Eric/Greg: Szmokin' Hot Pic Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question...out of the 6 pictures that I posted none were deemed good enough for runner up? I'm not trying to start anything, just curious as to why I wasn't listed for participating.
There is nothing that says we have to pick one photo from everyone for a runner's up. Besides I really did not have a lot of time to do that post so I just listed a few and my winner. I usually list a total of 6, since 6 is the max photos we can post in a post, but I was tired just getting home from work and just picked fewer this time. No offense intended, truly. This contest is simply meant for fun just to get more photos posted on the thread overall.

Now for my second set of T's, sorry if there are dupes. Again just home from work and posting blind overall.
Trees
Table
Tank top
taking notes
Teasing
Trial

I have a question...out of the 6 pictures that I posted none were deemed good enough for runner up? I'm not trying to start anything, just curious as to why I wasn't listed for participating.
There is nothing that says we have to pick one photo from everyone for a runner's up. Besides I really did not have a lot of time to do that post so I just listed a few and my winner. I usually list a total of 6, since 6 is the max photos we can post in a post, but I was tired just getting home from work and just picked fewer this time. No offense intended, truly. This contest is simply meant for fun just to get more photos posted on the thread overall.

No there isn't a rule, but giving out honorable mentions w/o a link is at least an option. Being fair and at least giving everyone who worked hard a nod isn't too much to ask.

Wait when did this become a contest? I thought this was merely a fun game, now there seems to be the indication that there has to be competition....:shifty:

Again like I said, I was tired last night (I work a ten hour day) and just did not think to mention everyone who posted. I am sorry you got offended that I did not mention you. You were not the only one I did not mention, just so you know.

And no it really is not a contest, I was wrong to state that it was in my above post. I was the one who said I rather we not pick winners overall and just have everyone rotate and pick themes to post photos of. I did not mean to step on anyone's feet.

Again like I said, I was tired last night (I work a ten hour day) and just did not think to mention everyone who posted. I am sorry you got offended that I did not mention you. You were not the only one I did not mention, just so you know.

No where did I say I was offended. I was simply curious, a rather normal human trait.

I'm simply trying to get this to be as equal and fair as possible so more people join in and don't feel like they are intruding. Or for that matter think that only certain people can play or win.

Well being that I thought I answered your question in my first response, I was thinking that in your second one you were feeling offended. Again, sorry.

And we have always said everyone can post and take part in this game. But still, do we not have a right to pick our actual favorite photos that were posted? I do not go by the posters, but by my favorite photos and whoever just posted those photos tends to be my winners.

Now to be back on topic with the real reason I come to this thread.

And we have always said everyone can post and take part in this game. But still, do we not have a right to pick our actual favorite photos that were posted? I do not go by the posters, but by my favorite photos and whoever just posted those photos tends to be my winners.

See there in lies the issue, there have been a high percentage of the same people winning over and over, favorite photos as the choice is not the point I'm trying to make. The winning is being centered around a small group of people and that might discourage some from participating. And to be honest it's starting to discourage me in wanting to participate, I am in no means saying I want to win all the time but I have sat out themes because I see the patterns.

But I can plainly see that my opinion on how to be more including, no matter how nice I try to be with it, isn't openly welcome.

I just want to jump in here and say firstly that I'm sorry if people are perceiving a pattern in who is winning.

Personally, when I choose a winner, I usually go for my favourite pic. However, I balance that out and if someone hasn't won for a while, or if someone has only recently won, then I might go with my second favourite pic.

The bottom line? ALL the pics posted are favourites, I mean c'mon they are ALL of Eric!!

I also love the idea of having a winner, because even just the idea of 'keeping' Eric/Greg for a day is something to look forward to. It makes my day, makes me smile (or szmile as it were) and I like coming up with fun themes for people to post pictures in.

And that's the point of the game isn't it? Having some fun, a little fantasy and a whole lot of pictures of Eric?

Personally, when I choose a winner, I usually go for my favourite pic. However, I balance that out and if someone hasn't won for a while, or if someone has only recently won, then I might go with my second favourite pic.

The bottom line? ALL the pics posted are favourites, I mean c'mon they are ALL of Eric!!

And that's the point of the game isn't it? Having some fun, a little fantasy and a whole lot of pictures of Eric?
I also pick my pics the way you do too, egeria, maybe picking my second fave photo as winner if my first won recently.

Perhaps we should keep a list of recent winners so we can be sure they don't get picked again, because we do not want to upset the flow.

Again agreeing with you, this is just supposed to be fun and give us the ability to post a bunch of Eric photos based on a theme on a daily basis. Before this there was only a couple of us only posting pics on this thread, now we have many more people coming to it. It's just for fun and to show our love for this man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back