Favorite CSI Character and What If They Left?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Smokey, Jan 31, 2009.

1. CSIismytruelove

CSIismytruelove Civilian

hmm.. this is a tough one.
    I would have to say CSI:New York is my all time favorite.. but I love them all. I'm pretty sure I've seen almost every episode. I tend to get myself in trouble a lot by watching CSI instead of doing my homework. I honestly don't think I could ever really stop watching CSI. Every character has their own role which is very important. My favorite character is MAC TAYLOR!! of course. I love Gary Sinise not only for his CSI character but also from many of his movies. If Mac left, it just wouldn't be the same.. but then again, when any of them leave it's never the same. However, the replacement usually does a pretty good job. No it's not the same, but they take on the role and add something new and different to the crew. Like I said before, I don't think I could ever stop watching CSI, but I'ma keep my fingers crossed and HOPE Mr. Gary Sinise NEVER leaves CSI!!! :)

2. Karmenski

Karmenski Civilian

I love CSI and I love the concept of CSI and one of the reasons that I love it so much is for the science but the most important reason is the Grissom character. He makes the show interesting and brings it alive. I nod my head for the rest of the characters because they are contributing to the magic of the show but Grissom is the backbone and the way Mr. Petersen portrays Grissom is the real reason why I enjoy CSI so much. I am in doubt whether I will continue to watch it if Grissom leaves - it just won't be the same anymore. He is the passion of CSI. Thank you Mr. Petersen for giving us Gil Grissom and thank you Gil Grissom for giving us so many years of wonderful cases and interesting stories. I think I can safely say that I will miss you and my Saturday evenings will not be the same.

3. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

My favorite on Miami is Calleigh. I might continue watching if she left, it depends on why she leaves.

My favorite on NY is a tie between Danny and Stella. I would continue watching if either of them left.

My favorite on CSI was Sara, she left and I am still watching. My new favorite is Riley. If she left I would continue watching.

4. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Although Vegas has gone through major casting changes (at least Nick, Catherine & Greg are still there) I've been watching it anyway so I think I would probably do the same for the others - but I'm not sure.

5. Catu

Catu Police Officer

hey, im new here!!! I watch the 3 shows but for me CSI NY is the best!!!
    love flack-danny-stella the chemistry between them is unique!!!

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well, I'd be the first to admit I don't know if I would watch the show without Nick. He's the heart of the show. Grissom was the brain, but Nick was and still is the heart.

He became my favourite around season five. He was sort of second to Grissom, but then the bugman's ill treatment of Nick actually caused me to like the Texan, so now Nick rules the show in my eyes.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I only watch CSI/VEGAS, and Billy Petersen/Grissom, the loss is overwhelming and heartbreaking, I just hope he comes back on ocassion for a guest spot:p he was the "eyes and ears of CSI, and all roads lead to him", He was the heart of this series, and his cast mates all call him THE KING and he's left the building, and shows do survive without certain characters, but it's not the same as when they were still there, as it first started~

8. FlackDonFlack

FlackDonFlack Victim

Warrick was my favorite on LV and I am still in mourning, but I still watch it.
    I liked Speed on Miami and I stopped watching when he died.
    I wish they would stop giving all my faves the axe. I'm almost afraid to admit I have a favorite NY character, as if my screen name doesn't give me away. Maybe I'm bad luck...:confused:

9. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Miami: All of my favorite characters have been either gone or AWOL this season. By far, Rick Stetler is my favorite. Alexx is my second, and Yelina is third. The Rick/Horatio love/hate relationship added a dimension to the show that has been missing this year. I really haven't watched S7, not so much because of Rick and Yelina's absences, but because the show just isn't what it was.

NY: I'd have to say Mack and Flackie. And hey, if they can keep the show interesting, I'll still watch.

Vegas: Nick and Greggo. I do miss the Nick/Warrick banter. But they've done a great job of keeping the show interesting. I'm taking a liking to Dr. Langston. They didn't try to make him another Grissom. Greggo is still pretty good, and I guess he had to mature, but I still like him.

10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I only watch the original CSI. If Marg left the show, I'd probably tune in a bit to see Wendy, Greg, Riley, Brass & Doc Robbins, but I wouldn't be upset if I missed an episode.

It would be the same as it was for NYPD Blue - when Kim Delaney (Diane Russell) left the show, I tuned in sometimes to see what the other characters were up to, but I didn't watch faithfully each week as I did when she was on the show.

I actually watched the first few episodes of CSI:Miami when Kim Delaney was on, but quit watching after she left.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Hard question - My fave character is Greg (original flavor CSI). He is what kept me watching while the GSR story line had me feeling a bit disgusted with the show. So I honestly don't know If I'd continue to watch if he left, it would depend on how he left. If TPTB disgraced his character or killed him I think I'd stop watching. Other than that I would try and keep watching because CSI is a great show, with great writing. But it would not be as big a priority and I don't think I'd enjoy it as much.

12. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well CSI I originally watched just for the show but then I became a Greg fan. Now I agree with your assessment on the show if he left. I already get easily annoyed when he is hardly on an episode. But as long as nothing is opposite the show, if he left, I would still probably watch it, but just not with as much interest.

As for Miami, I already watch it loosely. I like Eric a lot, mostly because I am a fan of Adam from back in his Roswell days. Bu the show lately just does not hold my interest as much.

13. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

My fav character ever is Calleigh, IDK, but if she left the show I would watch it anyways, but it wouldn't be the same show for me, I think I wouldn't be so addicted to it, for example, for me in Smoke Gets On Your CSI's, when Calleigh was in the hospital, the case that the team was investigating was... Boring is not the write word... It wasn' the same... I think Calleigh gives light to Miami!
    But that's only my opinion ;)

14. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Nick Stokes is the man. Full stop. I loved him the first time around, and now that I'm into it again, I just love him more. He's amazing, and not just cause he's hot...seriously, could he be any more adorable? Or wonderful? I don't think so. :adore:

Well, he's been my fave from the start, but I totally agree with this. His heart is so big and generous, and he's such a solid, dependable character (sure, some people find that boring, but to me he's pretty close to perfect) and the show would lose a lot of that grounding if he left. He brings it, every time and that is just one of his many strengths.

That said, I don't think I'd stop watching for that reason. But the show would have to crank it up to keep my interest, cause Nick is a huge draw for me. Otoh, I love Greg and Cath too, and Doc Robbins...and SuperDave and Wendy and Archie, and...yeah, I wouldn't stop watching. But my heart would break. No Nick would make Aquila a sad, sad puppy.

15. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

for CSI i always said that if either Nick or Sara left i would keep watching it b/c i like both of the individual characters and just as long as one of them was still on i'd continue to tune in. well Sara left and i haven't watched it since (actually i haven't watched CSI regularly since i heard that Jorja Fox wanted to leave).

Aiden was my fave CSI:NY but i still watch that show like a mad woman. i like the whole cast so i'd probably stay tuned if Danny, Lindsay, and Flack left. it would be weird but i'd watch.

i don't watch Miami all the time. i basically tune in for Calleigh here and there so if she left i wouldn't even turn it on anymore.