Eva/Natalia #2: History Aside, She's Making a Good One!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good possibility, Delynn. ;) My only squirm with that would be why on earth she'd hide it instead of arresting him; unless when she was "attacked" she didn't know who it was & we (viewers & Natalia) would later learn who the attacker is. My "itch I can't scratch" is that she isn't aware of who the attacker was -- I have no idea why I think that, but that's my vibe.

Natalia has a heart of pure gold and never-ending compassion and sympathy. If the wife/girlfriend of the abuser asked her not to arrest him or pursue it, was totally distressed about the situation, and Natalia truly thought she wasn't injured, I really could see her letting it go with a warning because she was the one injured and no one else.

I hope that tptb don't conclude this storyarc of hers in one single episode. As in along the episodes, they will give little reference to her issue and then there comes one case where they throw everything out and that's it.
I imagine there'll be an episode before the season ends where all this will unfold in a dramatic way -- hopefully it is something that will roll some aftermath into the next season. I don't want to see it here, there, & then gone in a flash. At the same time, I don't want to have to watch her be a mess for too long either... :shifty: She's sure to lose it this time around....think we'll see a breakdown?

I don't want to see her emotionally taxed for too long. But this is definitely the type of drama that Eva can kick butt with and I want to see her shine like I know she can! Not a total breakdown, but something like what she and Horatio shared after Nick died. That was sweet and Eva was fantastic in that scene.

I also don't want them to go for too long because the longer they go the greater the risk they do damage to the character Natalia. That is my greatest fear right now. IMO they destroyed Calleigh. For me Calleigh is damaged beyond redemption.

Natalia is a real bright spot for me. She is a warm, caring, sympathetic character and I don't want to see that change. I'm always afraid TPTB will try to screw her up like they did Calleigh. It would be a horrible to watch them take such a loving character and force her into a silly, contrived storyline.

I find it interesting that we're worried about TPTB screwing up a story line that has potential! I really think they dropped the ball with Nick. just suddenly killing him off! I mean obviously he was a manipulative abusive a******, but that still could have gone places!

and to reveal after the fact that Natalia was sleeping with him! I mean, WHAT? that's fine if that's how you want to play it, but give us somewhere to go with it!

Natalia has a heart of pure gold and never-ending compassion and sympathy. If the wife/girlfriend of the abuser asked her not to arrest him or pursue it, was totally distressed about the situation, and Natalia truly thought she wasn't injured, I really could see her letting it go with a warning because she was the one injured and no one else.
Yeah, I could see that. But then again, it would show Natalia first-hand how violent that abuser was & I'm not sure she could let it go knowing he'd turn around later & do the same to his wife. Of course, there could always have been certain circumstances that made her make that decision.

I really think they dropped the ball with Nick. just suddenly killing him off! I mean obviously he was a manipulative abusive a******, but that still could have gone places!
I definitly agree. Rob Estes was a perfect abusive husband -- he was charming & incredibly good-looking, but there were certain scenes where you could really sense the evil in him. His smirk alone was just, creepy.
I wish they'd have managed to let that run through the rest of that season - he could've come back the one time in 'Looks could Kill' & then not show up again 'til midseason -- it was too quick. And DAMNIT, I really REALLY wish they'd just have let Natalia get into a fight with him & then her be accused of his murder instead of her sleeping with him....god, that was just so dumb. :scream:

I'd love it if Nick wasn't dead & that somehow he had faked his death to frame Natalia....maybe he's spent the last 3 years plotting his revenge. :p
I mean, sorry, but if they're gonna drag Nick back into this then I want to actually SEE him -- they never showed us any abuse (not even in flashbacks), they only TOLD us a smidge of what happened in thier marriage & then threw in his violent capabilities (hitting the clean-up guy, fighting Eric, & grabbing Valera). I want to see/know what provoked him to hurt Natalia, his own wife!
Ah well, can't turn back time. :rolleyes: More on the here & now.....

I also don't want them to go for too long because the longer they go the greater the risk they do damage to the character Natalia. That is my greatest fear right now.
Mine too; that, & that they'll flop at the conclusion of this storyline bringing it nowhere....or bringing it somewhere I don't want them to go. :rolleyes:
Part of my biggest issue with having her be in another abusive relationship (& the damaging of character part) is that it will likely throw her right back to square one -- the first abusive relationship is one thing, but to get involved with another man, having a happy little relationship & then BOOM his fists fly....there's too much of an emotional connection there, & it'd ruin her for sure! If this was just some one-time thing from a random guy who she had no emotional/intimate ties to, then it won't leave as big of a mark. It's sure to put her in an emotional state & bring up bad memories either way, but IMO, it would leave an enormous unrepairable mark on her if she was abused by not one, but 2, love interests. It's too much.

