Eric/Ryan Slash--Unresolved Tension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of Ryan and Eric rooming together! Please keep discussing - it's giving me lots of ideas! :devil:

And everyone else's reactions. I think that while Frank might originally be a bit huffy if he knew they were anything more that room-mates, he'd come round. He's too honest to turn his back on people he likes.

Shadowfax , poor baby! Hot tea! Lots of it. Don't worry about the whole bundle of stuff that I sent you. It's only really Chapter 7 that's due for posting, and I don't think there were too many mistakes there? :confused: And if you can't do it, it doesn't matter. I've got other stuff. :D

*peeks in after hibernating* :D

Thanks, guys! I do feel better, just a bit of the sniffles left, but otherwise, the fever's gone. Let's hope it doesn't come back, eh? ;)

But yes, I could see Horatio just smirking about Ryan & Eric, and putting on his sunglasses to hide the emotions in his eyes. We all know he wants to be seen as a robot.
LMAO, ebonymist! I almost spewed chicken noodle soup all over the keyboard reading that. :lol:

Psst! Ali! *whispers* You're getting ideas? Does this mean we might be expecting another fic from you... perhaps involving Eric and Ryan in a rooming together type of situation? :D */whisper* :devil:

You are all geniuses!
I absolutely love the idea of Eric and Ryan living together and the whole saving money thing is just a really convenient excuse ... and you know when it keeps dragging on and people start saying: but Eric's back on his feet then they can just reply they've gotten used to it and it's just easier this way because they're both workaholics and they're hardly at home anyway so it's more convenient this way :p

I like to think that while Eric is a slob he'll be able to deal with Ryan being OCD and that he'd try to be neat and tidy but that there would be mess everywhere
I also like to think that Eric could get Ryan to relax a little and to stop him from worrying and obsessing over the mess all the time, that would be fun :D

And of course if they'd lived together they could get up to other fun stuff :devil:

Sorry about that, Shadowfax! :devil: Or am I? Glad you're feeling better, though. :D

I can't think of anything else to say on the 'Roommates' subejct, but I'm sure we'll come up with something again soon, Ali. ;)

On the other hand, I did just finish watching 'Open Water' and during the scene with Eric and Jessop in the garbage room, it felt like Jessop was feeling guilty about something other than talking to Horatio about Eric's interrogation technique. Maybe something happened between him and Ryan, and he thinks Eric knows about it?

I can't really see Ryan as the type to cheat on someone, so maybe he and Eric aren't together at that point (especially considering this is right after the epsiode that Ryan asks Natalia out...), and Ryan and Jessop had something going on not too long ago, and they broke it off for whatever reason, and Jessop knows that Eric's interested in Ryan, so he thinks he's being punished for being with Ryan?

I can't see Ryan as the type to cheat on anyone either. He strikes me as a very loyal person.

In 'Shattered' even he had a hard time giving up to Stetler what he saw in Eric's kit during 'Three Way'. You could tell that he was struggling to be honest and yet not say anything that would get Eric into trouble. It was like he was trying to find a way out for Eric by rationalizing the rolling papers he saw. I love that about him! :D

If I'm looking at it from a purely canonical perspective, that scene with Eric and Jessop in 'Open Water' was purely because of Eric's interrogation technique. That's what had Jessop concerned in the first place, which was why he went to talk to H.

Well, yeah, if you're looking at it from a purely canonical perspective (which I rarely do), that's what it looks like. Although, Jessop does seem *very* jumpy around Eric. Moreso than necessary, I'd think, because Eric doesn't seem upset at all, and Eric isn't the type to hold something like that in. Then again, maybe Jessop doesn't know that? Ah well.

Yes, I did love the scene with Ryan trying to not tell Rick about the rolling papers. "I saw him with nothing illegal". What? It's the truth! He was so cute in that scene. And then later (or maybe it's earlier, I don't remember) when he's talking to the guy who ratted Eric out: "Delko had to pee in a cup because of you!" Awfully protective of his friend, isn't he? ;) Even if this isn't too long after they actually became friends. *cough* Right, friends, that's what they are.

Sorry to sound stupid but what does canonical mean????

I can't see Ryan cheating on anyone. He comes across like a really upfront type of person who stands by what he believes in and with that quite sensitive. So I don't think he would cope with hurting someone by cheating on them. Neither would he tolerate being cheated on.
I think it's sweet that he is protective of Eric; it's a bit like - it's us against them! :devil:

Am watching 'Driven' on Five US and Eric is wearing a really nice purple shirt. I could really see Ryan looking good in that and them fighting over who gets to wear it!!!!!! :devil:
Still watching 'Driven' and Ryan is wearing a purple t-shirt!!!! It must be their secret code of being in tune with each other - "Hey, I like your t-shirt." "Thanks, I loooove your shirt" :devil:

^ It comes from the word 'canon'. Canon means that it happened on the show, it's a storyline you saw in TV.
the contrary is 'fanon', storylines by fans or things fans want to see.
I hope you can understand my explanation. :D

'Three Way' was a good Eric/Ryan episode. Ryan didn't want to tell anything to Stetler, but as already mentioned, he can't lie.
oh, and the famous elevator scene. :lol:
It was so funny that even Calleigh laughed about the joke.
and Eric? was so annoyed and angry.
but we know, it was only show. :p

I also can't see Ryan cheating at someone. He's too loyal and responsible. He only gives his heart to one special person. He also expect the same loyality from his partner.

