Gary #4....Soooooo Nibble Worthy

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MacsLovlyAngl, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Ah, thanks nat. :D

2. giovinazzo<3

giovinazzo<3 Lab Technician

3. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Thanks for the link to the Discovery miniseries that Gary narrated. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I caught 2 hours of it this past Sunday, and they're repeating it this Saturday pm, then another new 2-hour segment on Sunday, repeating that the following Sat., finished off by the last 2-hour segment the next Sunday. I hadn't realized it was a 3-part series when I started watching it, but I'll definitely catch the entire thing now that I do know.

I found the subject matter highly compelling (to be honest, much more than I initially thought I would, I have to admit I tuned in mostly for Gary in the beginning), and of course it was definitely very cool that they asked Gary to narrate. Another nice feather in the cap of the multi-talented Mr. Sinise! :cool:

And did anyone else catch him on the PBS Channel on Memorial Day, co-hosting the National Memorial Day Concert again this year? He did a great job, Joe Montegna ("Criminal Minds") was Gary's co-host, and he was excellent, too. A very beautiful, stirring, and of course emotional production. I'm always happy to see Gary participate. :thumbsup:

4. giovinazzo<3

you guys are lucky because you can watch "When We First Left Earth", but here in Norway i don't know when it's coming on, but i just have to be patient and wait...

5. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Don't mind giovinazzo<3 cause here in Finland I almost 100% sure that they won't show it at all!:brickwall: But always can stay hopeful! ;)

6. giovinazzo<3

sam222--- im staying hopeful to they send it on TV here in Norway:D:lol: because i soo want to see it..!:D

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

It's the Rage was on here tonight but I fell asleep :lol:

8. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

^^^ :lol: So we need to rewatch that again. I need to find my tapes :guffaw:

9. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Dratted Five sure like to keep us up late on weeknights - SO glad I already have the DVD of that one! Not like when they showed The Big Bounce a while back :scream:

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I flipped on the TV the other day and caught a few minutes of The Stand on Sci Fi. It's the part where Molly Ringwald's character tells Gary's that she's pregnant. I was on my way out so I didn't catch any more of it, but I was curious as to whether it was Gary's character's baby or not! :lol: I know a lot of you have seen The Stand so I figured I'd ask... :)

11. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Nope the baby is not Stu's (Gary's character) Fran is already pregnant by the time she meats Stu.

I don't think we actually find out who the baby's father is..

Its a while since I watched it.. I will need to dig it out again I love The Stand...Stu Redman my first Gary love...*sigh*

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Cool, thank you! I literally only caught that minute or so of it, but I was immediately curious. Had I not been going out, I might have watched more. The Stand was a mini-series, was it not? How many episodes/hours was it?

13. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

It was six 60 minute eps when it aired originally, I think. We saw it in 2 or 3 parts here in the UK when it aired on Sky.

14. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Ah, that explains the lack of credits on individual episodes on the DVD! The version I have, has it split into four 90-minute episodes.

15. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I love The Stand! Every once in awhile on a cold, snowy winter Sunday afternoon, I'll pull out my dvd & have a movie marathon & rewatch it. It was very well done for it's time, particularly for a made-for-cable movie. I recall there being a rather big buzz about two actors in particular when it came out, because it marked the return of both Molly Ringwald & Rob Lowe to the public eye after a hiatus, of sorts. :lol: Gary wasn't extremely well known back then (certainly not like he is now) so his name didn't generate much pre-movie interest, but of course he certainly captured some eyes and attention after folks had viewed the miniseries! :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.