Gary#5 "Houston...We Have A Hottie!"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by RanMa, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimenez

Jimenez Prime Suspect

thanks for the pics fruitbat! they're great:drool::drool:. i think i totally forgot how hot he looks in this movie! could be cause i think that mission to mars isn't the best movie he've done in my opinion. but that could be cause i'm not a real sci fi lover;)
    maybe i should watch it again... just in case i could change my opinion:D

here are a few pics from the forgotten:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]as usual clickable

2. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Thank you, Fruitbat.
    Thank you, Jiminez.
    I love those pics. On "The Forgotten" pics, I like that 2nd one of him wearing glasses. Of the 3 of him wearing glasses, it's the middle one.
    My favorite of those "Mission To Mars" pics is the one of him leaning forward on the desk. I love how it makes his arms look so strong and sexy. I wouldn't mind being hugged by those arms.
    Something about Gary's character in "Mission To Mars" reminds me of his CSI: NY character Mac Taylor.

3. Zelda

Zelda Hit and Run

Fruitbat, that first picture is amazing. I'd give up my makeup stash to have Gary hold me in his arms. You just know you'd feel a million times better after he cuddled you!

4. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Jimenz and Fruitbat, thanks for the gorgeous pics. Mmmm, I'd love to be held in his arms too.:drool: My fave pic is the M2M one with him leaning on the table. Yummy.:drool::drool:

Carolyn, Jim McConnell reminds me of Mac Taylor too I think it's because of the similar look and also
    Jim's a widower like Mac.

5. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

After I posted ^^that^^ I got to thinking and I figured out why Gary's "Mission To Mars" character reminds me of his CSI: NY character Mac Taylor. Your spoiler, MacsLady, is part of it. Here's the rest. Jim McConnell has Mac Taylor's demeanor, personality, temperment or whatever you wanna call it. Most of the time he's low keyed, mild mannered, soft spoken...like Mac. But in that "Mission To Mars" scene where Jim McConnell's leaning on that desk, Jim had a Mac Taylor temper. Reminded me of that CSI: NY season 5 episode where Adam got that slip of paper saying he was gonna be let go and a scene or 2 later Mac was in his office yelling in the phone at Chief Sinclair about it.:guffaw:
    Everytime I watch that scene in "Mission To Mars" it makes me wanna watch Mac blowing his top in that episode of CSI: NY. Oh if only I could watch them side by side. Alas, I don't have enough tvs and dvd players.

6. Zelda

Zelda Hit and Run

Any chance Gary could wear the fitted blue top/black trouser combo on CSI? Whilst getting drenched.

*stares at pictures for longer than is possibly healthy.

7. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

^^^ Comes to the resque of Zelda :devil::devil::devil: Erm... well we have seen Gary wearing black as Mac, so why not go for the blue, it's suits a Marine :drool::drool::drool:

8. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Wow, never thought of that before! I'll watch M2M again sometime soon (it's been on my PVR for MONTHS) and enjoy it even more. I think that CSI NY ep you mention ^ is due to air here on Saturday....is it 5.05 'The Cost of Living'?

Oh, that would be nice. Blue does suit a Marine. Getting wet does too.:drool:

Oh, I read Of Mice and Men and really loved it, read it in half a day! It's very easy to imagine Gary as George. It was nice reading the book and having images from the movie in my head to fit the characters. It was interesting to see where the film matched the book, and where it's different.
    I think in the film, Curley's wife is more sympathetic. She's a real b*tch in the book!

9. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

bumble bee great pics again.:thumbsup: My god that last one made me gave a yelp "a loud one":lol::lol::lol: Boy...the Man REALLY has...öhm...what could I say without sounding vicked..."nice" tush!:devil::devil::devil::devil: I'd really wanna take a closer look! "OMG! Now I DO sound vicked! :guffaw:"

Also very nice pics Jimenes and Fruitbat! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I haven't seen A Mission to Mars. I have only heard about it, one of my friends has seen it and he said that if I wanna watch it I should watch it because of Gary...he didn't really like the film I guess, well I just said that to me only thing that matters is to see Gary there! :lol::lol::lol:

I have to say he looks hot in those M2M pics, especially in that thind one is super cute, I love his eyes, they are so cute! :adore::adore::adore: well all about him is cute really and those arms are very sexy ones...again! :drool::drool::drool:

And what comes to forgotten, I may have said this earlier but I like to see Gary wearing glasses!;) Basically cause I wear glasses so it's quite obvious that I'm fancy to guys who wearing glasses!:lol: Some people wonder why...I guess glasses makes guys look really smart! At least it sticks to Gary! :hugegrin:

10. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

11. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

I only found out Mission to Mars was on ITV3 by chance a few weeks ago, so I watched it, and thoroughly enjoyed it for very obvious reasons :rolleyes:. It's also a favourite because a vast majority of my DVD collection is sci-fi:lol:. I've also seen The Forgotten, but it was nearly a year ago, so I should probably get round to watching it again. He looked really good in glasses, too :drool:

12. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Watched Of Mice and Men today....again.
    George is so, so hot. Gary's performance in this is understated and subtle, and just so amazing. I love how his eyes convey so many different emotions. I've always loved the barn scene, not just for Gary in a vest and a little grubby, but for the way he acts that scene, he hardly speaks, yet conveys so much through his eyes and body language. This time around, I had to watch that final scene when he
    shoots Lennie
    over and over again, he is amazing in that scene, and again, he doesn't say much, it's all conveyed through his eyes and body language. Gary makes my heart break for George as well as for Lennie by the end of the film, he makes George such a real and sympathetic character, despite his occasional harshness with Lennie.
    Another favourite scene is when George is cleaning Lennie up after Curley hurts him, he's so gentle, and Gary's voice all whispery and soft and gentle....*THUD*:adore: Loved Gary's chemistry with John Malkovich, and also with John Terry, the guy who plays Slim.
    Oooh, and the accent....:drool: and the jeans:drool::drool: and the vest:drool::drool: and all the physical labour:drool::drool::drool: Lots of cute smiles too, love how Gary makes George light up when he's talking about their dream.
    I like too that Gary's version of Mice and Men is a lot more generous to Curley's wife and lets her come off way more sympathetic than she is in the book. I think I read somewhere that Gary said they did that deliberately.

13. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

I agree Gary is excellent at conveying so much with a look and with his body language. I would really like to see him given a strong emotional script for Mac in NY.

We got a few good glimpses at what he can do in season one in Blink and a few of the other eps in that season. But we really haven't been given anything with any substance since that can show just how talented an actor he is.

The closest we have been given was the Restaurant scene in Consequences, the play of emotions on his face as he talks to Reed and is ultimately rejected by him in that ep is just wonderful to watch..

14. AlienMonkey

AlienMonkey Hit and Run

I agree, it's very hard to convey emotions on television, especially when you know how hard your fans are watching you, waiting for something to slip. Gary does it so well half the time you cry when he's sad, his face etched in pain or misery especially with the Reed scenes.

Forest Gump and Mice of Men are good examples of his acting style. Those are my favorite movies with him in it. The only reason why I love those movies is because of how well he portrays the emotions.

15. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Oh, he's amazing in that Consequences scene. I agree we haven't had anything like that for Mac for a while, and we need it! These storylines with Mac being pursued by various psychos and various women are fine, but Gary's such a good actor that he deserves a good, meaty, emotional storyline. Something like Child's Play was for Carmine.

Welcome to the thread, AlienMonkey!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.