Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Just a thought--the "no fraternization" rule has been around MDPD since the "Freeze Out" episode about the stabbed football player--where, ironically, Eirc spills the beans on Calliegh & Jake.

Just because Stetler went away doesn't mean another tough-talking, ambitious IAB officer might dig up some dirt on the lab all over again. Perhaps even by accident. Supervisor O'Shaea's revenge, perhaps? ;) Eric puts the wrong evidence in the wrong box, send an innocent person to prison?

Just some thoughts.

Just a thought--the "no fraternization" rule has been around MDPD since the "Freeze Out" episode about the stabbed football player--where, ironically, Eirc spills the beans on Calliegh & Jake.

Just because Stetler went away doesn't mean another tough-talking, ambitious IAB officer might dig up some dirt on the lab all over again. Perhaps even by accident. Supervisor O'Shaea's revenge, perhaps? ;) Eric puts the wrong evidence in the wrong box, send an innocent person to prison?

Just some thoughts.
Well.....if you were talking about any other normal tv show, you definitly would be right but oh well we're talking about Miami.
The mere scope of that rule was to break up Jake & Calleigh, nothing more. Right now it doesn't exist anymore and they will never take it into consideration unless they pick up some new writers who are able to write anything w/ some sense :rolleyes:

Just some thoughts.

Actually, Flo is right. The "no fraternization policy" was nothing but a cheap plot device intended to put Calleigh and Jake's relationship to the test and, in the end make Jake look like a "King Jerk" (because he tells Calleigh they need to take a break) while Eric was made to appear as "Prince Charming" (because he tells Calleigh he'd switch to nightshift for her :rolleyes:).

Very contrived and extremely obvious in their intent to stage E/C.

This was actually discussed in some detail in the previous "dislike" thread. So much detail that I remember posting the actual dialogue from that episode.

Deep Freeze

After helping Natalia with her dislocated shoulder, Stetler sees Eric holding her.

Stetler: Delko
Delko: Stetler. What are you sniffing around about?
Stetler: Horatio’s got me working to supersede a court order. Reclaim your frozen football star’s body.
Delko: Working with us for a change.
Stetler: You are aware of the pending new rules regarding fraternization among officers, aren’t you?
Delko: You mean new as in different after you and Yelina Salas?
Stetler: Things have changed. The county’s caving to the state’s pressure on the issue of sexual harassment litigation.
Delko: That’s interesting.
Stetler: The department is redefining its policies on fraternization of officers. You would be best served sharing that with the others in the lab.
Delko: Listen, Stetler. If you have something to say to CSI Du or Detective Berkley. You’d best be served telling them yourself.
Stetler: Duc and Berkley. I was talking about you and Boa Vista. But, thank you.

Delko calls and leaves a message for Calleigh telling her that he thinks he just put her in a jam.

What became the important part of the dialogue above is that Stetler asked Delko if he was aware of "pending" new rules.

Not suprisingly we never heard another thing about the no fraternization policy. Why? Because nothing and no one shall come between E/C!

So that pesky little plot device was gone, never to rear its problematic little head again - let's forget that every law enforcement agency with any credibility HAS a no fraternization policy - especially between a superior and a subordinent.

For me this little seqment was also important as another opportunity to see that for the "new" Calleigh the rules that apply to everyone else, pending or not, simply don't apply to Queen Diva and her boy toy (whoever he may be at the time). After a warning from Stetler about the possibility that her relationship with Jake could result in a problem she ignores him and the warning and carries on with Jake anyway!

Hence the reason that I feel if Horatio attempted to "talk" to Calleigh, she would not only ignore him but would be insulted that he dared hold her to the same standard as everyone else. She is "CALLEIGH". She's special! She has an arrogance now that allows her to feel that she is above compliance with rules the little people must follow. :rolleyes:

Welcome back, Flo. Hope you had a great time. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Isn't it interesting that the one who told them about the no fraternization policy is toiling in jail? Do Eric and Calleigh practice voodoo by any chance?