We are all worried because fans have waited so long for something like that for her and they can't ruin it. No way.

Since they brought up this abuse angle, there has to be something about it or it is pointless (why stress it too) and they could have just gone with the hearing loss and job insecurity. So far, I think we can't really come to a conclusion what is going on, which in a way is very interesting (and leave us pondering)!

I too don't want it to drag too long, beside fearing the character damage, I don't want to see a sad/emo Natalia. What I meant was that they don't throw it all out suddenly and then dump it aside as if nothing happened. I like follow ups where she regains her confidence and start to kick some serious ass. I do see a possible small breakdown for her but not something big where she totally lost it, she is emotionally stronger than most people and what she is given credit for. Also the slapping/assault incident already took place and she seemed to be still able to hold herself together.

I like follow ups where she regains her confidence and start to kick some serious ass. I do see a possible small breakdown for her but not something big where she totally lost it, she is emotionally stronger than most people and what she is given credit for. Also the slapping/assault incident already took place and she seemed to be still able to hold herself together.
She is much stronger than people give her credit for! :thumbsup: I'm always highly annoyed when people think 'strong' means being a badass & a tough cookie. That isn't the way it works. :rolleyes:

Anyway. As far as breakdowns go, I do think she needs one, & a BIG one -- but it needs to be like a "final" breakdown, a closure of sorts just to get everything she's had to go through out of her system. ;)

is it weird that i want to see a flashback of her past with nick? nothing too bad, but I think it would help us understand what she went through. come to think of it i wouldn't mind a flashback episode that shows a bit of a lot of the characters. has there been one of those?

^I wished we had one but they didn't gave us back then. Nick was dead really too quick and he was indeed creepy smiling to himself each time he was able to control Natalia.

Oh yeah, the first episode this season was a flashback and sadly only a flash of Natalia in her FBI coat.

I was thinking why she was kind of avoiding the issue/didn't report it, maybe this 'guy' has something on her besides some of the other suggestions.

I was thinking why she was kind of avoiding the issue/didn't report it, maybe this 'guy' has something on her besides some of the other suggestions.

Hmmm, now that could be interesting. Blackmailing perhaps? I could see TPTB pulling that one. I'm gonna go with the possiblity of **drumroll :p**...Agent Mike Farallon. And before anyone goes - but he went to jail, right? Well, we only saw him turn in his ID & then get into a vehicle....no handcuffs, no actual arrest. Possible the FBI covered his tracks & just fired him to avoid a nasty mark on them.
Of course anything is possible, they could bring in someone new who we've never met, but it would be cool to see the continuity if he was brought back into the picture.

RE: Nick/Natalia flashback...you aren't wierd. I always wanted to see something too. We usually get to "live the moment" with the characters when they go through this stuff; it's a shame we were never fully taken there with Natalia.

Hmmm, now that could be interesting. Blackmailing perhaps? I could see TPTB pulling that one.

Interesting possibility, indeed! Nice thinking, Michya!

I'm gonna go with the possiblity of **drumroll :p**...Agent Mike Farallon. And before anyone goes - but he went to jail, right? Well, we only saw him turn in his ID & then get into a vehicle....no handcuffs, no actual arrest. Possible the FBI covered his tracks & just fired him to avoid a nasty mark on them.

Ooooh, I like that scenario! A lot. He would have a heavy ax to grind with Natalia and it's possible that he may know something she may not want revealed and so she didn't report the attack.

I'm just crossing my fingers and praying that they don't try the abusive relationship crap. Natalia is smarter than that. Don't destroy this amazing character because the writers don't want to work for a unique and original story. Natalia is worth the effort. And I'm not sure they even realize the caliber of actress they have with Eva. They've never really let her show them the talent she has. Give her something to work with and she'll blow us all away! :thumbsup:

Of course anything is possible, they could bring in someone new who we've never met, but it would be cool to see the continuity if he was brought back into the picture.

I'll take a stranger, as long as we are provided with a reasonable, believable reason for the action. I'm really very easy to please. Really! ;)

RE: Nick/Natalia flashback...you aren't wierd. I always wanted to see something too. We usually get to "live the moment" with the characters when they go through this stuff; it's a shame we were never fully taken there with Natalia.

We were given an idea of what Nick was capable of as far as the anger and physical abuse. It would have been really nice to get a flashback of the good times to balance it out.

Although I have to tell you that Eva and David's scene in "Internal Affairs" was so over-the-top outstanding that my heart just went out to Natalia. I was horrified to find out that Natalia had been sleeping with Nick. But when Natalia and Horatio were able to so heartbreakingly reveal to us that there were good times, I understood and my sympathy was with Natalia as she grieved for the loss of the Nick she had loved - not the abusive creature.

