"Genetic Disorder" Discussion **SPOILERS**

I'm really excited to see this episode :D I can't believe Greg's featured in all three previews!! Although, as much as I love seeing a lot of Greggo, I do hope they focus a lot on Doc Robbins too, since this is his episode; I was really surprised he wasn't in any of the sneak peeks :confused:. Maybe they don't want to give away what happens between him and his wife...? Poor Robbins, I wonder if there will be a major fallout or something between him and Judy :(.

They're in the 4th sneak peek or are you outside the U.S.?

I am sure this will still be a Doc Robbins heavy episode too. Kind of cool that the two who became regulars at the same time will kind of have be featured a lot in the same episode.

It looks like I won't be watching it tonight. A friend asked me out for a drink and usually I say no to invites on Wednesdays, but since Nicky isn't in this one I decided to just DVR it and say yes. I'll watch it sometime before the next new CSI airs, probably sometime after the holidays.

Posted on the CBS CSI: website:
Live Chat Wednesday 10pm ET / 7pm PT
Special live chat guest Elizabeth Devine joins you during the episode she wrote, "Genetic Disorder!" Get your questions ready and tune in to an all new episode of CSI!
LINK

I'm looking forward to this one, even without Jorja :(. Maybe Sara and Nick are at a bug seminar, with a certain entomologist. :)
How can anyone not be curious about Doc's wife?! I'm all for episodes that give us a glimpse into the characters' personal lives; they are so few and far between. I think this could be a very emotional episode, especially if it addresses to some extent Doc's disability.
Also, this is one of Marg's last episodes. The fact that we haven't seen her in the previews may mean that her scenes are important.

I hope this means that at some point we might see Super Dave's wife, and even more importantly, Sara's husband!

It looks like I won't be watching it tonight. A friend asked me out for a drink and usually I say no to invites on Wednesdays, but since Nicky isn't in this one I decided to just DVR it and say yes. I'll watch it sometime before the next new CSI airs, probably sometime after the holidays.

don't be surprised if the ratings are low, if everybody do the same...
The day when CSI will be cancelled, you won't see Nick anymore, I don't think you're a real fan of CSI...

The day when CSI will be cancelled, you won't see Nick anymore, I don't think you're a real fan of CSI...

A lot of people DVR the show and watch it later. I don't know how that figures into the ratings. But that doesn't mean someone isn't a "real fan". If that were so, then I must not be a real fan of Desperate Housewives, American Pickers, Hoarders, Grimm, What Not to Wear, etc....all of the show that I DVR to watch later.

I'm not a "real fan" because I choose to hang with a couple of girlfriends before the holidays kick into high gear instead of staying home and watching a TV show that I'll be watching later? I've seen every CSI since the pilot, own most of the seasons and watch them in reruns. I'm thinking that I'm more of a fan than you give me credit for.

A lot of people DVR the show and watch it later. I don't know how that figures into the ratings. But that doesn't mean someone isn't a "real fan". If that were so, then I must not be a real fan of Desperate Housewives, American Pickers, Hoarders, Grimm, What Not to Wear, etc....all of the show that I DVR to watch later.

Wow, I agree, how is that not a real fan? :eek:

I'm a Nick fan and I will be watching tonight, I'll be up anyway, plus I want to see Doc and his wife. That doesn't mean that with Nick not in it I'll be watching it multiple times as a repeat :lol:

I have 4 shows I watch live, CSI, Criminal Minds, NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles, and even though I watch a lot of other shows, they are all dvr'd in case I can't catch them live and so that I can watch them at my leisure and be able to share the television time with my husband and his favorites too. Sometimes they're all watched live, or started 30 minutes late, but it just depends, and who doesn't love being able to fast forward through commercials? :p Oh, and add Person of Interest to the live list, it's hard to not be ready and waiting at 9:00 on a Thursday :lol:

ETA: Adding on after re-reading CgrGrl's above post;
Exactly, it's the holidays, and sometimes you just have to jump on an opportunity, it just hurts less knowing that you won't be missing any Nick. I can't see how that makes her not a "real fan". She's obviously been watching longer and owns more dvd sets than I do. :bolian: And I consider myself a real fan too, in spite of Nick being my favorite, and only being on the CSI bandwagon for about a year and a half (and yes, I've seen every episode multiple times too :cool:)

Last edited:
Also, too, unless his household is signed up with Nielsen Ratings, it makes no difference what he does. There is no magic big brother watching everybody's viewing.
LaSquisita

Then there's a hell of a lot of people around who aren't fans. I know many people who don't watch CSI live simply because it's on at 10 o'clock at night and they have a real life that demands their attention.

An annual study of consumer video consumption habits conducted by Frank N. Magid Associates reveals that more than 50% of online consumers watch TV shows and movies online at least occasionally. Yet as online viewing becomes more widespread, the usage of on-demand, DVR and DVD platforms also continues to grow.

source: Over Half of Viewers Watch TV Shows, Movies Online

I would probably watch this episode, even without Nick in it, if CSI was still on at 9 o'clock but I don't see forcing myself to stay up till 11 when I already know my favorite character isn't in it.

And, everything comes to an end at some point. I was a big JAG fan. Loved David James Elliott almost as much as George Eads but you know what, I don't miss seeing him on JAG every week.

Susan

Anyone who enjoys CSI and watches it, however they watch it, is a 'real' fan.

We're all just different types of fans.

LOL at the 911 call about the rat.

Aww at SuperDave hugging Doc.

Why do they keep saying he was found naked when he had boxers on? That isn't naked, that's almost naked LOL.

Doc's right, Brass' past is clouding his judgement.

Hodges' cat named Cinder died in a fire. That's very ironic and sad. Poor kitty.

Greg: Why else would you play Marvin Gaye? Um, FYI, Greg, some people actually happen to like the songs "Sexual Healing" and "Let's Get It On" and play the occasionally just to listen to them and for no other reason lol. Just because a song talks about sex doesn't necessarily mean that's its only listening to while doing that LOL.

Hodges: I'm just saying when I play sexual healing, it's foreplay.
Greg: Yeah, well, playing for yourself doesn't count. :guffaw:

A pet/vet privilege? Seriously?

Wasn't the prisoner guy in the Hogs Heaven episode as one of the bikers? If not, he kind of looks like one of them LOL.

LOL she keeps calling him "Hojem-Sanders".

LOL at Henry yanking Greg into the lab.

LOL at DB yelling for Greg again and Morgan jumping and rubbing her ear LOL. "You know we have an intercom system" LOL.

At least they had Brass apologize to Doc.

"I Can't Make You Love Me" - I love that song!

"Woah! I'm related to Buffalo Bill Cody. That is so cool!" Aww, Doc, you're adorable. :)

Last edited:
Back