"For Gedda" Season Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 10, 2008.

1. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Yeah I had not thought of that but it is totally consistent with McKeen now.

It was only when I re-watched the finale that I realised the significance of McKeen's conversation with Brass - that the dead PI (Lenny was it?) who Warrick hired to stalk Gedda was a beat-cop with McKeen "back in the day".

I got that Prtchard was the mole (he was the univformed officeer who rang Gedda in Cockroaches) and I guess he worked for McKeen and Gedda.Gedda will undoubtably have had stuff on McKeen and maybe even "made him who he was".

But I was still unclear as to why McKeen had Prtchard kill Gedda? The framing Warrick is obvious advantage.

Did McKeen turn on Gedda because Gedda had his old buddy the PI Lenny killed?

Or did mcKeen not care about Lenny but realised Lenny had photos or taped conversation on McKeen's involvement with Gedda? And McKeen will have assumed the PI would have given stuff to Warrick? Or just wanted Warrick to stop pocking around in Gedda's affairs as he would be bound to find mcKeen's involvement?..............:confused::confused::confused:

Darn, need to watch it again!!!! No hard ship. One of their best.

Goes to show too that spoiler theories are so poor compared to the talent of those who make CSI.

:thumbsup: A round of applause is need for another brillant season ender!:thumbsup:

2. Ervserver

Ervserver Victim

I agree that he won't die, the one bullet went all the way through his neck, missing main arteries, the 2nd bullet hit in the shoulder area.

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'm sorry, but I don't get why so many of you think he won't die. He got shot twice in the neck and Gary is gone from the show. Why would they let him live? And if they do it's a bad idea, they need to let it go. I feel terrible for all you Warrick fans, if it was Nick I'd be going nuts. But the thing is that Gary has left CSI and if his character lives after that, well, call it a jumping the shark moment. Warrick has had many do-overs it seems. No offense to fans, I'm just trying to get this.

4. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I totally agree - it makes no dramatic sense to have Warrick live just so Gary and come back for the odd quest appearance!

They simply cannot have *another* CSI or Brass-near-death-but -just-pulls-through-in-the-end. I loved the charachter of warrick and and so well played by Gary - but no way they should "jump that shark".

PS the producers are obviously weary of Jump said shark given the quip from Brass to Grissom of that very phrase in Two & half Deaths.

5. jasjod

jasjod Dead on Arrival

My first feeling going into this episode that with Gary open to some episdoes in season 9 and then along with his demotion in this episode I thought that meant we'd see him once in a while maybe as a street cop or something to that effect. Watching the dinner scene and seeing Warrick walking to his car I got the feeling of a gay (no offense to anyone) 90210 leaving like Brandon had. Just driving off. Seeing Warrick shot my feeling is he will die, and only be seen once in season 9. Seeing as he is due in court May 28th they may have shot the start to season 9 already so they can actually have Gary be in the shot. I know courts and trials and such can take a while so it's possible when the actual shooting of season 9 starts he can be there, but they have to do something to actually allow Gary to be shown. That will be the only thing that dissapoints me aside from him actually surviving. Someone has to not make it. If he doesn't (and shouldn't) I think this is a great lead into season 9 and we should be able to see a different style CSI in season 9. One side of the undersheriff and his lifestyle, the team's and specifically Nick's mental state and another side of who killed Warrick? With Marg signing on for 2 more years the ideas that season 9 could be it seems a little far fetched, but if season 9 was to be it this could be a great final season and at the very least this episode makes a great lead into a very promising season 9 .

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Hey fans don't you all remember last season the ep. "Living Doll" and that pyscho Natalie kidnapped Sara, and pinned her underneath the car:scream:everyone was saying the same thing, she can't survive, trapped under a car, with the rain pouring in, stranded with out in the desert with no resources or anything to free her, yada-yada-yada:vulcan:, and then lo-and-behold in the "Dead "Doll" 1st ep. wa-lah, she escaped and did live, this is smiliar and reminiscent of that whole scenerio. TPTB, are good at doing these kind of 'what will happen' cliff-hangers, and they've also got 3 months to decide if he lives or dies, depending what he decides do as well:thumbsup: keep the faith, one never knows with those sneaky CSI writers!

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  7. flashofgenius

flashofgenius Victim

I don't think anyone hasn't considered how they could let Warrick survive. The point is, they shouldn't let him survive. I love Warrick. I love Gary Dourdan. I'd love to have seen an easy out that would allow for him to come back and allow it to make sense. The last five minutes of this episode don't make sense for that. Nick was buried alive and made it. Brass was shot and made it. Sara was kidnapped, crushed under a car, nearly drowned and then very nearly could have died in the desert, but she made it. Greg was nearly beaten to death but made it.

