"Fracked" Discussion **SPOILERS**

A good episode, reminds me of the CSIM episode about the cattle company polluting the local waters, and us vs. them episode.

I don't see the hatred for Katee Sackhoff: she is one of the independent detectives, and rightfully has a swagger about her character, as does Brass, Just in a bit of a different tone.

I like the writing so far this year. Like CSIM, they backed off the serial killer angle (at least so far) and went back to their bread and butter: strange crimes that demanded innovative thinking. They never got into the BS "drug dealers vs. Miami" tone, so I give them credit.

Now...if we can just plllease stop the semi annual lab rat dork festivals....

What was great about this episode, besides all the regular cast members participating in this crime, and still amazes me, is the special effects and the incredible graphics. When Ray turned on that water spigot and it was on fire WOW :eek: how do they do that? amazing And the explosions, I wonder if any of the crew ever gets hurt? This department/crew rocks and is very impressive always:bolian:

Her hair is fantastic I love redheads, so there ya' go, I was talking about the way she interacted with the other team members and how she was portrayed.. repeats self. How about the other fans who said negative comments about her is that fine? Lets move on OK?
Since you have never seen her in anything else before, I can see where the hair wouldn't be an issue.
But, because I have seen her in other things, it is distracting. (Try picturing Ecklie with a toupee. :eek:) And for what reason? An attempt to distinguish her from Sophia, or even Riley? Maybe. Except for the Mary Sue flirting aspect of Sophia's character, they are similar in their portrayal of a typical tough female detective.
It's still early for Katee; and we don't know for sure if she is recurring (do we?). I'm willing to give Frankie a chance, but the writers need to give her more than good one liners for me to warm up to her. I liked Sophia much better after A Bullet Runs Through It.

Not my favorite episode, I was quite bored sometimes. And the end wasn't good. I sat there and thought: They can't stop here, they're not done.
After the last really good episode, this was one of the more boring ones.
But so far I like the new season

I didnt enjoy the 1st half of the episode but the 2nd half was really interesting. But it did remind me of the eppy "The Cross Dressing Carp"
It was a cool episode, not one of my favorites this year.

I like how Ecklie told Catherine "Your not Erin Brockevich"...
Marg Helgenberger was in that movie. Nice reference. :)

A good episode, but still one of my least favourites of the season (which says how good the season has been for me :)). I did watch it in a train station as I'd just missed my connection though, so I need to watch it again to get the full emotional impact of it.

I loved Det. Reed, she really grew on me in this ep and I hope we see more of her :)

Loved Archie too :D

Last edited:
I enjoyed this episode. I'd read some comments before watching and thought I was going to be bored to tears but I was pleasantly surprised.

-Loved the scene with Cath and Doc Robbins talking about the gift. That's two personal conversations they've had in the last month. It's nice to see Doc and Cath talking about things that are not work related.

-I think Nick and Frankie make a good team. They have good chemistry and work well together. Frankie's line about having point "so don't shoot me in the ass" was funny :lol:. I'm really enjoying having her on the team and I think she has fitted in quite nicely.

-Every time they said fracking it made me smile. Love BSG and it was cool when Ray said something about it being a sci-fi expletive :D.

-The scenes with Conrad were great. The Erin B. line towards Cath was quite funny and her saying "Conrad get us that warrant" was cool to watch.

-The explosion was unexpected so I liked it.

-The last scene with Ray and the reporter was touching :).

A slow paced episode but still with enjoyable moments. Gave it a B.

From the new TV Guide, issue Dec.6-12 from letters to the editor one reader asked!
Q
"On a recent CSI ep. "Fracked" they said sulfur water could help with acne. Is that real"?
name witheld.. from Statesville, N.C~
A Yes, says dermatologist and former Big Brother star Dr. Will Kirby, but it's not recommended:"sulfurous water is an old-fashioned treatment. Some medications still contain sulfur, but all things considered, there are much better, safer ways to treat acne"~

A small pic. of Marg accompanying letter~

Back