Gary#5 "Houston...We Have A Hottie!"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by RanMa, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

All of you hung up on this smoking issue are forgetting one thing: Gary's human, just like the rest of us. Unless one of you has some good, solid, beyond a reasonable doubt, will stand up in court proof that he's an alien.:alienblush: People smoke. It may be bad for them, it may be addictive, people can do commercials and public service announcements about how bad for you and addictive it is but people somke anyway. If Gary smokes that's Gary's business. I say forget it and move on. There's gotta be something else about him we can talk about. I know, let's talk about movies and other tv shows he's been in. If you need some ideals, here's a link to the Gary Sinise page at IMDB. That should give you some ideals. If it don't, here's a link to the IMDB Gary Sinise message boards.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  2. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

We are not hung up on it, just commenting.... I havent been in here in a couple of days and I was just puting my thoughts in..:) As far as I know in all the 5 threads this is the first time the topic has come up..so I think some people are surprised that all..:) Please feel free to talk about anything about our boy...:) You dont have to stick to what everyone else is talking about...:)

3. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Thanks for all the hot pics guys, the Ransom ones are...there are no words, so I will use the ever-useful smiley to convey my feelings - :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: He is soooooooooo evil in that, but so hot. I agree that it is hard to believe that Jimmy Shaker and Mac Taylor are played by the same actor, they're so different. It shows what a great actor Gary is.
    I didn't know Gary smokes either, or WP. I like Robert Patrick a lot too (the evil Terminator in Terminator 2, and John Doggett in the X Files) and he was a smoker too, though I think he gave up. But they're still both incredibly hot!

Fiona, did you watch the Frasier ep with Gary's voice? It's right at the very beginning of the ep, but his name is in the credits at the end too.

carolyn, welcome to the Gary thread. I am a bit like you, when I first started watching NY, Robert Patrick was top banana and Gary second, but now Gary is top banana and RP second. They are sort of similar - blue/green eyes, and both with sexy, distinctive voices. Even weirder, RP's character in XF was a Marine who had been in the battalion that was in Beirut in 1983, same as Mac. I am a sucker for ex-military guys/characters.:drool: But yeah, Gary is my number one guy now, to the extent that a colleague was looking through the DVD disc baskets at work looking for Of Mice and Men, and I was able to spot it just by how the disc looks.:lol: She wanted it for John Malkovich though, rather than Gary.

bumblebee, I also think Sting is hot. I wish he would be on NY, he could be playing at the bar where Mac's band plays, with Mac playing bass. That would be so hot, I think my head would probably explode, but I'd die happy (and drooling):drool: I'm not a big fan of stunt casting, but Sting is different.

What was the first tv show everyone saw Gary in? I first noticed him in CSI NY, but I had seen Midnight Clear and Forrest Gump before then without knowing who he was. So I couldn't appreciate the nudity in Midnight Clear because I didn't have the hots for him then.:( The first movie I saw him in after I started liking him was Of Mice and Men.

4. Fiona

Fiona Dead on Arrival

]Yeah, I watched that Frasier episode (the beginning several times) and it made me go gooey.

Just been watching the first episode of The Stand. I read the book last week and loved it. Gary makes a good Stu.

And he doesn't die like practically everyone else at the end! I don't think I could have coped with both Larry and Stu dying... Larry was bad enough

5. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I know something about Gary Sinise we can discuss besides the smoking issue. In which episode of CSI: NY do you think Gary looked the hottest??? This can include the 2 CSI: Miami episodes: Mia/NYC non-stop which is the one I like to refer to as "The CSI: NY pilot episode" or Felony Flight which was part 1 of the 2 part crossover in CSI: NY's season 2 and CSI: Miami's season 4. The episode I think he looks the hottest in is the season 4 episode Playing With Matches. That's the episode where the guy on fire comes flying out of no where and hits the front a fire truck en route to a fire. Just before the theme Mac is looking up at the sky and says: Houston, we have a problem. I was like these emotes :rommie::guffaw::lol: when he said that. The reason I was like those emotes is cause I knew he was in the movie that line originated from-(Apollo 13).

6. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

I keep missing it when its on in the UK I will need to d/load it. I love his voice.

As for Stu well you are talking my first Gary love.....:drool::drool::drool: god I love The Stand...

Carolyn possibly we could discuss this over on the Mac thread ..CSISenna posted some really nice pics from last nights eps and the girls have posted loads of lovely pics of Mac lately..:drool::drool::drool::drool: It would be nice to see what everyone picks as their fav Mac ep....pop on over....http://talk.csifiles.com/showpost.php?p=794575&postcount=293 I will have to have a think I have so many favs..*g* But I have posted my first thought..*g*

I know I think my favorite scene in that film is where he is in the car talking....god he looks SO good and the voice...*THUD*

Oh I agree I love Robert Patrick....I watch Terminator 2 just to see him.. and he is another with a lovely voice..I was anoyed when he was killed of so early in Atlantis...

