Gary #3 Mr. Sinister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gary # 3 Mr. Sinister.

Glad you got it working. God I forgot how HOT Stu is until I started rummaging through my pic and that one Elwood21 is just LOVELY...*drool*

thanks for the pics!!

garysinise.jpg

:D :D :D

HEADS UP! A rare Gary movie, playing tonight (Tuesday) at 8pm Central Standard Time on The Golf Channel (of all places!), called "A Gentleman's Game".

I read in an article about the Lt Dan Band that when he had a band when he was younger he did sing.....

I am with you I would LOVE to hear him sing....

660k5kp.jpg

Hi Girls, decided to stop lurking. :p

Brought contribution to the hotness. This is one I did for Mel. :devil: :devil:

Enjoy, :D

*sigh* I wasn't gonna post MORE pictures, really and honestly I wasn't going to. But someone was talking about Gary singing in a band as a kid and it just sparked a vague memory of something I'd seen, and I had to track it down. So I went surfing/digging around and found... (*sorry more pictures* -- well, I did warn y'all)

:lol: Gary the rockstar then...(singing in his band)
editedegarysinisedailyejw1.jpg

egarysinisedailye32bwsijy2.jpg

With his LtDan Band, Gary doesn't apparently sing much, only chorus/backup kind of stuff, so there's more pics of him talking/introducing songs than singing them. Still I managed to find ...Gary now. :cool:
editedjoesbarapril20062uc3.jpg

Dunno know what he's like singing. The man has a *great* speaking voice anyways - melts me every time. And, although the band is reputed to be excellent and very tight, I'd also be happy just to watch the man play. :p
americasheroes22006julyva4.jpg

Okay, I'll try to restrain myself slightly with the pics for awhile. :p

^ :lol: :lol: oh my gooood... this is Gary... ??!! heheh... i hope you won't hurt me girls if i say that i love the last pic the most... :D :lol:

thanks Elwood21!!!

Oooooh Lordy, fantastic piccies, thank yewwwwwww!!! What a nice treat before toddling off to work this am! :D

Forgive me if it's been linked before, but I haven't seen it on any of the pages.

Here is a link to pretty high quality videos of LTDB playing:
http://www.ltdanband.com/pages/gallery_video.html

And some MP3 audio files.
http://www.ltdanband.com/pages/gallery_audio.html

I've had the privilege of seeing the band three times so far out here in the LA area since 2005. I will admit that at first, Gary was the draw. However, by the second concert I made a point to talk with some of the band members because they had really impressed me with their abilities. They are a really great group of people and now, I attend the shows I can more for the fact that this is a good *band* and not just the GS show....

(Tho' Gary dancing on a table 8' from me at one concert and nibbling on Gina's neck at another *are* memorable highlights!)

Folks, if you ever get the chance to get into one of their public concerts...go. This is a fantastic group of musicians and vocalists. Mari Anne is a top Jazz vocalist. Gina has her own album (playing on my computer here at work right now) and is a great songwriter. Jeff has great range. Ben is an amazing keyboardist and participated in the Chicago Jazz Fest last year (haven't found an album for him yet). One of the highlights of any concert is one of the songs where Dan & Beth Gottlieb "fight it out" between them on percussion. Beth broke a stick the one night <g> (They also teach percussion all over the world.) Carol (who we saw on CSINY with her hubby Kimo), I could listen to her tenor sax all night...still working on getting her and Kimo's albums. Kimo is just as laid back if not more so than Gary on stage :) Ernie is a ham :) He'll set his guitar on the back of his neck and play it. Rounding out the group is Kirk, the trumpeter...you know he's there but dang, he seems to always be in the back corner hiding :) At the first concert I saw, Melanie Doane guested on violin. She plays a *wicked* "Devil Goes Down to Georgia." The audience was really wowed by that one. Then there's our real Gary. As much as we all adore Mac Taylor and other characters he has played...it is no character on stage. That guy on stage is Gary's inner 10yo rockstar having the time of his life. He's never still and he grins and laughs. Now, as for singing? He does...but the sound engineer has him leveled at somewhere near a 1-2 on the mixer ;) In other words, he's singing, but ya ain't gonna hear much of him :)

Overall I just can't say enough about this group of musicians. Simply that I can't wait for their next LA gig. Plus, you'll never know who you'll get to meet. I was fortunate to meet Capt. Dale Dye at one of the concerts. He is an actor, but more importantly, he's more known for his military knowledge. He's been the military adviser on so many of the top historical military movies of the past 20 years. He and Gary have been friends a long time and if I had to hazard a guess, he's the basis for Mac's USMC background as he served in Beirut in 82-83.

:sigh: Paper work is calling and phone is ringing. Folks, have a great weekend!

Moska

Thanks so much for those links!!! The videos are wounderful... I want one of CSINY t-shirts :lol:.Gary looks really cute when he's pointing at his t-shirt at the begining of Baba O'Riley!

Like Annie said the last pic is definatly the best!!:) But those first ones are really cute. :rolleyes:

Moska, thanks so much for the links, and also thanks for the first hand re-telling of your concert experiences! It sounds like you (and the band!) had a great time, I always enjoy hearing stories from folks who have seen them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back