Game: Brain Freezers

Correct, SpinLizard. Some people answer "3", but that would be for each team. The correct answer is "6".

Igor is 20 years old in 1980 but only 15 years old in 1985. How is this possible?

The only thing I can think of is B.C.E. (Before Common Era, aka BC:before Christ)... So Igor was 20 in 1980 BCE and since 1985 BCE is before 1980 BCE he was 15 in 1985 BCE...

Posted by SpinLizard:
BTW, for those of you on the metric system, water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit (or 0 degrees Celsius) You can use Tc = (5/9)*(Tf-32) to convert between the two... <sulks geekishly into a corner>

I just make guesses when I know a few basic temperatures.
36F=2C, -40C = -40F and 30C = 85F and that 32F = 0C

and SpinLizard couldn't reply to you since you are not accepting PMs :)

Posted by SpinLizard:
and SpinLizard couldn't reply to you since you are not accepting PMs

Ooopsie... :eek:

ah, no big deal... just thought I'll let you know that you don't think I'm so friggin' proud that I don't even bother to reply :p :lol.

SpinLizard is correct about the dates being B.C.

If a plane crashes on the border of the United States and Canada, where are the survivors buried?

ThisIsMe is correct again.

Captain Frank and some of the boys were exchanging old war stories. Art Bragg offered one about how his grandfather led a battalion against a German division during World War I. Through brilliant maneuvers he defeated them and captured valuable territory. After the battle he was presented with a sword bearing the inscription "To Captain Bragg for Bravery, Daring and Leadership. World War One. From the Men of Battalion 8." Captain Frank looked at Art and said, "You really don't expect anyone to believe that yarn, do you?" What's wrong with the story?

Back