Isn't it interesting that the one who told them about the no fraternization policy is toiling in jail? Do Eric and Calleigh practice voodoo by any chance?
Also Rebecca Nenvis died while they were arguing and Jake is always his risking his life because of both Calleigh and Eric :lol:

Welcome back, Flo. Hope you had a great time. :thumbsup:
Thanks, I sure had blast :thumbsup:

...Actually, Flo is right. The "no fraternization policy" was nothing but a cheap plot device intended to put Calleigh and Jake's relationship to the test and, in the end make Jake look like a "King Jerk" (because he tells Calleigh they need to take a break) while Eric was made to appear as "Prince Charming" (because he tells Calleigh he'd switch to nightshift for her :rolleyes:).
In hindsight, yes, it was a throwaway line that helped out one particular episode.

Still, I think it's odd that the CSIM writing staff doesn't seem to recall any of these, yet we can.

If you ever watched Seinfeld, minute parts of one show would show up and influence another. "Fusili Jerry," the marble rye, lots of these plot devices showed up years later. I attribute that to a great writing staff.

Sorry for the double post; forgot the spoiler box.

What have you heard about Calleigh and Delko's relationship on CSI: Miami? — Chelsea
ADAM: Sounds like it will be more of the same for Calleighko, who ended last season in a place of uncertainty. But co-executive producer
Barry O'Brien suggests the new season will provide clarity — eventually. "There may be some new elements that threaten their future together," he says. "You can look to Season 9 to clearly define their relationship, but we're going to take them on quite a journey first."

REALLY!!! REALLY!!! How much more of this can we or the show endure..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

^^
That is almost exactly what was said last season ,so it looks as if there will be no changes for season 9 regarding this storyline.We are to see more of the same for the duration of the show.

Still, I think it's odd that the CSIM writing staff doesn't seem to recall any of these, yet we can.
It actually IS odd that the writers can't recall any of these. But nothing from Miami can shock me anymore, really. I've come to think that the only way for them to actually shock me is to actually remember something from the past...this includes separating Calleigh & Eric :rolleyes:

If you ever watched Seinfeld, minute parts of one show would show up and influence another. "Fusili Jerry," the marble rye, lots of these plot devices showed up years later. I attribute that to a great writing staff.
I know what you're talking about and yep Seinfeld had an awesome writing staff, but lots of others TV shows have a great staff....unfortunately Miami hasn't been lucky enough from this POV :rolleyes:

What have you heard about Calleigh and Delko's relationship on CSI: Miami? — Chelsea
ADAM: Sounds like it will be more of the same for Calleighko, who ended last season in a place of uncertainty. But co-executive producer
Barry O'Brien suggests the new season will provide clarity — eventually. "There may be some new elements that threaten their future together," he says. "You can look to Season 9 to clearly define their relationship, but we're going to take them on quite a journey first."

REALLY!!! REALLY!!! How much more of this can we or the show endure..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:
I just read this "spoiler" :)rolleyes:) .....so we'll have to face the two of them exploring their love for another season???? And this the msot juicy scoop they can offer us????? Are we kidding????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I find it utterly insulting they consider us dumb enough to think this is such a juicy scoop and that finally they'll end this storyline. It will never end....NEVER.....and they'll never find a way to resolve it. There will always be more & more useless drama to show how this couple is strong despite what some crazy people migh think of them :shifty:

But oh well this is how the show has been working for years, no original ideas/storylines for the show (for god sake's a man flushed down in a toilet isn't original....it's crap :lol:), no character development unsell they want to make the character totally OOC (out of character) and total disaster when it's time to build a romantic relationship....so what should I expect from it for the next season!!!!! :rolleyes:

So this E/C crappy storyline will NEVER end.:(

:wtf:The writers have to step up their game and deliver next season with more original stories not ugly romantic relationships.

so we'll have to face the two of them exploring their love for another season????
I would like the writers and TPTB to explore something really wild,different and unheard of. Something they haven't thought of,like maybe one or two of the other characters.

It actually IS odd that the writers can't recall any of these. But nothing from Miami can shock me anymore, really. I've come to think that the only way for them to actually shock me is to actually remember something from the past...this includes separating Calleigh & Eric :rolleyes:

Continuity has always been a difficult ... no, actually a foreign concept for the writers and showrunner of this show in the last 4 or 5 years. It's like they have no idea of the original concept of the show, nor have they taken the time to find out anything at all about the characters they write for.

