Flack #9: An Officer and a Gentleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the Flack madness dana :D

Flack does get a lot of really good lines in the show. They never fail to make me laugh at some point! Even lines that aren't necessarily funny in and of themselves, he makes them sound like they are.
I think the writers need to give Flack more hilarious things to say. :)

it still cracks me up on Flack's reaction to the party leftovers in the crime scene in "Forbidden Fruit" ~ "This is so wrong!" Cod Liver oil as a chaser? man, that was one heck of a party :rommie:!

man, he really hates rich kids. especially if they're that ridiculous. he's very much concerned about kids having bright futures and not f****** around with their life. volunteering for YMCA kids really bring out the best in him. obvious, no?

Last edited:
Is it just me or was Angell a bit rude to Flack while he was under investigation. Ok, so their dating is supposed to be kept quiet but was that the best time for her to bring that up and whine about it to him? The poor guy is going through all that crap and that's what she's worried about? Not the best gf to have, she should be worried about him and understanding not complaining how her word doesn't mean squat now. Poor Flack!

I think that she brought it up because she wanted to keep their jobs safe or something like that. But she was nice enough to accept Flack's answer, give a little smile and walk off. I personally think it was really nice of her.

oooh, nice avvie! looks like i'll be setting a trend here :drool:.

you're right about that. as much as i adore Angell, she never should have made that approach. she could have consoled instead about Flack's suspension from handling the case while in the station. she knows his job is his life.

yeah, Flack thanks his stars for saving his ass all the time ^_^ V

Last edited:
Hey ladies!! Haven't been in here in quite a while, (okay, make that almost two months). Been too busy with work and all. Kay dragged me back in here because of the Eddie Cahill interview. :lol: I love what he said about Flack. So what do you ladies think?

BTW, welcome, dana, to our crazy little corner. I know

Hey ladies!! Haven't been in here in quite a while, (okay, make that almost two months). Been too busy with work and all. Kay dragged me back in here because of the Eddie Cahill interview. :lol: I love what he said about Flack. So what do you ladies think?

BTW, welcome, dana, to our crazy little corner. I know
Hey, friend, that is very good interview, love he.
And, I approval, man i true is such lovely and great, Sooooo, new art :
http://www.my2cool.com/albums/2009/02/10/20090210120139BB8c.jpg

Is it just me or was Angell a bit rude to Flack while he was under investigation. Ok, so their dating is supposed to be kept quiet but was that the best time for her to bring that up and whine about it to him? The poor guy is going through all that crap and that's what she's worried about? Not the best gf to have, she should be worried about him and understanding not complaining how her word doesn't mean squat now. Poor Flack!
I was thinking the same thing. I wish she had been a little more supportive.
He and Stella had a nice moment, she hugged him and a smooch. Mac stuck up for him too. I think she could've had his back a little more, g/f or not , the team should stick together.

He and Stella had a nice moment, she hugged him and a smooch. Mac stuck up for him too. I think she could've had his back a little more, g/f or not , the team should stick together.

Exactly, look how great Stella was to him? Angell wasn't acting like a good gf. If that was my significant other we would have had a huge fight, I mean how do you act like that when one of you is in trouble?!

Did you read what Eddie said about that in the interview on the main page? He gave his take on both the Angell moment and the Mac & Stella showing support thing. I thought it was interesting and what he said certainly made sense. As I said before, I could see the idea of support when I tried to look at it that way - IMO it could have been made a bit clearer with the addition of a bit more dialogue etc, but that's not up to me!

And while my personal view is that A/F relationship hasn't been handled all that differently than the D/L stuff by TPTB, I'm well aware that perception and my initial reaction to the Angell moment is all down to my personal preference as an anti-shipper :lol:

I thought it was a great interview actually. I really like that Eddie's obviously given a lot of thought to Flack's character and the sort of guy he is; all his answers were detailed. Possibly that sounds stupid, but I think often actors don't bother scratching the surface of their characters and try to understand them. It's nice to see someone who does make the effort.

The only thing that concerned me was there doesn't seem to be a real plan for bringing Sam back and exploring that dynamic more. I'd like to know more about Flack's family now that it's been brought to the front.

I agree. There is obviously a lot of thought on his part into Flack- which makes reading any interview more interesting :)lol:) and makes him a better actor, I think. Like he was saying about how he's comfortable with Flack and he's not fearful of making "mistakes" with the character.
I also like the description of Flack as being an "arm's length away" type of guy. That is exactly what he is, IMO. I totally see that.
I'm also excited for Flack to speak "Irish"! -> "Does that even sound like a language?" :lol:

I can't wait for Flack to speak Irish. I'm also interested to see if his dad shows up in the future...Eddie mentioned that he'd like to see Brian Dennehy in the role. That would be cool, that man is quite an actor.

I can't wait for Flack to speak Irish. I'm also interested to see if his dad shows up in the future...Eddie mentioned that he'd like to see Brian Dennehy in the role. That would be cool, that man is quite an actor.

I agree, Brian Dennehy would be great and completely believable as Don Flack Sr. I hope one day we get to see that. And I really hope they bring Sam back cause they left it hanging.

I think that she brought it up because she wanted to keep their jobs safe or something like that. But she was nice enough to accept Flack's answer, give a little smile and walk off. I personally think it was really nice of her.
I think that too, plus I think she was concerned that IAB wouldn't believe her when she said Flack didn't do anything wrong. They'd think she was just covering for her boyfriend. Plus, I think she was a little shocked about the IA guy bringing up her personal life in the first place.

I loved the interview with Eddie. It's great so see how much he cares for his character. I agree with him, I wanna see Poppa Flack and I think Brian Dennehey would be perfect.

Flack, ag caint as Gaeilge, an bhfuil to ag magadh? Is maith liom é ach, ag caint as Gaeilge, ffs like, ceapaim go mbeidh sé uasafach ach an-greannmhar. :lol::lol:

..Good luck.

^ Well, I know you're talking about Flack...
At least I think you are :lol:

I think that too, plus I think she was concerned that IAB wouldn't believe her when she said Flack didn't do anything wrong. They'd think she was just covering for her boyfriend. Plus, I think she was a little shocked about the IA guy bringing up her personal life in the first place.

Yeah, I think that she was just worried about the possbily of their relationship damaging Flack's credability in any way. All of the head honchos might be worried about whether they could believe anything she said or not because they were romantically involved.

What can i say? This is Flack's season after all. Besides, it's about time the spotlight's on him now.

As for Flack, Sr. it'll be awesome if they'll finally get Brian Dennehy. He's one of my fave actors and can really pull a mean Irish-American attitude in the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back