Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Ducky, May 6, 2007.

1. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2007

We always mess it up :lol: We didn't do so badly 4 years ago, we finished 3rd when Jessica Garlick represented us

The Big Four rule came in after Germnay failed to qualify for the 1996 competition, it caused uproar :lol:

2. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Sorry...
    I was just exited I had found it. A friend somehow got it and shared it with me. Since I don't know where she found it its impossible to state the source.
    Will keep it in mind next time!

3. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Wow, I heard that a Hungarian chick was the 9th in something, lol. That doesn't make much sense.

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Finland isn't Scandinavian country (Norway, Sweden and Denmark are) :p But we only gave 7 to Sweden :p The Ark has fans here, y'know. Nordic countries, oh yes that we are and it's a different thing ;)

Someone wrote that few years ago, when Eastern Europe countries didn't win, no one complained but now everyone complains. I mean, Serbia got votes also from western Europe, we gave 12 points as well. It's not their fault if we keep sending crappy songs. Perhaps we've been there too long and they seriously think what kind of music they put there. And lookies, if a country manages to get votes from all over the Europe, they'll win. Like we did last year.
    Old winner countries somehow assume that they can put anything there and they would do well. Like Sweden has thought they'll kick ass every year. And now they blame us that they didn't win.

UK song was crappy, France was happy kinda song but not so good, Spain was ok, same with Portugal, Sweden, Norway and Finland and Iceland. Germany was different but not great.

Cyprus should have been in the final. Same with Andorra and Denmark and Switzerland.

5. nuttynickyxx

nuttynickyxx Witness

omg Ukraine SO shoulda won, they were gr8! Me, Ryan and Rochelle (couple of my m8s) spent all Sunday nyt doin the dance they did lol!

6. Ducky

I just bump up this one :p [mods, could you change year to 2008? thanks ]

I am so sad that Belgium didn't get to final :lol: Man that song gets to your head :lol: it's called O Julissi and performed by Isthar - it's so happy song!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB07F_IOTI0

Our song...god I hate that band :p But when I saw 19 songs of first semifinal - I knew they go to final - had to. I think it's cool that there's now two semifinals - I guess it would be way too long to have 38 countries trying to get final

7. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

You and me both. I would have expected Belgium to go through to the final because hey, we finally had a good song! :p
    A flemish radio presenter (Peter van de Veire) played just a small part every morning so it would get stuck in you head aaaaaaaall day long. And believe me, it worked :lol:

Give it a few weeks and it'll become a hitsingle everywhere. Well.. in Belgium anyway :rolleyes: :D

8. 4blueeyez

4blueeyez Rookie

I've watched the 2 semi-finals this week and both my favourites are through to the finals. They were Finland (I just love rock music) and Azerbaijan. When I heard the first notes and saw the guy dressed like an angel, I was sold. I hope one of them will win tomorrow

9. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

I can'T belive germany sent No Angels; theirsong is really bad especially when they try to sing it live :rolleyes:
    guess germany will never ever win that contest again

10. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Honestly, I don't know who the other possible entrants for Germany were, but I have to agree...No Angels might not have been the best choice. I mean, we've had worse entrants but they're not going to win, that's for sure!

11. dopebabygirl

at least no angel can't be worse than (i think it was) in 2005 that girl Gracia whose bra tore lol, if i recall right germany had 2 points that year,that was frustrating

12. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

^^ :lol: Even Gildo Horn got more! And I thought that was a low point for us. I kinda liked Texas Lightning because that song got stuck in my head. But unfortunately they had to stand up against Lordy who they couldn't beat....wonder why. Well whatever, I hope one day we will be able to win this again! I don't want to believe that Nicole should be the first and last German entrant who won this!

13. dopebabygirl

well, i guess germany hasn'T got any great artist
    no good actors (in my opinion) no matter which show i watch i just can't buy their acting, seems to me like a lot of them is just reading their lines with no emotions
    and singers, hell are we supposed to send tokio hotel lol maybe then we could have a change to get at least more that 50 points (and no,i don't like those babyfaces)

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  14. alienor

alienor Police Officer

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2008

We hope France will be luckier this year with Sebastien Tellier ! "Divine" is a good song and he has got a funny and interesting personality.

15. Ducky

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2008

OMG! I loved Gildo Horn! MY all time favourite is _still_ Moldova's granny!

I hope Sweden doesn't win, mwhahahah. Anyways...I think Russia will do well and Greece I guess :rolleyes:

I have to say I am amazed that UK sent NORMAL song this year