Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #15

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

I've only had time to watch one of these, so I chose 'Post Mortem'. Eric definitely did a good job with portraying Greg's feelings during the inquest; from disbelief at Trueblood's attitude, to masked fear at being confronted by Aaron James in the bathrooms, to looking utterly distraught when Mrs James tells him that he 'didn't run over a mob', just her boy. You could almost see him holding back the tears there.

I loved that Nick and Warrick jumped in to help him by recreating the scene, but I think my favourite scene was the one with Greg and Sofia. It showed how tortured he is over the whole thing, and how she cares about him enough to set him straight. Maybe she was angling to get over to his apartment again, ha ha! I do miss Sofia, by the way - I thought she was a wonderful character.

I also love the music in this episode - 'The Sound Inside' by Breaks Co-op during Nick and Warrick's recreation, 'Word Up' by Willis in Hodges' analysis scene, and my all-time favourite piece of incidental music, the musical-box-y miniature killer theme. It's all great.

One thing I never understood, though. How did Aaron James manage to get his car into the CSI lot? Surely there are security barriers...

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

PM - this was a great episode for Greg, lots of screentime and emotion. I particularly liked the scene between Nick and Warrick in the breakroom and Nick wondering how they could help Greg. Then they ended up re-creating the scene of the accident that ultimately helped Greg's case.

FI - I always like to see Nick and Greg working a case together because up to that point we rarely got to see that happen. I love their interaction.

BS - Another great Greg episode. My fave part was the end where Grissom let us know that Greg told the judge to go easy on Aaron, showed some real class on Greg's part. Also about the Undersherriff, ever since that episode I never could stand the guy and did not trust him plus IMO he came off as a racist. Which was proven when he eventually killed Warrick.

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'm just wondering with Zuiker back, will he be a good writer for Greg? In the past he wrote some pretty decent scenes for Greg back in his lab days. I have a feeling him being back might be good for the show and for Greg.

4. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

I'm hoping so, too. After all, CSI is Zuiker's baby and there's so little of the original cast left. Plus, with the addition of his other baby, Sqweegel, who knows what else he might come up with. Also, I think being so successful, Zuiker might have a little more leverage and more say with TPTB.

Keyword: hopefully.

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

In a recent interview Zuiker said he looks forward to writing for everybody including Eric. (he actually named everyone! except Jorja)

6. Marril96

Marril96 Police Officer

That's great! Maybe we'll see more Greg this season!

7. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Hopefully! And I don't think we'd mind having the old crazy Greggo back either. :(

8. Dizzney

Well so far overall though, we have not had any little bit of Greg spoilers. Hopefully we will hear his name mentioned one of these days soon in a spoiler. Last season he was mentioned a lot in the pre-season.

Otherwise I still cannot wait for the DVD and him finally being on a commentary. :D

9. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

Actually, there doesn't seem to be a lot of main character spoilers. So far we've heard of the supporting cast, but not a lot on the rest. Who knows why. =)

10. Dizzney

That is true, but there have been some spoiler pics with the others.

This week's episodes:
    August 12th Gregisode: Leapin Lizards (Season 7) - Greg gets turned into a lizard. As this is one of Eric's favourites, how could we not watch it?!
    Greg scene: Redrum (Season 7) - Greg works with Sara and Sofia on a case that has them baffled
    Greg scene: Dead Doll (Season 8) - Greg in a helicopter (ok, this one is a stretch so it's open for suggestions too!)

11. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Did somebody say Leapin' Lizards? ''I got my sample!'' line after the bite kills me. And the LOL scene with Cath is great. If there was a LOL Emmy, i am sure Eric would win it!:guffaw: You can see Eric really had fun with the episode. You can see it in his facial expressions, in his voice... also i remember he was talking about the episode in the interview (something like behind the scenes?) ,he was making jokes about Ally Sheedy biting him is a sort of his fantasy and how Ally didn't want to bite because she didn't want to hurt him.
    The episode is after the confrontation in Big Shots. So he still sounds pessimistic a little bit but also having fun with the situation and does his job very well. I love it when Cath said winking ''you are having a great year Greg!'' Yes it was a great seventh season, right?

I didn't watch Redrum today but the helicopter scene in Dead Doll is so cool.I don't know why but his screen time is fantastic(!) in Dead Doll. As a person who is so close with Sara and who has a crush on her, Greg should have had a better part i think.

12. Marril96

Marril96 Police Officer

He definitely would! When I first saw it I was like 'wtf?!' but now I find it funny. I also like the scene where he is dancing with Catherine's evidence on his head. I still can't believe it's the same guy. He changed so much.

13. Dizzney

Yes, I loved Leapin' Lizards because we saw some of our old Greg back. He was able to laugh at himself over all that had happened to him over the past year. And it was nice of Catherine to tell him he was doing a great job. I loved their little flirtation through this episode too. It reminded me of the old days when Greg flirted with her some. And I loved his last scene, how excited he was to tell how he figured out the killer was by turning over the steam cleaner and getting the print.

I was never a fan of any of the Keppler eps, which Redrum was, so not much for me to comment there.

Dead Doll,
    I felt Greg should have been in more since him and Sara have always been so close. I was personally disappointed we never got to see him on the ground in the search in the desert for her. He did look hot in the helicopter scenes but overall I was still disappointed in his screen time in that ep.

14. Marril96

Marril96 Police Officer

How is his screen time in season 10? I'm currently watching it and I would like to know is there something to hope for(that something is more of him, of course :D).

15. Dizzney

His screen time did improve as the season went on, for the most part in Season 10. There were still a few episodes where he lacked much but overall it was better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.