Eurovision Song Contest 2006

Ducky

Master of the Moos
Ah yes, time for the horrible song contest again!

Many countries have already picked up their entries, Finland will make its decision on 10th March and Sweden is the last country on 18th March.

Las Ketchup will represet Spain.. I wonder what that will be like.

As for my country, yes... we'll suck again, it's the 40th time for us in ESC, never won.

My personal favourite for Finland?
Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah

here's some clips and info

Tomi Metsäketo is cute in a way.. he is operasinger and...
Jennie. God I hate her with passion.

So, thoughts anyone? Is ESC pathetic? Your country's song? Is it worth it?

I also heard that NBC is developing this same idea to US where each state can have an artist/band to reprent them. Should be opposite for American Idol.

I watched it on Saturday, just to see what it will be like this year.

All I can say is....We're not going to be that good this year. :p (UK)

I can't remember the name of the lady who's representing Greece but I know she's older then the current champ, Helena Paparizou. Hopefully she'll have the vocals 'cause it would be great to see Greece win again!

Love Eurovision, great cheesy night in, and mkes me giggle :lol:

Oh we have gone for some really ddodgy rap effort, I can see a nil points for us :rolleyes:

I also heard that NBC is developing this same idea to US where each state can have an artist/band to reprent them. Should be opposite for American Idol.
Yup, I read that too. Go us.

Uh, go Norway. If I was in Europe I'd watch.

Footyliz said:

Oh we have gone for some really ddodgy rap effort, I can see a nil points for us :rolleyes:

Just like... Jemini with Cry Cry Baby? :lol:

My English friend is HUGE ESC fan and I always pick on her about that song :p :lol:

Footyliz said:
:lol: Eurovision is great fun for a giggle, past few years we have done crap in it. Terry Wogan always makes me laugh we he narrates the evening.

Not so long ago we nearly had Jordan representing us! :eek:

DaWacko said:
Las Ketchup will represet Spain.. I wonder what that will be like.

I can tell you,as horrible and pathetic as the show itself.
There are 2 words to describe it in Spanish:"hortera" and "cutre",sorry,I can't find an appropiate translation...

^:lol: :lol:

I think ESC is just great because you can laugh so much. Oh that joy when you listen to some of the songs... or like the GRANNY last year... was is Moldova?

Not so long ago we nearly had Jordan representing us! :eek:

Aahhh, Tink, don't remind me! :eek: *cringes*

I used to watch ESC...when UK had some good-ish songs to compete, like Gina G 'Oo ah just a little bit' and Katrina and the Waves 'Love Shine A Light', but now...I don't bother to watch.

Wonder what crappy song the UK will enter this year? :p *sigh*

Haha Holland is never good either :lol:... We did became 4th once, but don't remember when that was, Somewhere 1998... I think :p
They always enter such crap

I so laughed at "Gina G" back in those days :lol:

But I think Brotherhood of Man's Save Your Kisses for Me is just plain ...cute.

Gina G! :lol: How could I forget Gina G. :eek: Annoying as the song was, it was quite catchy. :eek: :lol:

My favourite Eurovision song is Bucks Fizz 'Making Your Mind Up' the dance routine was great! :lol:

Back