Fringe

Daquien

Coroner
Fom Tv tome:

FBI agent Olivia Dunham is faced with a rapidly spreading unexplained phenomenon of the threatening kind. In an attempt to stop the spread, they enlist the assistance of Bishop's estranged father, the institutionalized scientist Dr. Walter Bishop.
Dawson's Creek's Joshua Jackson will play the lead role of Peter Bishop, a smart guy with many gambling debts. The Secret Life of Us's Anna Torv will play Olivia Dunham, a young, tough FBI agent who has to confront an unexplained phenomena. Also cast in the series are The Black Donnelly's Kirk Acevedo and Boston Legal's Mark Valley. They will play FBI agents. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King's John Noble and The Wire's Lance Reddick soon were added to the credits. Noble was cast as Dr. Walter Bishop and Reddick as Phillip Broyles, a special agent for Homeland Security head of the Fringe division, that investigates terrorist and paranormal events. Alongside them are veteran actress Blair Brown and Take the Lead actress Jasika Nicole. Brown will play Nina Sharp, a 16-year veteran of Prometheus Corp., a cutting-edge research facility, while Nicole got the role of Astrid, a federal assistant.
This highly anticipated sci-fi drama is created by Transformers /Star Trek/ Mission: Impossible III's J.J. Abrams, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. Fringe is directed by Emmy Award-winning Alex Graves ("The West Wing") and produced by Warner Bros. Television, Bad Robot Productions and Fringe Element Films.

Have you watched the pilot? I think the beginning looked promising with the plane accident and all but after a while it wasn't that great. Let's see how the rest of the episodes look.

What is it with Abrams and airplanes? First Lost and Fringe. He had better not mess with the Enterprise when his Star Trek movie comes out.

For those who might have missed the premiere of Fringe last night, it is scheduled to be replayed on Sunday night at 8:00 pm (Eastern) on your local Fox station. Check local listings for time and channel in your area. It is a two hour episode, so set VCR or Tivo accordingly.

Well, I thought the show was decent. There were a lot of funny lines in it. When Joshua's character was making comments in the background when the father was telling Olivia what had to be done to save John, I cracked up because it was like watching an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000. He was funny. Didn't like John being dirty though.

On the previews, when Peter said "friend of yours?" to his father about the jar of remains and the doc said, "I certainly hope not". :lol: That was funny.

I watched it last night and I liked it over all. I was shocked that her b/f ended up being a bad guy and died after everything she did to save him. I really didn't expect him to live because I see a thing between her and Joshua's character going somewhere.

My son kept getting annoyed since they had the same music as Lost and at first he thought it was weird how they kept putting signs up and going through them. Like Harvard University, but by the end he thought it was kewl!

I'll definately keep watching this show, if I remember when it's on.

What was w/ it not being a full 2 hours? Does anyone know what day and time it will be on regularly?

What was w/ it not being a full 2 hours? Does anyone know what day and time it will be on regularly?
The premiere had limited commercial interruption, usually one minute or 90 seconds per break instead of the usual two to three minutes. The rerun on Sunday will probably be the full two hours. The next episode is scheduled for Tuesday at 9:00 PM Eastern, following House at 8.

I checked out last week's episode, was a bit lost and the show's a bit weird but all in all I like it. I just downloaded the pilot and second episode from Itunes so I'll check them out.

I wasn't sure at first with this show either. But it seems to have a cross between feel of the X-files & Bones. I really like the wierd titling that happens when your given a new location.

Ok, so I've watched the first two episodes now along with the third one I watched out of order and now it makes so much more sense! :lol: I am really liking this show! I thought it looked pretty stupid when I saw the previews but it has me hooked. Infact, I'm more excited about it being on tomorrow than House (big House fan)! I really like the characters and the actors do a great job. It's weird seeing Joshua Jackson, I still feel like he's that little kid from The Mighty Ducks, lol! But I really enjoy him on here and his sense of humor, his interactions with his dad and Walter, he's a hoot!

I've watched every Fringe episode so far except this week's, I dvr'd it and will probably watch it tonight, since Thursday night is generally my least fave TV night :lol:

I really like it, so far. An updated version of "X-Files", sort of, but without any of the supernatural stuff, everything is technology gone awry - which is a compelling premise, especially nowadays, with technology taking away many jobs that were previously performed by humans in the past :rolleyes:

I like all of the lead characters/actors, so far. Joshua Jackson and the man who plays his dad Walter, in particular, are excellent. Walter let it slip that he "tinkered" with his son's dna before birth, that's probably where the off-the-charts IQ came from. I wonder if it will come back to haunt one or both of them?

From TV Guide online:

Fox Enjoys Fringe Benefits, Orders Full Season

Fans of Fringe can let out a collective sigh of relief: The suspense will continue and the mysteries just might get solved (maybe). Fox has ordered a full season of J.J. Abrams' freshman drama following a promising first few weeks, the network confirms to TVGuide.com.

Fringe's benefits to the net have been consistently good ratings since its 90-minute opener Sept. 9, with an average 10.7 million total viewers each week, landing it at the top of debut adult shows this fall.

Can someone please explain that box/machine thing in tonight's episode? I didn't understand it. They put an apple in it and then turned it on and pulled an apple out of it and then they go "it worked!". What worked? It was still an apple. :confused: I missed parts of the ep, so that may be part of my confusion, I dunno. It could just be because my head is all cloudy right now cause of my stupid cold/sinus/congestion.

Can someone please explain that box/machine thing in tonight's episode? I didn't understand it. They put an apple in it and then turned it on and pulled an apple out of it and then they go "it worked!". What worked? It was still an apple. :confused: I missed parts of the ep, so that may be part of my confusion, I dunno. It could just be because my head is all cloudy right now cause of my stupid cold/sinus/congestion.

I have no clue myself, don't get that!

I have no clue myself, don't get that!

Glad to know I wasn't the only one confused. :lol:

'Fringe' co-stars Anna Torv and Mark Valley wed
Feb 4, 11:09 AM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - Life imitates art at the Fox series "Fringe," where co-stars Anna Torv and Mark Valley have wed.

Torv's representative, Jen Turner, says the couple were married in a small, hush-hush ceremony in December after secretly dating for several months.

Torv, 29, plays FBI Special Agent Olivia Dunham on "Fringe." Valley, 44, played Dunham's partner and secret lover, agent John Scott, when the series began last fall. But their relationship took a mysterious turn when Scott was seemingly killed and exposed as Dunham's apparent betrayer.

Back