I've never heard the term fanonical before. Wow! You learn something new every day!

I can't see Ryan cheating. But maybe his realationship with Eric wouldn't be an easy on to maintain. If he was tempted elsewhere, would he feel that he had to break up with Eric first?

I have a question. What would they buy each other as birthday presents, do you think? I would think that they would buy different gifts if they were together than if they were just trying to deny that they should be together.

Hey, dna girl if you watch carefully, they wear matching colors at lot in S4. It does happen occasionally in S5, too, but it's a little more subtle, IMO. Like in Curse of the Coffin, the print on Eric's shirt was purple, and Ryan was wearing that purple t-shirt, then in Come as You Are, Eric was wearing what looked like a blue version of the shirt he wore in COTC and Ryan was wearing a blue sweater.

COTC

Come as You Are

As far as presents, Ali, I have absolutely no idea. Sorry. :(

I did that wp some time ago that picked out episodes where they were wearing the same colour, but I'm thinking I should do another, seeing as there are more episodes where they match. I watched Freefall, and I liked that Eric and Ryan matched, but I thought it was a little over the top that everyone did. Even Leo and Sienna were wearing orange. It got a bit silly.

I really like those pics, ebonymist , especially the first one. I just love the way Ryan's looking at Eric. :p And I was thinking about that scene on the way home. Eric wouldn't deal with the shrine because he's a Catholic, right? But if he's Catholic, shouldn't a pagan shrine have meant nothing to him? It's more superstition than Catholicism, isn't it? :confused: I'm too picky, I know. *slaps wrist* Shut up, Ali! :rolleyes:

Presents. This was another thought that wouldn't let go. I was imagining Eric's birthday. I don't think Ryan would get him anything if they weren't together, maybe just a beer in a bar or something. But if they were... Something to wear? Some diving stuff? Flowers? Or a big bag of shredded paper to piece together, like in Sex and Taxes (although that was supposed to be an apology, not a gift). It's difficult to think of something, isn't it? Almost as bad as choosing a present yourself. :confused:

Or a big bag of shredded paper to piece together, like in Sex and Taxes

:lol: you're soo funny Ali!

I so don't like SaT, it's such a horrible episode (not the case, but the character interaction). I still want an explanation why Ryan did what he did. :p
maybe he likes Angry!Eric and he thinks Eric is hot when he's mad at him...

about the present: maybe he would surprise him with a romantic weekend. They could go skiing together and spent (of course) a lot of time in the hotel room or better, a romantic, lonely place in the middle of nowhere. it's cold and a lot of snow....
Do you think they would fight, because of spending so much time (48 hours non-stop) together? :lol:

AliGtr said:
And I was thinking about that scene on the way home. Eric wouldn't deal with the shrine because he's a Catholic, right? But if he's Catholic, shouldn't a pagan shrine have meant nothing to him? It's more superstition than Catholicism, isn't it? :confused: I'm too picky, I know. *slaps wrist* Shut up, Ali! :rolleyes:

Hmmm, I'd never thought of it that way. How would it be sacrilige (I don't think I spelled that right) to mess with them if they're not part of his religion? Although he did say it was a mix of African voodoo and Catholicism, so maybe that's why? You're right, though, it is more superstition than Catholicism. Who knows? And no, don't shut up Ali! We all love Ali and your picky-ness! :D (Hey look, another made up word! :p I blame it on the fact that I'm not thinking clearly due to illness.)

Or a big bag of shredded paper to piece together, like in Sex and Taxes

:lol: :lol: OMG that made me laugh so hard. Funny thing is, I could see him doing it as a joke.

And no he probably wouldn't get him anything special if they weren't together.

inge said:
I so don't like SaT, it's such a horrible episode (not the case, but the character interaction). I still want an explanation why Ryan did what he did. :p
maybe he likes Angry!Eric and he thinks Eric is hot when he's mad at him...
Maybe so! I think he was getting nervous around Eric and taking the keygun was something stupid he did because he realised he was getting attracted to Eric. *opens door to plotbunny* *tells plotbunny to be patient until WC is finished* *shuts noisy plotbunny in garden*

I have a sneaking affection for S & T because that was the start of all the sexy tension between them. We can rationalise what they did, because of UST, can't we? :rolleyes: I couldn't believe Ryan taking that bag of paper to Eric. *shakes head* But I loved the way Eric told him to "beat it". :D

A skiing holiday! I like the idea. Principally because they would have to cuddle up to keep warm. And one of them might fall over and have to be helped by the other. :lol: It's kind of an expensive present though, so it might be something they'd do when they've been together for a while.

Do you think they would fight, because of spending so much time (48 hours non-stop) together? :lol:
I'm pretty sure they would fight most of the time, or bicker at least. *puts WC to one side* When they're both feeling OK, they'd wind each other up something rotten. But the making up would be so worth it! :devil: But I'd like to think they'd support each other when it was needed.

maybe if when they're not together Eric could give Ryan a tube of lube (you know as a gag gift) and then Ryan could say: what? you wanna try it out together?
and then .... huh... I am kinda crossing the line here aren't I?

hm... maybe I should write a fic about it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back