"Genetic Disorder" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Dec 10, 2011.

1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

They're in the 4th sneak peek or are you outside the U.S.?

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I am sure this will still be a Doc Robbins heavy episode too. Kind of cool that the two who became regulars at the same time will kind of have be featured a lot in the same episode.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I wonder if that was done on purpose lol.

4. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

It looks like I won't be watching it tonight. A friend asked me out for a drink and usually I say no to invites on Wednesdays, but since Nicky isn't in this one I decided to just DVR it and say yes. I'll watch it sometime before the next new CSI airs, probably sometime after the holidays.

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Posted on the CBS CSI: website:

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'm looking forward to this one, even without Jorja :(. Maybe Sara and Nick are at a bug seminar, with a certain entomologist. :)
    How can anyone not be curious about Doc's wife?! I'm all for episodes that give us a glimpse into the characters' personal lives; they are so few and far between. I think this could be a very emotional episode, especially if it addresses to some extent Doc's disability.
    Also, this is one of Marg's last episodes. The fact that we haven't seen her in the previews may mean that her scenes are important.

I hope this means that at some point we might see Super Dave's wife, and even more importantly, Sara's husband!

7. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

don't be surprised if the ratings are low, if everybody do the same...
    The day when CSI will be cancelled, you won't see Nick anymore, I don't think you're a real fan of CSI...

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

A lot of people DVR the show and watch it later. I don't know how that figures into the ratings. But that doesn't mean someone isn't a "real fan". If that were so, then I must not be a real fan of Desperate Housewives, American Pickers, Hoarders, Grimm, What Not to Wear, etc....all of the show that I DVR to watch later.

9. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

I'm not a "real fan" because I choose to hang with a couple of girlfriends before the holidays kick into high gear instead of staying home and watching a TV show that I'll be watching later? I've seen every CSI since the pilot, own most of the seasons and watch them in reruns. I'm thinking that I'm more of a fan than you give me credit for.

10. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Wow, I agree, how is that not a real fan? :eek:

I'm a Nick fan and I will be watching tonight, I'll be up anyway, plus I want to see Doc and his wife. That doesn't mean that with Nick not in it I'll be watching it multiple times as a repeat :lol:

I have 4 shows I watch live, CSI, Criminal Minds, NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles, and even though I watch a lot of other shows, they are all dvr'd in case I can't catch them live and so that I can watch them at my leisure and be able to share the television time with my husband and his favorites too. Sometimes they're all watched live, or started 30 minutes late, but it just depends, and who doesn't love being able to fast forward through commercials? :p Oh, and add Person of Interest to the live list, it's hard to not be ready and waiting at 9:00 on a Thursday :lol:

ETA: Adding on after re-reading CgrGrl's above post;
    Exactly, it's the holidays, and sometimes you just have to jump on an opportunity, it just hurts less knowing that you won't be missing any Nick. I can't see how that makes her not a "real fan". She's obviously been watching longer and owns more dvd sets than I do. :bolian: And I consider myself a real fan too, in spite of Nick being my favorite, and only being on the CSI bandwagon for about a year and a half (and yes, I've seen every episode multiple times too :cool:)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  11. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Also, too, unless his household is signed up with Nielsen Ratings, it makes no difference what he does. There is no magic big brother watching everybody's viewing.
    LaSquisita

12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Then there's a hell of a lot of people around who aren't fans. I know many people who don't watch CSI live simply because it's on at 10 o'clock at night and they have a real life that demands their attention.

source: Over Half of Viewers Watch TV Shows, Movies Online

I would probably watch this episode, even without Nick in it, if CSI was still on at 9 o'clock but I don't see forcing myself to stay up till 11 when I already know my favorite character isn't in it.

And, everything comes to an end at some point. I was a big JAG fan. Loved David James Elliott almost as much as George Eads but you know what, I don't miss seeing him on JAG every week.

Susan

13. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Anyone who enjoys CSI and watches it, however they watch it, is a 'real' fan.

We're all just different types of fans.

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

For the record, I'm a real fan who also happens to be crazy. :lol:

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

LOL at the 911 call about the rat.

Aww at SuperDave hugging Doc.

Why do they keep saying he was found naked when he had boxers on? That isn't naked, that's almost naked LOL.

Doc's right, Brass' past is clouding his judgement.

Hodges' cat named Cinder died in a fire. That's very ironic and sad. Poor kitty.

Greg: Why else would you play Marvin Gaye? Um, FYI, Greg, some people actually happen to like the songs "Sexual Healing" and "Let's Get It On" and play the occasionally just to listen to them and for no other reason lol. Just because a song talks about sex doesn't necessarily mean that's its only listening to while doing that LOL.

Hodges: I'm just saying when I play sexual healing, it's foreplay.
    Greg: Yeah, well, playing for yourself doesn't count. :guffaw:

A pet/vet privilege? Seriously?

Wasn't the prisoner guy in the Hogs Heaven episode as one of the bikers? If not, he kind of looks like one of them LOL.

LOL she keeps calling him "Hojem-Sanders".

LOL at Henry yanking Greg into the lab.

LOL at DB yelling for Greg again and Morgan jumping and rubbing her ear LOL. "You know we have an intercom system" LOL.

At least they had Brass apologize to Doc.

"I Can't Make You Love Me" - I love that song!

"Woah! I'm related to Buffalo Bill Cody. That is so cool!" Aww, Doc, you're adorable. :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011