It would have been really nice to get a flashback of the good times to balance it out.

Although I have to tell you that Eva and David's scene in "Internal Affairs" was so over-the-top outstanding that my heart just went out to Natalia. I was horrified to find out that Natalia had been sleeping with Nick. But when Natalia and Horatio were able to so heartbreakingly reveal to us that there were good times, I understood and my sympathy was with Natalia as she grieved for the loss of the Nick she had loved - not the abusive creature

I cried with her in that scene, & then wondered why the heck I was so emotional over such a huge jerk :lol: It wasn't him though, Eva was just that GOOD -- I really felt for her loss & confusion.

I will say there were a few tiny details that gave us hints that Nick may have been a somewhat decent guy & loved her. He still had her ring, & if you think about it, it must have meant something to him if he kept it 'cause he was obviously very into pawning jewelry for money. That, and the picture of him & Natalia were among his items....along with the ring (Nat had it on her pinkie when she was looking through the box).
I wish they had shown more instead of making us look so hard to find reason why a part of her still loved him, but all the same, it's understandable looking at the entire picture & using a little imagination.

Having said that, he's still a jerk in my book -- he was disrespectful, controlling, & abusive. No ring, or picture, would have been enough for me to accept him; but Nat has a big heart & tends to look for the good in people -- imagining that Nick at one time was a good man, I can certainly see where she was torn.

He would have a heavy ax to grind with Natalia and it's possible that he may know something she may not want revealed and so she didn't report the attack.
Yes, with "Agent Mikey" having worked for years with Natalia he may know something, or have dug something up since. Forgive me while I dip into the past again, but we STILL don't know why she was thrown into the mole situation. I wondered many times if maybe she did something wrong that forced the FBI to put her in that position....perhaps he has the answers, & is using them against her now.

Gosh, ya know, we're coming up with so many different things this could be from -- I sure hope TPTB are using thier imaginations too....meaning, I hope they aren't going to make this lame and just recycle an abusive relationship storyline! :rolleyes:

From her hearing loss, we have now come to her FBI days. I for one would really like to see them link her back to her FBI days and her connections there. It also provides good contunity and also a good storyline for the future. She was describe as 'one of the best' and the agents also showed her respect, so I don't think she did anything wrong. Besides, she was the one who had something on Agent Mike and in the end he was left pretty helpless.

For now, she is already kind of hiding her hearing loss problem and the slapping incident. I don't see anymore things Natalia would be hiding (for the current storyline - but could be for a future storyline) or the story would turn a bit too complicated and tptb would just mess it up.

For me, whatever happens (abusive realtionship or whatnot), just as long as Natalia remains as the compassionate and selfless person that she is, I am okay with it.

well, I'm back...

and for those of you wondering where this new person who has been posting so much has been, I have an answer.

I went skiing with some friends, took a good fall, and got a concussion to go along with the mountain growing on my forehead. I have come out of my fall alive with my brain and hearing intact! all good news! and i resisted the urge to ask the doctor about blunt force trauma and the effect it has on hearing bc i didn't want him to think there was anything wrong with mine!

However, now that i'm resting for the next few days I just watched the promo for next weeks episode and saw that a husband is the murder suspect for his wife's murder. Could this potential abuser bring back some bad memories for our Natalia?? they don't show her in the promo, but i wouldn't doubt it given whats going on in her life now!

will dig further, but first i need to make some tea and get some more pain killers!!

Thanks for the interview Michya. :)

Iwatchtoomuchtv - get well, sweetie. ;)

Re: Next episode -- I really hope they don't ignore these issues alltogether in the episodes that aren't focusing on her condition. I'm anxious to see if we'll notice any changes in her behavior, personality, attitude, etc.

She was describe as 'one of the best' and the agents also showed her respect, so I don't think she did anything wrong. Besides, she was the one who had something on Agent Mike and in the end he was left pretty helpless.

For now, she is already kind of hiding her hearing loss problem and the slapping incident. I don't see anymore things Natalia would be hiding (for the current storyline - but could be for a future storyline) or the story would turn a bit too complicated and tptb would just mess it up.

Yeah, I can see your point, Michya.TPTB having Nat in the wrong over something she did years ago would likely wind up a disaster. Still, I'd love to know how/why she was placed there as the mole (not to mention, an explanation of her 12 year old link to Horatio) & I guess I was looking for something to bring us back to that.

Still, I'd love to know how/why she was placed there as the mole (not to mention, an explanation of her 12 year old link to Horatio) & I guess I was looking for something to bring us back to that.

Natalia and H knew each other? inquiring minds want to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back