Eva/Natalia #3: More of the Beautiful Compassionate Bionic Woman!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

Thanks for the link MJ! I love her dresses! I want them so bad!!!! And that room was absolutely incredible!! MelxxWhoLuvsYa please send me your "possible idea"!!! It might be what I'm thinking....Can't wait for the premiere!!! And I'm so excited for this whole season! Possibly seeing back into Nat's past with abusiveness and stuff, I know Eva will pull that off amazingly and I can't wait to see it!!! :thumbsup:

2. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Mind if I join in with you guys to freak out over the TV Guide article? As soon as I read it (contrary to popular belief, I do still follow Miami... though I follow it very loosely), I came right over here!

Sounds like TPTB are kind of/sort of finally listening to what the fans have been bitching about for the last gazillion seasons. (Although it doesn't sound like they've listened to me at all, as there's no mention of any Ryan or Frank storylines... and the mention of the relationshit-that-must-not-be-named makes it sound like it's not exactly going in the direction I want it to.) But, hey - there will be some Natalia moments and that's good enough for me!

With the announcement of Emily's pregnancy, I had kind of assumed that there'd be a lot more Natalia on screen this season anyway. We're going to need someone to continue to balance out all that testosterone when Emily goes on maternity leave, after all!

I admire your curiosity and your never-ending drive to always pick apart and analyze every single word that comes out of TPTB's mouth, MJ. :p You certainly got more out of the latest article than I did. From what I gathered reading O'Brien's comment about Natalia being someone with a secret, it sounded like he was just giving us his own personal take on the character. And his take on Natalia is pretty close to mine; who wouldn't be secretive and hold their cards so close to the table with a background like Nat's?

It sounds like (and this is purely speculation on my part, so I don't think this needs to go in a spoiler; correct me if I'm wrong) they're going to possibly touch on Natalia's relationship with Nick. (Has there been any mention of Rob Estes coming back at all? For maybe some flashbacks or something?) While this worries me a little, it would definitely give Eva a chance to really shine with a potentially emotional and meaty plot.

3. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I am wary of these interviews with these producers. Nonetheless, it is good to hear something positive to us Natalia fans! He forgets to mention her hearing though. :p And ha, she is still our dear DNA analyst. I really want those glimpses of her past. Bring them on!! Do share all your ideas Mel. :)

What are you refering to here?

4. beautifuldisaster

The video MJ found of her wedding! It shows the room and some of her wedding and stuff. I really want a scene of her getting a hit to the head that brings on the ear problem. Surely they didn't bring that up for nothing. I'm hoping for that. I really want to know if she has a secret though too. I can't wait when all this startes happening! :)

5. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

For the first time in almost two years, I watched a full episode of CSI: Miami. Hoooooly.

Anyway, my Eva/Natalia-related thoughts:

Never mind my earlier post mentioning Eva maybe getting some emotional/meaty opportunities later on in the season; she had one even before the opening credits tonight! The look of panic on her face, the devastation... Eva gets an A+ already. (But then again, I didn't expect anything less!) And I loved Natalia too, doing everything in her power to save Jesse and breaking down when she realized he was gone and there was nothing she nor anyone else could do.

Almost halfway through the episode and Natalia's been in quite a bit of it. I hope this is a sign of what's to come this season!

Girl knows her hieroglyphics! I love how Horatio and Eric just stood there in awe watching her go. Her little exchange with that British guy was nice to see, too!

Loved her at the end playin' basketball with the boys. YOU GO GIRL.

Overall, a good start to what I'm hoping will be a Natalia-packed season!

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

:p That scene was the best, I loved it. Between her & Ryan going back & forth on the court, and her & Eric high-fiving "I got Natalia - let's go baby".....just so nice to finally see a really good team moment & Natalia being very much included. I'm a very content fan at the moment.

And yes, the intro...though it could've lasted a bit longer imo (the grieving), it was a great scene for Natalia. Eva's voice sounded like it was about to go out when she was yelling for help.... It was a nice added touch given she'd just gained consciousness.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Natalia was great in tonight's episode. She was great from start to finish.She knows her stuff in the lab and on the b-ball court.

8. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

;) ;) ;)

I'm glad I tuned in tonight; the episode wasn't bad. (Better than one of the last ones I saw in its entirety, though an episode would have to really suck in order to be worse than the last episode I saw.) And the amount of Natalia in it almost made up for the one or two things that sucked about it.

So, can we toast to what looks like will be a promising, Natalia-filled season?

Midori Melon, anyone?

[​IMG]

9. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Yeah, the intro should have been longer, esp the part where Natalia was trying to save Jesse. But Eva was awesome. I wonder how many times she had to scream, her voice did went out. Props to Eva even for that very short scene which was somewhat ruin by that silly intro music. I don't see why they couldn't use another music intro.

Loved her chasing around and playing basketball with the guys. Awesome!

Hopefully, she gets to shine this season! Go Natalia!

10. beautifuldisaster

I know I shouldn't be saying this on here but being an EDeN shipper, I smiled so bright when he said that! I never would've thought that he would pick her and call her baby ever again! It brought a smile to my face! :) But I def give that episode an A+!!!! A great way to start off the season not to mention I'm already pleased with the amount of Natalia we got! Hopefully it'll stay that way! Eva did amazing with the opening scene! I like could feel her hurt and sorrow! I think she out did herself on this one. The screaming the crying and her voice did go I think one time. It was just amazing! But when is she ever not?! And also was that her stunt double that tried to do CPR and breathe into him or was it her?????

11. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

It was her all along, they don't need a stunt double for this.

One thing I noticed though, Natalia wasn't wearing her 'hearing aid'. Either it is a 'Oops' or I wonder if they will suddenly miraculously heal her hearing problem though. Hmmz. They should try to be more careful or consistent in this area.

12. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Eva was beautifully amazing last night. I could feel her anguish dripping through the tv screen further proving this woman never ceases to astound me. She brought me to tears, so bravo!

13. electra

electra Pathologist

I do not come here often but I wanted to tell you guys that Natalia was great in last night episode.She can go head to head with the guys playing a game but at the same time you can see her sensitive side like when she found Jesse.I liked Natalia a lot in season 4 but hated the Nick storyline and is nice to see her like this.

14. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

Wow, I've only got to watch half of the premire episode and wow...wait a go Eva, that opening scene had me in tears. I've read the comments above and am now even more eager to see the ending, thanks guys ;)

And my idea of Nat's secret, which is just my speculation but....even consider Nat had a kid with Nick. I mean, they were married for a few years and she did once say there was good times. And in season 4, she says to Ryan when he lets her onto a scene that "Its her first scene by choice"

Perhaps Nick's violence was not always aimed at her? This is just complete speculation on my part, but I wonder if any of you have considered it? Or perhaps have other ideas what her secrect could be? Do share! ;D

15. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

I forgot to say this but you should totally put that into a story, FanFiction.Net!!!! I really want to read it now, lol ;)

And "Fallen"....what an episode! Nat was brill during the opener, I was near tears, and with the hyrogliphics, she took charge! I loved how Eric and H just watched in awe, and then the basketball scene!

Did anyone notice the closeness between Ryan and Natalia? Between this and what I've heard happening in 9.06, it's gonna be a hell of a RaiNy season!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.