Gary #6: Renaissance Man (cause he can do everything)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MarineGirl#1, Jul 20, 2009.

?

Gary: we do need a name

Poll closed Jul 30, 2009.
  1. Gary #6: Hosing down HIS girls

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. Gary #6: Uncensored

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Gary #6: Final destinaton desire

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Gary #6: Can you see behind those magical eyes

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Gary #6: Take my breath away

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gary #6: I can't get you out of my head

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. Gary #6: He just keeps getting hotter

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  8. Gary #6: Renaissance Man (cause he can do everyhting)

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. Gary #6: Uncensored Hotness

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Gary #6: Pure Seduction

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  11. Gary #6: Gutterville is Calling

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  12. Gary #6: Fasten your seatbelts, ladies

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Yes, it's actually Mac Taylor. I think it's from Season 2, Episode 20 (Run Silent, Run Deep). I know that he was smoking in that episode anyway, but just because he needed due to evidence

2. PeterC4173

PeterC4173 Victim

Hey I dont know if anyone asked this yet, but I know there is a movie coming out or already out about Gary and the Lt. Dan Band, but does anyone know when or if it will come to DVD, and if not, where can people see it??

3. Mac's Girl

Mac's Girl Witness

Speak for yourselves :lol: Too old my backside!!

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah, it is indeed from run silent run deep, he's test smoking to try to prove danny wasn't involved in the murder. he looks great while he's smoking doesn't he?

i was going to ask actually, in follow up to blue's post earlier - which are your favourite characters gary's played? i had a tough choice on this, i'm still slightly undecided between a couple of them but i think my list would be"

1: austin (true west) - because i adore true west anyway, it totally fits my sense of humour/cynicism/darkness, and i *really* relate to austin (which is slightly worrying but that doesn't make it less true!)

2: george (OM&M) - because i love the story, and steinbeck generally, anyway so that helps, but also he looks SO damn hot in that film (shallow, moi?)

3: mac (hmm what's mac in?) - just because i love mac, i can't explain why, but i do. also it was the character that got me into liking gary overall so that's always nice.

4: tom (that championship season) - probably because i relate to him too, i went through a very alcoholic stage (some would say i'm still there) and i always hated the phoniness of gatherings like the one in that film and would often be the one sitting in the corner smoking, getting drunk and sneering at everyone, but also making lots of stupid jokes.

5: lt dan, just because, hell, it's lt dan!:lol::lol: and because blue is right. I obvs wasn't think straight last night. how could lt dan not be on my list???

so that would make me less torn, these 3 are honorary mentions ;)

spencer (impostor), partly because he uses the best einstein quote ever (only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the universe) and partly because he looks so lovely in that military style coat.

mother wilkins (a midnight clear) - partly because it's such a lovely film anyway, and the character is so different from many other things he's done. the downside is that he's criminally underused in it, and his best scene was cut entirely :(

morgan (it's the rage) - i guess this is because he totally redeemed an otherwise spectacularly bad flim, also because it's so cool to see him do outright comedy.

bloody hell, editing posts on iPhone takes forever!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  5. Blue

Blue Police Officer

Hi Lisa,

is Lt. Dan your last word ???? really really really????:lol:
    Guess I changed my choice while writing a million times and I am not sure about my choice right now.......

What´s about "pure" Gary Sinise like that:

[​IMG]
    :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Sam, these curly hair.......... don´t you love that too?????

Any other charts?????

Blue;)

PS
    A hearty welcome to all the new ones - seems our self-help-group is getting bigger every day !!!;)

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ edited just for you - you are right!!

7. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Yeah I was wondering about that as well, I heard it aired in LA at a movie festivel or somethnig, but I hope it comes to DVD soon, I'm curious what the movie is like.

8. csiny_65

csiny_65 Dead on Arrival

I am the one who has been having all the problems here, and it seems that the mods here have not answered any of my messages to remove me. So if one of you members could PM SOMEONE, like ASAP, to tell them to remove me?

I do not have enough posts on here to PM anyone.....
    I wrote 10 days ago, the administrator and the feedback.........got no reply.

Is anyone even moderating here, if so, can someone please see this here then, and take me off? There is no sense in even trying to come here if it takes till Christmas for me to read or post!!!

NO ONE WILL ANSWER ME, SO I POSTED HERE, SOMEONE SHOULD SEE IT EVENTUALLY.....

I WANT TO BE REMOVED, AS IN YESTERDAY......

SO WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS....

9. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

csiny65,
    You see the little white triangle outlined in red with a ! in the middle of it at the bottom left corner of your post. Hit it, then a window will open where you can write a message to the moderator. That's how I got in touch with Top41 yesterday about a thread with 1009 posts that hadn't been closed and locked. If you don't see that triangle on your post but you do on mine then you can use mine.

10. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Hello! :)

Gosh...I sometimes hate homework...:vulcan: It tooks too much of my time. :(

Anyway in back again! :lol:

So...Blue...Gary and curls...Do you have to even ask about it! :lol::lol::lol:
    I LOVE THE COMBINATION!!!:drool::drool::drool::drool: Great pic thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

You're list your favourite characters which Gary's played huh? ;)

Let's think...ohhh this is gonna be a tough one! :lol:

1) George Milton (OMAM)
    [​IMG]
    He looks super HOT and super CUTE there at the same time! Do I need to say more?!? :lol:

2) Stu Redman (The Stand)
    [​IMG]
    - Sweet character, I'd fall for that kind of a guy anytime. :)

3) Lt.Dan (Forrest Gump)
    [​IMG]
    - Dan...What can I say...Fiery, stubborn, honest...HOT!!! :devil:

4) Mac Taylor (CSI:NY)
    [​IMG]
    -*The boss*, hero, cutie, handsome, a quite of a mystery which you learn new all the time!

5) Gabriel (Reindeer Games)
    [​IMG]

- Shortly..."Bad boy with a hot body!* :evil:

6) Harry Truman (Truman)
    [​IMG]
    - History is my passion, so I fell in love this film, maybe not the best historical film I've seen, but Gary's performance made me wanna buy it! Plus he *looks* like Harry. S. Truman! ;)

Huh! This wasn't an easy decision.:lol: Cause sometimes for example Mac is my favourite character but that order on the above keeps on general...:)

11. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I have only seen two of Gary's movies (Apollo 13 and Forrest Gump) and as Mac Taylor. I think I have to watch some more of Gary's movies before I really can pick my favourite characters. But so far I really liked him as Lt Dan and Mac Taylor, although Mac Taylor wins :)

12. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

THANK YOU!!!!

also thank you guys for the AMAZING pics you have posted! ;D

13. Free2BMe

Free2BMe Victim

Random Question, Does anybody have or know where I could find, a couple of interviews of Gary's, I am trying to find his apperance on Letterman and The View, from Nov. 06, Can anybody help me? I would really appreciate it.

14. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

The only thing I can think of is You Tube.
    Go to You Tube and search Gary Sinise interviews.

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i always preferred george wallace... the film, not the bloke, obvs!

you're right about choosing a favourite tho, it's bloody hard work!:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.