George/Nick: Texan Charm #11

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah but..he never killed anyone up till then, so you never know. Nick is kind of like the Energizer Bunny..keeps going..keeps..going

2. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I think that Nick *will* feel some sort of regret that it proved necessary to have to kill somebody, but he'll also know it was a 'kill or be killed' situation so he'll be able to deal with it. I would like to actually *see* him deal with it though.

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I think we also have to remember that Nick was a cop before he became a CSI. I would think there may be some distress but as blackflag said it's a 'Kill or be killed' situation. Nick was trained for this type of situation. I'm not saying the repercussions of shooting some one will be easy on him but it may not be as someone that's not trained for that type of situation.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

The writers' lack of continuity aside... ;)

I would think that he might feel worse about the cop getting killed because he sent him back there to see what was up, even tho that's the cop's job. But killing Jekyll was a do or die situation. I think he'll be okay with that. He's had that gun out so much in the past two seasons I'm just glad it finally paid off. :)

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Maybe he'll feel some type of release, like letting something finally go. Like when he wanted to shoot McKeen, but didn't. Maybe this will allow him to let that go.

Know what I'm trying to say?

6. Smokey

I know what you mean. Kind of like, he couldn't do anything in that situation but this time he could. Yeah, that would feel good, I'm sure. :)

7. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I rewatched Family Affair Thursday night and I just have to say, I love when Catherine calls Nick "Nicky".

8. Smokey

Me too. :) Interesting that just she, Brass, Grissom, and Warrick can get away with it. As far as I know, Ray, Sara, nor Greg have used it. And somehow that makes sense to me. :) It's either used as a familiar buddy thing as with Warrick and perhaps Catherine, or a parental type of thing like with Brass, Grissom, and sometimes Catherine.

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Exactly and come to think of it, I just couldn't see Sara or Greg using Nicky. It just wouldn't sound right. :shifty:

I think it shows how he has a closer relationship to those who use it, then those who don't. Not that I think Nick and Grissom where all that close because for some reason Grissom seem to only think of the other team members as close. But with Grissom it was like a teacher/student kind of thing. I don't know maybe that's the only way Grissom ever showed he somewhat cared about Nick.

10. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Nick didn't need a parent, he needed a teacher. He had two loving parents but Warrick and Sara didn't have that in their lives and I feel Grissom filled that void, but in Sara's case it was more personal.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2010
  11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well Nick made a cameo on Mythbusters tonight. :D

They did the pepper spray experiment that Nick did on CSI.

Oh, Nick's cameo was the scene, not actually George being on the show. :(

I would love to see him on that show. He would probably have a blast.

12. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

That would have been so cool if they had George help them with their experiment.

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

According to Margamania.net George is submitted in the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series category for the Primetime Emmy's. It's him and Robert David Hall. Is there a limit of how many you can submit in a particular category or something - Eric isn't submitted for supporting actor? :confused: Remember this is just submitted. At the link it says that nominations will be July 8. Nobody on CSI seem to get nominated any more. :( I do hope that either Coup de Grace or Lost and Found get nominated for writing though.

Susan

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Supporting? :eek: Last year he in the lead character category. :wtf: Oh yeah, I'm not confident about next season.:(

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I'm not at all sure that last year he really had much say in it. At this point last year he was most likely in some pretty intense physical therapy from his surgery. His people may have done what they thought was best. :thumbsup:

I think he and CSI would have a better chance of getting a nomination with him in supporting actor. When you look at Nick, Greg, Hodges, Doc Robbins, & Superdave - Nick is the strongest character.

Besides, I don't really think CSI is going to bring in any nominations for the performers. They never seem to any more. :( Like I said, I hope either Coup de Grace or Lost and Found bring in a nomination for writing. :)

Susan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.