Someone really needs to give me a heads up when its on next in the UK...:( On the up side I got the Audio book of Of Mice and Men when I was in the US...OMG its amazing listening to him do all the characters..

Not a great Sting fan but him as a guest star playing at Cozy's would be awsome...any excuse to see Gary play...:D:D:D

Well as I said in answer to Fiona above the first time I saw Gary was in The Stand...back in 1996ish, it was lust...err love at first sight...the looks and the voice... *THUD*

7. Fiona

Fiona Dead on Arrival

I would do anything to get my hands on his Of Mice of Men audio book. It's on amazon.co.uk I know but I can't really justify the expense of buying it right now as I don't really like audio books for themselves.

The first thing I saw Gary in was Forest Gump when I was about 12, but I don't think I fancied him then. I just noticed him and always remembered him in everything I saw after... Of Mice of Men and Apollo 13 being the only other two movies (hoping to improve upon that.) He's just one of those actors who I think I subconsciously always liked.

I watched Forest Gump again a few weeks ago and I was looking forward to the Lt Dan character as I always liked him. Only now I developed a full blown crush and found out he was in CSI NY! So now I'm watching that...

And I'm also watching The Stand now too. He's just lovely in it. I love Stu and I think Gary's too good looking for words. Such a good match.

8. Jimenez

Jimenez Prime Suspect

Forrest gump was my first movie with him too. but I started to realize him in appolo 13 and especially in CSI NY. in the very beginning i couldn't even believe that the character Mac taylor and Lt dan is played by the same person. after watching more films with him i see gary in both roles of course, but in the beinning... which shows actual his great performance

a few more ransom pics because he is so extremly hot as a bad guy:devil::devil:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] isn't he looking harmless

[​IMG] a nasty smile

...to be continued
    large:
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff57/la-prill/movie pics/PDVD_057-1.jpg
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff57/la-prill/movie pics/PDVD_149.jpg
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff57/la-prill/movie pics/PDVD_150-1.jpg

9. Fiona

Fiona Dead on Arrival

I dont think I want to watch Ransom. One. I can't stand Mel Gibson, there's something weird about him and he should be the bad guy. Two. If Gary's evil, I'm on his side.

10. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

I don't know if this has already been posted but I found out today that gary is gonig to be Live With Regis and Kelly, tuesday October 7th.
    So be sure to tune on.

11. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I love Ransom! "Because of Gary!" :lol: I don't like Mel Gibson that much...He's not as nearly charming as Gary is! :adore: And it doesn't matter to me does he plays a bad or a good guy I'm always on his side! Even it may sounds weird to be same side with the bad guy! :rolleyes:

Here's some my favourite pics from the Ransom! ;)
    "This guys as hot as evil!":devil::evil::evil::devil:

[​IMG]
    "I believe everyone of us would wanna be there with him!" :devil::D:devil:
    [​IMG]
    :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk26/Sam2222008/ransom25.jpg

12. Fiona

Fiona Dead on Arrival

Oh, don't forget - Mission to Mars on ITV 10pm tonight. Best set the recorder...

13. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I just watched the final ep of Frasier from s2, and at the end of every last ep of each season, when they do the credits, they do a 'Thanks for Calling' thing with pics of all the celebs who have been guest callers on the show for that season, and they had a pic of Gary.

Me too, he's soooooooooooooooo hot and sweet in it. Gary plays bad guys very well, but he plays good guys very well too - Lt Dan, Mac, Stu :)drool:), George (oh, God I love George:adore:. I gotta watch OMAM this weekend too, as well as some NY), Terry....

Will think about it and post over in the Mac thread, if my head doesn't explode or I don't drown in my own drool.;)

In Ransom? Oh yeah, that is HOT.:drool:

It's the eyes and the voice and the general manliness that do it for me with both Gary and RP. RP also does an excellent bad guy and a great good guy. My dream is that Mac goes to a Marines reunion, at which he meets up with his old Marine buddies John Doggett and Jethro Gibbs.:drool: With Sting singing at the reunion.:drool: And Jack Bauer there, um...for some reason I haven't thought of yet.:lol:

I haven't heard that one, but he read Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck (Gary likes his Steinbeck, and I now like Steinbeck because of Gary.) and it is very hot listening to him read.:drool: I think he read part of a Stephen King story collection on audio book too. The story is called The Fifth Quarter and it's in Vol 3 of Nightmares & Dreamscapes. (Info from sinisefans).

14. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

I've seen Gary in films since I was really young, but I never really fancied him until I was like...13, I watched Ransom and was just wowed after that.

I watched all his films over after that and became very obsessed, now I have pretty much everything he's ever done accept midnight clear and the dress code.

The stand is probably one of my favourite things in the world, and not just because of Gary...but because of all the actors, the storyline and Stephen King.

15. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

For people in the UK that have ITV4, Mission to Mars is on now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.