"Field Mice" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Oh, come one now guys. It's supposed to be weird and zany. It was a lab rat episode written by Wally and Liz after all. What did you expect? Surely I'm not the only one who really liked it.

Weird and zany, I get. This ep, I did not. :) I loved "Lab Rats" and loved "You Kill Me" even more than that! Maybe this would have been better without the Jr. CSIs.

And see...I liked the one part you didn't like...the Wedges. :D

Wendy has been hanging around Hodges way too much. Who knew she could be so evil?! :lol: I loved the extra screen time that Liz got. I just wish it would be screen time with the other regulars and not extra guest stars.

The war against Henry became annoying and reminded me of the Hodges war against Bobby D in one of the previous lab rats episodes. However, it was cute to find out that it was Wendy doing it & not Hodges.

And Cath being sternly bossy at the end was cute! You can tell she's had lots of practice with mischievous kids! :guffaw:

I kept seeing Katy as a mini-Lindsay from CSI:NY instead of a Cath clone.

Brass brought the hilarious back again! So cute.

This episode was obviously not written to be a strong episode, just a humorous, ridiculous, Wedges-centered piece. If you don't like, try not to complain too much, these only come once a year and some of us were dying for a kiss between these two. ;) It was confusing, but that was only half the fun! Unless, of course, I'm so super weird that humans don't like confusing things... but whatever. :D

Weird and zany, I get. This ep, I did not. :) I loved "Lab Rats" and loved "You Kill Me" even more than that! Maybe this would have been better without the Jr. CSIs.

Well, I will agree about the Jr. CSIs. They kind of annoyed me. But did you catch the Warrick/Catherine nod? When Cath Jr. tripped and Warrick Jr. caught her and they had a moment? It was a repeat of the scene from "Down The Drain".

Wendy has been hanging around Hodges way too much. Who knew she could be so evil?!
Oh good, I'm not the only one who thought that. :lol:

I kept seeing Katy as a mini-Lindsay from CSI:NY instead of a Cath clone.
See, I had a hard time seeing any of the three as CSI clones, although I can see mini-NY-Lindsay. I'm actually wondering if the names were the extent of the joke.

But did you catch the Warrick/Catherine nod? When Cath Jr. tripped and Warrick Jr. caught her and they had a moment? It was a repeat of the scene from "Down The Drain".
Yeah, that was a blatant nod. But still kind of cute. Depending on whether I'm approving of that scene today or not. *g*

PraetorCorvinus said:
But did you catch the Warrick/Catherine nod? When Cath Jr. tripped and Warrick Jr. caught her and they had a moment? It was a repeat of the scene from "Down The Drain".
That's something I'd never be able to ignore. Really bittersweet moment for Yo!Bling shippers, an old moment of past. :)

PianoWizzy said:
I'm SURE, that this episode will be hilarious. I will not miss it despite the fact that I go back to school on Friday after three weeks of spring break :guffaw:
Hey, I was right on both counts! Score! :lol:

I was able to watch the first few scenes of the episode before the credits. It felt so different and confusing. It's like "You Kill Me" which I didn't like. So I decided to do something else and watch it later.

I tuned in when the preview for next episode was on. The next episode looks tragic and scary.

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty boring. :( Kept hitting mute. I'm not a big fan of any of the labrat episodes, I watch CSI for the CSI's not the labrats. I think the main problem with this ep (as apposed to the other labrat episodes) was that they just seemed to shove in scenes from Nick & Greg's case at odd points.

Did think all the pranks Wendy was doing on Henry were funny. Thought it was even better that everybody had it figured as Hodges doing them. :lol: (sorry - not a Hodges fan here.)

Did like the callout to Appendicitement and the little reference to last week. They don't usually remember things from one week to the next (let alone from earlier in the season).

I think that they just tried too hard for the comedy that it just didn't feel like a CSI episode.

Susan

Well, I will agree about the Jr. CSIs. They kind of annoyed me. But did you catch the Warrick/Catherine nod? When Cath Jr. tripped and Warrick Jr. caught her and they had a moment? It was a repeat of the scene from "Down The Drain".

Oh yeah...that was cute. But I didn't much care for "Jr. Warrick" lying bloody on the floor. :( Why did they feel the need to use a Jr. Warrick when he's been gone for so long?

I think that they just tried too hard for the comedy that it just didn't feel like a CSI episode.
See, I think that's why I generally forgive the Lab Rat episodes for insanity problems. I feel like they're on a completely different plane of CSI episode, in that they're not really CSI episodes at all.

Kept hitting mute.
Although I will cop to doing that, during drunk!Brass and every time Henry tried to hit on Wendy.

Did think all the pranks Wendy was doing on Henry were funny. Thought it was even better that everybody had it figured as Hodges doing them.
I actually thought that he was the guilty party at first. As soon as Wendy walked into his lab I knew that he was innocent. :lol:

I think the main problem with this ep (as apposed to the other labrat episodes) was that they just seemed to shove in scenes from Nick & Greg's case at odd points.

Nick & Greg actually had a real case? Guess I snoozed through that part. :rolleyes:

Really good episode! Very funny. Love the chemistry between Hodges and Wendy. Liked the use of the crime explorers as child reps of the original cast. Locker scene and opening scene with Hodges and Wendy were hilarious. Excellent writing!

My favorite parts of this ep were the poor Henry scenes. :lol: He was so funny with all that was happening to him. I loved his threat to Hodges about knowing all the things toxicology wise that could harm him. :lol:

I do love that Hodges loves to portray Brass in a bad light all the time. The one time he was beating up suspects, this time he was a drunk. I loved it when the Katy came up to him and said she was glad he was doing better and the look he gave Hodges. :lol:

I prefered the B story over the main one. The puking cops was a bit gross but funny. And it was nice to see Greg in the lab with specimens...reminded me of his lab rat days.

Doc on the cats website...another funny moment.

The kiss was awkward and actually a bit of an eww moment to me. And I do not mind Wedges but the kiss did not right.

Doc's cat website... :lol: ...meddlingcats.com...if you put in that address, it goes to the CBS CSI website. :lol:

Back