Fan Video Discussion

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, Mar 21, 2008.

1. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Re: Fan Video Challenges

Faylinn - sounds good to me...5 days is plenty of time to get enteries in!! I have a lot of the clips I just probably will edit them a couple of times before getting it in!!

Everything you said makes sense! I can't wait to get started when you finally have this set up!

Also Allmaple - yes we'd better start off without catergories see how many people are interested and then you guys can think about catergories..

2 days to votes - thats cool too!

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I've been away and only just seen this but i'd be interessed ;)

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm really glad we've got people interested in this--I hope it'll be fun for everyone. :) allmaple and I are ironing out a few details and we'll get things started asap--if you have questions/ideas/etc, you can keep posting them in here, though. :)

I also agree about keeping things in one big group right now, rather than splitting into beginner and advanced categories--as long as everybody votes fairly and gives great feedback and advice, this should work out well to start with. :D

4. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Wow! If you do this count me in! This sounds great.

I have a couple of questions and ideas:

About the whole yt thing, Why not just create a separate account? I mean after votings over you can edit the video info on the side and link to the makers yt account you know 'For more videos by maker go to...' Just a suggestion :)

Another thing, clips. I only have NY clips on my computer and I'm sure others are in the same situation, will it be choose one show for your video?

One more thing-How will you theme it? Like will you give a song and we have to make a video with it?

There also might be some unfairness with programs, meaning the peeps with Vegas have an advantage over us mizers with movie maker. The effects are much better, so maybe put restrictions on things (like effects) if we're all in one big group. Is that too whiny?

And don't allow shippy vids. That will encourage bias. Some voters will go for their own ship sadly.

5. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I like this idea....and then when you are ready to send in the video you PM Fay (or who ever does the challenge) for the password. We could even change the password each challenge if it was needed ;)

Fay if you do end up going ahead with this idea of a new YT account I don't mind helping you to do it ;)

6. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Thats a good idea Natty! I like it! That would work. I've got a spare e-mail address if needed for setting up. Changing the password is pretty easy and it would work, you'd want to be careful though. Maybe have a pm thing, PM the organiser person if you are certain you are doing the challenge and they reply with the pw. That might work....

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

It would probably be better to make a new email ;)

8. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i have a youtube account (signed up to make a comment, such a dork! :lol:) so videos can be uploaded to that. but i have no idea how it works, so if someone with youtube knowledge wants to pm me with the info that could probably work out best. that way we can keep it annonymous.

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I'll PM you ;)

10. Faylinn

Sorry about the delay guys. I'm going to start writing out the rules and such and get things going either tonight or tomorrow. We'll have five days to submit videos and two days to vote--if you think you'll need more time (or would like the time for video making to include a weekend every round), let us know. :)

11. Faylinn

The fan video challenge thread has been opened! Go here to read the rules and the theme for the first challenge, which will be open until April 6, 2008 at midnight GMT.

Now that the challenge has been set up, this thread can be used for general discussion about fan videos--questions for other vid makers, suggestions for the challenge rules, etc. If it isn't about the current challenge, it doesn't need to go in the other thread.

Don't let this thread get spammy. If it falls off of the main page, don't worry--there will be a link in the fan video challenge thread, which is going to stay pinned at the top of the forum.

Anything important to the fan video challenge (such as changes to the rules) will be posted in the other thread--so this isn't a thread that you have to read if you are participating in the challenges. :)