George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Jacquie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. trble36

trble36 Victim

Now that Content Partners bought 1/2 the future of CSI, I wonder how that will impact any contract negotiations with George and the rest of the cast?

2. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I saw that George was wearing his glasses at an event the other night. I think he looks good in glasses, just not that particular style.

So, what do you think, should Nicky ever wear glasses? I think he did once in that ATM episode.

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Can't say as I'd mind. :adore:

Actually I think that Nicky has 3 times:
    season 2 - Burked (outside in the beginning)
    season 4 - Bad Words (talking with the coach and the baseball player)
    season 4 - Dead Ringer (at the ATM machine)

I immediately fell in love with the Dead Ringer scene the first time I saw it. :p

Susan

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yep! He looks hot in them!! :drool:

5. Stokes626

Stokes626 Witness

Didn't he wear them in the episode (can't remember the name of it) where a muder happened at a hotel and he wet out the back stairwell and when he came out to the parking lot with the VIP parking he ended up talking to one of his friends from Texas about the murder and then it ended up on the news and he got in trouble for it?

6. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Yup he did. The episode was called Assume Nothing.

7. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

That was such a good episode. Lots of good Nick moments, well done by George.

8. emzy300

emzy300 Victim

Fantastic news that George has signed for season 14!

9. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Yes, it is.

I hope there are better things to come for Nick and George in season 14

10. Smokey

Me too! Please, please, please. This season has been pretty much a dud for him. :(

11. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

We had some great Nick moments last night: When Nick was showing DB the surveillance, when Nick was talking to the gym teacher and lawyer, and I loved how he called David Super Dave.

I would have liked more interaction between David and Nick though, would have been nice if he was talking to Nick at the end instead of Finn

Loved the jeans too.

12. Smokey

Agree on all of this! It was a pretty good episode for Nick, but it does seem that he might have been there at the end. He and Super Dave have had several good moments over the years. Would have been nice to see him there.

13. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood CSI Level One

*Completely ignoring current discussion, sorry*

I've just recently realized it's been 13 years since I first saw and fell in love with the show. It's one of the few shows where I've been right with it from the start (the only other really is Criminal Minds, not counting shows I've seen off and on and not really followed intently). And now I've decided to re-watch all my old DVDs. Innitially it was with the plan of selling them afterwards, but now I'm just a few episodes into season 1 and I'm like, neeever gonna happen. :lol:

Anyway, the reason why I'm posting this here is because - am I the only one who is just struck by how much the character of Nick has really evolved from the beginning of the show? I mean, naturally they've all made progress and aged and whatnot. But to me it's the most evident with Nick. It should be said that I've only very loosely followed the show since Grissom left, so I'm no longer an expert and don't really have a clue of what's going on, but I still take sneak peaks at pictures and clips every now and again and I'm still amazed especially by Nick/George. I've always loved the character of Nick, and I had almost forgotten that he was, at the very beginning, almost as awkward as Greg.

So much love for the man though.

14. Smokey

You are definitely not the only one to notice how the character of Nick has evolved. :) And I think George had a lot to do with that. I really think too, despite the lack of continuity for the most part on the show, you can still attribute a lot of Nick's character to different things that have happened to him on the show. And I really think his character's development has been the most realistic of any of them. It just happened so gradually and naturally.

15. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood CSI Level One

The last time I watched these episodes was probably five years ago, or so, and my thinking has definitely changed a lot when it comes to how I view a show/movie. I mean, even just after the first time Nick has a gun pointed at him (Who Are You, s1) I can see how he's already changing and maturing. I don't know whether the writers or George did this intentionally, or perhaps it just comes naturally with the course of it all, without anyone making a concious decision for it to be so. I think it's pretty amazing though, especially now that it's been so long since the first season aired.