To have Warrick shot twice (once through the neck) but still make it defies all belief and would be a complete rip-off. I'm keeping the faith but I'm keeping the faith that TPTB finally do something that makes sense.

8. symaxwell

symaxwell Civilian

Does anyone know what song was playing on Warrick's radio when he got shot? Its been driving me crazy.

They are not going to keep him on the show. They killed him off because he couldn't come to an agreement with CBS on a new contract. Not sure if it had anything to do with his drug habits.

9. byline

byline CSI Level One

Huh? The waitress part was absolutely crucial to how the scene played out because that's why Warrick walked out alone, instead of with Nick. If Nick hadn't stayed behind to talk to her, then the undersheriff wouldn't have had the opportunity to do what he did. And, of course, I can only imagine how this is going to hit Nick, especially with all the "what if" questions.

10. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

tough...its a job, and he got fired. Celebs shouldn't get all this special treatment...they wouldn't have let him go over something small, besides they have to create good tv as well. Killing off characters is unexpected and creates good story lines.

yeah, i remember...i remember laughing at it. It was SO badly done and cheesy. They would just top this by having Warrick survive...

11. flashofgenius

flashofgenius Victim

I've been thinking about this and it kinda bothers me how much stock people are putting into the idea that if Nick hadn't stayed, the Undersheriff wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to kill Warrick. Warrick was parked in a deserted alley with no other vehicles around. Even if Nick had left with him, there would have been no reason for Nick to be in the alley with Warrick and the Undersheriff would have had the privacy he needed to get Warrick.

Honestly that whole scene has been bothering me because it was so contrived. Warrick went out the front door just like everyone else. Why was he parked in the alley when everyone else was obviously parked out front? Granted, the place was pretty crowded but it really doesn't explain why there weren't more cars in the alley if the front lot was out of spaces.

That said, it certainly won't stop Nick from feeling guilty.

12. flashofgenius

flashofgenius Victim

That was "Sunny" by Bobby Hebb.

Here is a YouTube video someone made for it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KjZaXn18kKY

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree, and found that a bit strange as well, after all he'd just went through this "frame-up" so you'd think he would have parked on a lighted street out front,:wtf: but if Nick had of walked him out to his car maybe McKeen would have shot him too:klingon:but that's those CSI writers for ya' keep the 'buzz' going as to the never ending WHY!

14. byline

byline CSI Level One

Unless Nick was parked nearby. The camera sees only what it sees, and we were only shown a tight shot of that alleyway, not the entire alley front or back; you're assuming that what we were shown was all there was to see. But if that were the case, then where was the sheriff? He didn't come out of nowhere, and I doubt that he walked all the way there, so his car is somewhere nearby, too. Nick's car could've been just a few yards behind Warrick's, but we didn't see it because the camera only showed us Warrick's car. The alley certainly was deserted, in terms of people, and that's why the undersheriff seized this opportunity.

I actually don't think that had Nick left with Warrick, the undersheriff never would've succeeded in killing Warrick. I just think he might have missed this particular opportunity because, for obvious reasons, he didn't want any witnesses, and having Nick anywhere nearby was something he wouldn't have risked. But I think sooner or later, he would've found an opportunity and used it. My reason for pointing out Nick staying behind to flirt with the waitress is that for Nick, this will be a source of terrible guilt because he'll forever be tormenting himself with the "if only I'd been there, I could've saved my friend" questions. It's clear to me that this was the intent of the writers, and they'll be exploring it next season.

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm also glad the writers had enough common sense to have the night shift removed from the case...too many other times they weren't.

I keep thinking about the first shot...The first one had to have shredded the tracheai f it didn't hit an artery or the spine; if Nick came out there and tried CPR I'm not sure how much good it would have done or if he would have needed an emergency tracheostomy. I think it was too far forward for spinal injury but lack of oxygen can cause brain injury. The other thing to remember is that it's not always easy to know looking at external holes what damage was done inside. he second one if it was shoulder could have messed up some arm arteries...of course it was hard for me to tell exactly where it went since it wasn't a clear look. I'm going by what someone else said.

Anyway they could well say he's in a coma or something and just mention him rather than showing him or I guess GD could guest star but somehow I still think he's dead. I do agree it'd kinda be a ripoff if he lived since then only Grissom would have not been badly injured and lived. It would definately be a chance of pace,something different if he died.