Eva/Natalia #4: Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Mar 29, 2011.

?

thread title

Poll closed Apr 10, 2011.
  1. Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. I am Woman, Hear me Roar

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Boa Vista - A Beautiful View

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Foreva Boa Vista

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Always There For Everyone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. More than what you think she is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. It's about time, she's waited long enough

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. Let's Go Berserk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Berserk for Boa Vista

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Well, at least we have confirmation that
    both Horatio and Natalia are okay! So glad to hear...
    I can't wait for the premiere!

As for the DVD price - suggested retail is probably higher than it will be by the time it hits stores.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
  2. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

True, that confirmation is good. Can't wait for promo pics or spoilers :)

Oooooh my fellow Natters I'm shaking in my boots waiting for news of our girl. First one to post some spoilers/news here gets a mijito and fifty virtual hugs :thumbsup:

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm not going to comment yet on spoilers until we get more info -- for now I bring you TVGuide's Sexiest Crime Fighters....guess who's on the list :p

http://www.tvguide.com/PhotoGallery/TVs-Sexiest-Crime-1034736/1034744

Quote from the article:
    Lol.

4. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

Lol, that's a great article! :lol: But here's some scary spoiler news :eek:

Anyone who's read the spoiler news will notice the lack of Nat-news :( Either nothing major happens for our girl (which would seriously piss me off) OR Natalia is more injured from the attemptive drowning than we thought!!!!! :eek:

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I hear ya, Mel.

I agree it's incredibly odd that there isn't much mention of Natalia. I have a hard time imagining that she'll be sitting in her little cubby of the lab as if nothing happened -- love her or hate her, this does involve her a great deal. Fans are going to feel robbed if this has no effect on her whatsoever -- the audience in general, I think, will even be confused. They will expect more.

As to where she is, I don't know, but my best guess is that something is wrong with her that's keeping her down (hospital, bedrest, etc) - otherwise she would be all over the case/Randy like white on rice.

I think we might just be missing a good size chunk of the episode in these spoilers (we usually do anyway). We aren't hearing about the beginning, or the ending. We aren't hearing of any emotions from the teammembers or Horatio/Natalia themselves, the rescues/medical scenes are not mentioned.....it seems there is alot missing.

I'm not thrilled with what we've been given so far, as it doesn't make much sense to me given the cliffhanger or the logline - but I'm willing to wait it out for further details.

6. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

:( Agree, this seems to be disapointing!!! Are TPTB letting us down so early in the season...I can foresee this season isn't going to be as great...even the first episode doesn't seems any interesting at all. NOTHING on Natalia. We can only pray that the information that got out are those boring parts of the opening, while they kept the interesting parts until we've seen the episode.

Well, okay I have read the opening article posted in the news...sorry but one of the plot is just plain RIDICULOUS! Failure! I am not happy.

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

If you look at this part of the logline: "Horatio & Natalia struggle to move forward ", it suggests that both of them will have some difficulties. That could mean physically or emotionally, or both, who knows. But it's possible that Natalia's "struggle" is more on the emotional/mental side & she won't want to work the case (or at least on the field). She might pull back due to PTS, feeling guilty, scared, unsure of herself/judgement, etc.
    After what she's been through the last season, I could see that as a potential storyline for her (or possibly just for the premiere) until something or someone pulls her out of her 'funk'.

8. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

I'm sorry to sound like a spoilsport, but this seems like one of TPTB's old tricks: get the fans hyped for the premiere by promising all sorts of things, then disappoint said fans by breaking their promises. Thus, the lack of news doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

I'd love to see Natalia and Horatio struggling...not only in the premiere, but throughout the whole season. They're two of my favorite characters, and I'd love to see them struggling with their own mortality (especially Horatio). Knowing TPTB, though, they'll probably have them back at work/fully healed by the second episode and then move on to yet another poorly-planned story arc...

Personally, if that's the case, then I probably won't even bother watching the rest of the season...but that's just me.

9. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

That's a good point MJ, and a great potential storyline for the season. Natalia could become more distant from the team/ closed off - and then as you said, something could pull her out of her flunk :thumbsup:

Actually, that's a lovely idea :) All of Season 9's effects on Natalia could make her wonder why she's still doing the job, and then a case (possibly one involving a child or something) could make her remember why she has a passion for helping people.

Awwww, if that's not TPTB's plan here I'm defiantly making a FanFic out of this :thumbsup:

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Just in case some of you didn't see Eva's tweets - here's a few pics she posted of her trip to Africa.

Lucky giraffe - I'd have kissed her too.
    [​IMG]

Joe & Eva (with Kaya) celebrated thier 1 year anniversary by renewing thier vows
    [​IMG]

11. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

This is what I hate, we were left hanging for months and now the opening episodes sounds very anticlimax to me.....seriously!

I hate to see Natalia being gloomy for the whole season....yikes....maybe for half at most though...she has been through enough...it would be great if we can see progress....and Mel you're right...Natalia has always shown true passion of helping ppl which is what I want to see!!!!

ETA: The more I read and re-read the spoilers, the more and more the episode seems weak and lame indeed (at least only from what I've read).

Great pics from Eva's tweet!!! They're amazing....love the animals pics...hehe!! :D

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

New Eva magazine cover :)

[​IMG]

If I find the magazine or scans of the article, I'll post them.

13. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Do keep a watch out: :)
    Tuesday, July 19, will be a big day for Eva La Rue. Not only is she returning to the set of CSI: MIAMI to begin her exciting seventh season as heroine Natalia Boa Vista, but she'll also be seen resuming her role as ALL MY CHILDREN's Dr. Maria Santos that day! "Maria is still in California -- I only did a phone call," La Rue previews of her first two episodes. "but I know that my storyline has to do with David and the Orpheus Project and kind of bringing that down."

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

And watch for her on Extra -- I read somewhere that they were on the set when Eva returned to film.

Wow. Eva/Natalia's 7th season ....can't believe it's been that long!! :luvlove::luvlove:

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Do you know when this airs ?

Those pics from Africa are great mjszud.