Flack # 7 - Everybody Loves A Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I went home and did this! :rolleyes: :lol: Try pages 21-22 in the paperback edition and see what you think. To me it reads that he's talking about a chest wound and there are further examples later in the book that I'm really not going to look for that again make me think he's thinking Flack's main injury was to his chest, not his abdomen. :rolleyes:

I bought the book, haven't quite started reading it, but it sads me to hear that they would make such a mistake.
Thank you for posting those heart-wrenching pictures of his injuries. I watched Charge of this post the other day with my cousin, and nearly cried through the entire thing. Even though I knew what was going to happen!

The thing is though, it was said on the actual episode that the debris was taken from Flack's chest. My guess is that the author was given either a transcript or a summary of the ep that included those quotes. If TPTB in the actual episode can't get it right, how is it any worse when the author does it?

The debris could have entered his abdomen and ended up in his chest since the force of the explosion threw him backwards and the debris could have gone in at an angle. So that could have lead to the misunderstanding, I suppose...

true. although it does say much for tptb, it does give the author a bit of an excuse.
Anyways, Flack got pretty beaten up in that episode, so it wouldn't surprise me if he sustained injuries to every part of his body, so we'll give them a bit of a break about it.

ka990 said:
I can't believe I went home and did this! :rolleyes: :lol: Try pages 21-22 in the paperback edition and see what you think. To me it reads that he's talking about a chest wound and there are further examples later in the book that I'm really not going to look for that again make me think he's thinking Flack's main injury was to his chest, not his abdomen. :rolleyes:

I've reached past that part of the book already. He was definitely referring to a chest injury and not one to the abdomen. The author also keeps referring to Dr. Sid Hammerback as Dr. Sid Hammerbeck. Ugh! It's so annoying! :rolleyes:

mandy9578 said:
ka990 said:

I've reached past that part of the book already. He was definitely referring to a chest injury and not one to the abdomen. The author also keeps referring to Dr. Sid Hammerback as Dr. Sid Hammerbeck. Ugh! It's so annoying! :rolleyes:

To say it's supposedly based on the show I really think the author should have spent some time actually, you know, watching it!! :mad:

ka990 said:
To say it's supposedly based on the show I really think the author should have spent some time actually, you know, watching it!! :mad:

I'll put it down to artistic license, and the fact that the author's probably write a number of different books at the same time. Apart from the error over Flack's injuries, how was the rest of the book? :p

You may be interested to know that the next NY book isn't being written by the same author. And the new author's favourite character is Don Flack. :cool: More information in this thread in Merchandise. ;)

Oooh, sweet! :D It'll be nice to change up authors for the next NY book.

*clicks on thread*

KRAD is writing it?!?!?! :D :D :D Sweet!!!! I've read several of the Andromeda novels by KRAD--that's Keith R.A. DeCandido--and he's great. This is excellent. :D

And *cough* I don't think you'll be seeing any inaccuracies in a book written by KRAD... ;)

Cool that his fav is Flack! :D

I was watching Crime and Misdemeanor last night and I was shocked at how little screen time Flack got. I also noticed how much he's matured since Season 1. His voice has definitely matured.

Elsie said:
ka990 said:

I'll put it down to artistic license, and the fact that the author's probably write a number of different books at the same time. Apart from the error over Flack's injuries, how was the rest of the book? :p

I've not actually read it yet! :lol: It's on my never-ending list of things-I-will-get-round-to-one-of-these-days but from the little bits/pages I've read so far it looks ok - I think the reason I've not read it yet is the inaccuracies over Flack's injuries - that kinda put me off. :rolleyes:

1CSIMfan said:
I was watching Crime and Misdemeanor last night and I was shocked at how little screen time Flack got. I also noticed how much he's matured since Season 1. His voice has definitely matured.

Funny--I guess more than his hair changed! I will have to go back and watch one of the season one eps (it's been a while). It's cool that he's getting more screentime now. I love the character.

His character is really different than the others. He can take things seriously but always with a bit of humour and wit. He really works hard for justice, but we also see him having a good time with the CSIs when ever he can (like at the end of Heroes). And we still don't know very much about his past except that he's pretty much always lived in his daddy's shadow. I wish they'd play more on that. He's got such a great character that we need to see more of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back