"For Gedda" Season Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 10, 2008.

1. jasjod

jasjod Dead on Arrival

Except for that fact that he is dead or will die, on a preview for 48 Hrs Mystery last night a lady was shot through the neck and she said she felt it enter and go through, and appeared to be normal so a through and through in the neck can be survived without any problems. For the sake of the show he should die though.

2. byline

byline CSI Level One

I don't think so. After the first shot, Warrick is still alive, swaying, and his hand goes up to his ear or neck (hard to tell from the angle). After the second shot, viewed this time from the front of the car, we see him bounce back, no hand up, and then slump over. Different body movement.

Also -- and this isn't an original thought of mine; someone else posted it on another board -- the first shot shatters the glass in the driver's side window. In the second shot, you don't see the glass shattering, so the obviously the window is gone, blown out from the first shot.

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  3. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Gary was fired from the show. His character is dead. That is all.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Cite your source, is this piece of info, from Gary, CBS, or TPTB?:confused:

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well it has been said that Gary was let go from the show, that is fact, but his character's outcome is still to be determined, but I have a feeling he will die.

6. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

It was widely reported in the news. There was a story in our newspaper.

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

dude, he is a fictional character...jeeze, i wanted him to be killed off cause it will create some good storylines, and they can bring in some fresh meat to mix things up.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Ausiello and Watch with Kirsten(?) also reported this.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Ausiello:lol: he also stated that Sara was dead, before "Dead Doll " aired and is mostly unreliable, and these other "folks" are not CBS nor CSI writers, when Carol Mendolsohn or Naren Shanker or David Rambo etc. states that "this is it" for Warrick then I will believe it:wtf:

10. valishh

valishh Civilian

Thought this might be of interest.. was looking for something else and I was reading the CSI Wikiedia which has just recently changed...
    It now lists Warrick as Past Main Characters and I Quote " As a result, in the Season 8 finale, the undersheriff shoots Warrick in the neck and chest while he is sitting in his car, and then leaves him to die from his wounds. So far, Warrick is among three main cast characters to be killed off the franchise. (The first being Tim Speedle of CSI: Miami and the second being Aiden Burn of CSI: NY). " Unquote.

Also.. I want to say that I didn't watch his final episode until this evening and I was to say that I thought it was horrific. By that I mean, I was speechless... I knew it was coming yes, but with the music and the scene with the team just before it. I know the show can be graphic and don't get me wrong I am a collector of horror movies... I go to horror conventions, but this was so heartbreaking. I just said out loud... quite loudly... That was sooo horrifying. I didn't want to see him go like that. It was terrible.

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Is that edited by the officials, the CBS folks? Just curious.

I did have a thought that if they want any sort of flashbacks or anything later on with Gary they could hypothetically have shot a few extra scenes now...shows do that sometimes.

12. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

Wiki's are just fan websites, that can be openly edited - just like wikipedia. So basically they are probably the worst place for information, cos anyone could put anything up if they so wish!

Re filming extra scenes. Wasn't there a suggestion they where going to start filming early season 9 episodes after finishing S8 - to allow the cast and crew to have more time off during the summer months? If so, it's possible that Gary Dourdan will be in the season 9 opener at least. They could already have filmed scenes from the crime-scene and hospital.

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah I heard they were starting filming season 9 mostly due to the possibility of the upcoming SAG strike. They wanted to have some episodes done incase the strike happens and then they have nothing to start the fall season with, so it is possible Gary could be in the season opener, I guess.

14. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Thought Warrick is a great character, I do agree. There are endless possibilities to how to follow through on the story line going into season 9. It's a boost I feel the show needs. I mean, I watch it regardless, but it's exciting to think how this can all play out...

15. Miss Kris

Miss Kris Victim

I like Warrick, that's too bad he won't be in the show anymore. Oh well, as long as they still have Nick :D haha.