[I know what you're talking about and yep Seinfeld had an awesome writing staff, but lots of others TV shows have a great staff....unfortunately Miami hasn't been lucky enough from this POV :rolleyes:

Yep. There are a lot of shows out there that are excellent examples of writers who are clearly paying close attention to not only the history of the show, but care about where their show is going and keeping it honest and true to itself. Unfortunately that is NOT true of CSI Miami.

ADAM: Sounds like it will be more of the same for Calleighko, who ended last season in a place of uncertainty. But co-executive producer Barry O'Brien suggests the new season will provide clarity — eventually. "There may be some new elements that threaten their future together," he says. "You can look to Season 9 to clearly define their relationship, but we're going to take them on quite a journey first."

I just read this "spoiler" :)rolleyes:) .....so we'll have to face the two of them exploring their love for another season???? And this the msot juicy scoop they can offer us????? Are we kidding????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, let's face it. The most vocal elements over the past several years HAVE led TPTB to believe that this type of jerking the fans round is not only acceptable, but desirable. The "tease" is supposed to keep everyone coming back for more. Eric and Calleigh are just so interesting and so irresistable you just HAVE to watch! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The loss of viewers in the last 4 seasons blows that theory out of the water. :scream:

I find it utterly insulting they consider us dumb enough to think this is such a juicy scoop and that finally they'll end this storyline. It will never end....NEVER.....and they'll never find a way to resolve it. There will always be more & more useless drama to show how this couple is strong despite what some crazy people migh think of them :shifty:

It is extremely insulting that they believe they can continue to give us the same hype, year after year, and we'll be "just sooooo excited" and continue to watch.

Eva, bless her heart (it's not like she has a whole lot to work with at this point - she's just trying to do her job and get people to watch for pity's sake!), tells us that there is every reason to watch season 9. Afterall, Rodriguez is back! I'm sorry, but when did he leave? :confused: He was annoyingly present most of seaon 8. He never really left and a lot of us don't find his return a good thing.

[But oh well this is how the show has been working for years, no original ideas/storylines for the show (for god sake's a man flushed down in a toilet isn't original....it's crap :lol:), no character development unsell they want to make the character totally OOC (out of character) and total disaster when it's time to build a romantic relationship....so what should I expect from it for the next season!!!!! :rolleyes:

I was so hoping that TPTB would take the onslaught of criticism from last season to heart and bring in some fresh writers ... or better yet, bring back some of the previous writers who know and care about these characters and this show. Especially with the ratings slide and the move to a new night. Something needs to change if they want to keep this show on the air.

This show is stagnate. The ratings indicate what they are doing ISN'T working. E/C being the driving force behind this show isn't working. A lot of people are bored and a lot of people are frustrated with the E/C freaking dance! I can't fathom that anyone is enjoying this aspect of the show any longer, but that doesn't mean that there aren't some who aren't enjoying the "tease." :rolleyes:

They need some fresh, original ideas. And from the PR they're putting out there, those of us who have been saying it's all going to be the same old, same old this season are right.

Anyone want to bet that by the end of the season E/C will still be trying to find their "defining moment''? :scream:

I would like the writers and TPTB to explore something really wild,different and unheard of. Something they haven't thought of,like maybe one or two of the other characters.

:guffaw: Wouldn't THAT be a change of pace? :guffaw: I suppose anything is possible, but I'm not totally convinced that the writers remember they HAVE more than the two characters they've been focused on.

Last edited:
Afterall, Rodriguez is back! I'm sorry, but when did he leave? :confused: He was annoyingly present most of seaon 8. He never really left and a lot of us don't find his return a good thing.
Exactly! I watched that clip "take a look back at the season" and he was in nearly every segment -- absent, my ass.

What's interesting is that I just read an interview with the producer from 'Criminal Minds' and he talked about how challenging it is going into the 6th season & remaining fresh - noting that every show at this age needs fresh faces for the established characters to bounce off of.
'Miami' had this chance & they've now thrown it out the window.....and all they have to tease us with is more e/c news that's no different than anything they've said the past 3 seasons. Not exactly what anyone is looking forward to....they'll just never learn. :rolleyes:

Back