Flack/Monroe #2 - It's a Block Party Thing!

we haven't seen much emotion from flack, but from what i can tell of his character, he's probably pretty guarded with his emotions. he was not happy with the whole situation with moran, and he did handle it professionally, but he still didn't like it.

this was a person he saw as a father figure, and he did what was, in flack's mind, the unthinkable.

so, in that sense, i think if lindsay were to find out any details about this, it probably wouldn't come from flack. maybe from danny or mac, but not from don. she may confront him about it, but i don't think he'll be very forthcoming.

...but that's just my opinion.

It's true that on the show we don't see much emotion from Flack. I was sort of disappointed when there was little to no reaction from Don in "Heroes" to the news of Aiden's untimely demise. I was expecting more, especially considering how close they were getting to a relationship towards the end of S1. I mean, c'mon. That was obvious. The writers were hinting at something.

But, you know, maybe since Flack was going to be the focus of the finale they didn't want to make him an emotional wreck, and besides, we all know that Danny is the whiny one of the crew. XD;

But I think that, if around the right person and under different circumstances, Don might let down his guards and be sort of emotional. Not like Danny but, you know. He'll let his heart out of his chest.

oh, i definitely agree. i just think he may not be so willing to just let it all out the second lindsay brings it up. it'll take some poking and prodding on her part.

i really hope they give some continuity to "The Fall" this season. i'm really hoping they do a lot of flack-tastic things this season. there was next to none in the last one.

I actually have a break from my internet silence for a few hours maybe.
I agree that I don't think she would find out from Don himself unless it comes up again. Either is she had a similar experience or if Danny shot off his mouth about it. And I agree with you ILRR if she find out some she would try to get more of the story from Don himself. And it was weird that Flack didn't seem to be a little more emotional about Aiden's death. And like the rest of you I do hope we get a lot more Flack and of course Flack & Lindsay. ;)

I hope to be able to check in one more time before the beginning of next week but if not. I'll catch you later. ;)

What about Lindsay would she upen up easily to Flack about her past? (other than her big dark secret) She seemed to be very emotional about what happened to Stella during the re-run of All Access last night. Almost like she had a similar experience once or knew someone who did. Was just thinking. ;)

but lindsay seems to be more likely to talk than flack does. flack is your typical tough guy, while lindsay, being a woman, is naturally more emotional and easier to get to talk about her feelings. flack isn't necessarily so out there with how he feels.

While yes she would talk more than Flack. I don't think she will just start talking about her past. Only after Danny said that she hadn't seen a lot of blood like that in 'Manhattan Manhunt'. Did she tell him yes she had. It seem unless Danny says she hasn't done or seen something does she say something. I just wonder how Flack would get her to talk. Since both are not usually the type to open up right away. ;)

iluvroadrunner said:
but lindsay seems to be more likely to talk than flack does. flack is your typical tough guy, while lindsay, being a woman, is naturally more emotional and easier to get to talk about her feelings. flack isn't necessarily so out there with how he feels.

*is going to regret this later* I completely agree with you. You've got great points in that.

I do think most women will always talk before a man will. But Lindsay is different. I don't think she would just spill her guts anytime you asked her something. Flack wouldn't show his emotions but who says he can't talk to Lindsay once in awhile about things. He could be the tough outside and a small soft spot on the inside just for Lindsay. ;)

Do you like my icon? Voldemort humor is one of my favorite things in the world.

And okay, I promise promise promise that today, I will finally post the Flack/Lindsay fanmix in my LJ, although the entry WILL be friends only, so if you haven't friended my LJ (myherodrowning) you should do that and drop a comment on one of the public entries so I know to friend you back.

As for Lindsay opening up, I think generally she's a private person. She only told Danny about the crime scene back in Montana with a lot more blood because I think she was pissed Mac didn't let her work the field in 'Manhattan Manhunt.' But I think once she and Flack got closer, they'd open up to each other. Maybe over drinks or something. Not right away, but gradually and in little pieces of information here and there.

^Agrees. I think they'll be able to open up to each other a bit more, as they get closer :D and I love your icon.

^^Aww soft spot just for Linds :)

^^^Yeah yeah yeah. Remember that doesn't happen much :p

I don't see Linds really opening up, unless she was prompted to do so. I think Don could show his vulnerable side by getting Lindsay to open up---I agree with CSIWatcher8---he would have a soft spot for Linds. :)

I do think your (screamingpoet) icon is funny. Never seen a Voldemort icon around here before. And I agree on the gradually thing. I'm glad we got to learn a little more about Lindsay during that episode but wish it wasn't by spitting at Danny just to get him to shut up about it. That's the second time he has under-estimated her. I don't believe for a moment that Flack would do that. ;) (as I piggy back on someone else's wi-fi to make this post. I know I'm bad.)

I don't think Lindsay was trying to get Danny to shut up about it -- in that scene, he was actually trying to make her feel better about the whole thing, saying that Mac must have a reason and probably didn't want her seeing that much blood at a crime scene. Lindsay then replied with her now-infamous "I've seen a lot worse than that."

I am a HUGE Harry Potter geek. I make butterbeer and go to midnight release parties. I read little extra books JKR writes for the series, like Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them and Quidditch Through The Ages. I also had a birthday party for Harry. Mentioning our wizard friend, I'm very partial to the band Harry and the Potters. You should give them a listen sometime.

...end monologue here.

I think it would be part of Flack's nature to never underestimate someone he cares about dearly. He strikes me as a most loyal companion.

Back