Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Yeah, I feel the same way about this. I'm also wondering if it was not the show's runners who made this decision, but CBS themselves that said no to it?

I think that is a strong possibility, GNRF. CBS seems to know exactly what they want this season for their shows and they don't seem to be in the mood to negotiate or reverse decisions once they are made.

AJ Cook still breaks my heart! :( :( More so than Melina because AJ didn't elect to leave. I'll miss both desperately.

It's still to be seen if CBS sticks to their guns, however, or if Procter's pregnancy is being written into the show as we speak! They may just think they are being oh so clever and keeping it quiet so everyone will surprised! :rolleyes: :scream: I'm nauseous just thinking about what they could be intending and/or hiding.

I don't believe anything CBS, or most especially TPTB at CSI Miami, say anymore.

Well now that Procter has announced that she DID want the pregnacy written into the show ... she has sounded the call to action for her supporters!

About as subtle as a 2 X 4! :lol:

So now the petition and online harassment will start (I stand corrected. I have been reliably informed it HAS already started!) as her supporters DEMAND that Calleigh be pregnant on the show - afterall ... Procter WANTS it! :rolleyes:

Lord have mercy! Does it ever end! :scream:

Not as long as this show has life. Glad to see I wasn't the only one to pick up on EP's comments:rolleyes:. Congrats to EP and I hope her pregnancy goes well.

I am not holding my breath, but I hope, as well as the rest, tptb stick to their guns and don't write the pregnancy in. That is all the show needs more E/C drama and even less of everyone else:scream::brickwall:

EP may be glad in a few months that it wasn't written in; as Jag Lady so wisely stated, she is in her 40's now and the old one is the harder the pregnancy can be.

Noticed that certain others are back to telling us to shut up and if we don't like it we don't have to watch. Getting pretty tired of that I must admit. I had to leave that thread before I blew a cork.

Hey everyone,
Sorry to interrupt, but I just wanted to see if I'm absolutely crazy here.There's a new debate going on in the "truce" thread (that name seems to be pretty moot at this point) about whether or not Eric has made "smarmy" comments about his sex life w/Calleigh. Now I'm pretty damn sure I've heard him say stuff more than once, and the "But it keeps happening" line stands out to me, but E/C fans are swearing they've never heard Eric do that. Can anyone help me out w/this b/c I am just catching up on things and can't remember specifically where this came out - thanks!

Hey everyone,
Sorry to interrupt, but I just wanted to see if I'm absolutely crazy here.There's a new debate going on in the "truce" thread (that name seems to be pretty moot at this point) about whether or not Eric has made "smarmy" comments about his sex life w/Calleigh. Now I'm pretty damn sure I've heard him say stuff more than once, and the "But it keeps happening" line stands out to me, but E/C fans are swearing they've never heard Eric do that. Can anyone help me out w/this b/c I am just catching up on things and can't remember specifically where this came out - thanks!

It's kinda of mute at this point, hon. That thread has been closed.

However, referring to what's supposed to be their epic lovemaking as "it" pretty much sumed up for me that the nomance was nothing but bad sex.

I also seem to remember him making some off-the-cuff inappropriate comment as she was walking away from him in the lab and saying she was going home to take a nap (????) about saving something for him??? ~shrug~

To be honest, I try really hard to block out their supposed "cutsie" moments as I find them pretty gag inducing myself.

But I'll keep thinking. :)

BTW, miamirocks, if I've never mentioned it before, I LOVE your avatar. Mulder and Scully *sigh*. How perfect were they? And while at the time of the hug between Horatio and Calleigh I thought it was a perfect moment of mutual support between two close friends, I would cringe if Calleigh even attempted to hug Horatio now ... and I honestly don't think he'd offer at this point either!

Hey everyone,

You're not crazy, hon. He did make some rather questionable comments...however, everyone reads into it differently & sees it thier own way. Some thought it was "cute" -- I personally thought it seemed that he was trying to avoid having a real conversation about thier 'relationship'.
The line you mentioned in your post isn't really what stood out to me, it was what he said after when she said they "needed to talk about it" -- he just says "your place or mine" and walks away. Translation: I don't want to talk about the relationship, I only want to :censored:!

BTW, did anyone think Adam Rodriguez lacked some enthusiasm in his recent interview when answering the e/c question? Maybe it was just me, but it almost seems as if he's just as bored as we are with this storyline.

And just a short note to TPTB: derail the "train" ... for the love of God, for the sake of my sanity, for the sake of this show surviving another season....DERAIL the train. Please and thank you. ;)

Anybody taking bets as to whether or not Emily will try to squeeze those swollen feet into 6" stilettos? So I guess the black catsuits are out this season (maybe).
I recall they only filmed Anna Belknap above the chest while she was pregnant on CSINY. They blended her maternity leave into a trip back to Montana to testify in a cold case murder trial.

BTW, did anyone think Adam Rodriguez lacked some enthusiasm in his recent interview when answering the e/c question? Maybe it was just me, but it almost seems as if he's just as bored as we are with this storyline.

And just a short note to TPTB: derail the "train" ... for the love of God, for the sake of my sanity, for the sake of this show surviving another season....DERAIL the train. Please and thank you. ;)

Yes, I do agree he didn't seem as enthusiastic as he has in the past. (I was going to comment on this when I had a little more time tonight.)

Describing what he thinks they'll do with the nomance as, "they are going to ride that train until they figure out a way to derail it or pull it into the station."

"ride that train"? Is that any way to refer to the epic nomance of the century? :lol:

Not only that but, "Prodigal's son?". :rolleyes: Whatever. There were a whole lot of fans that were happy to see him go for a number of reasons - and they are just as unhappy to see him return.

Just because some fans made a lot of noise about wanting him back, and THEY were the fan element that the press elected to give a voice, doesn't mean everyone is happy by any means.

And if they were such a close family, how is it that Procter was able to "surprise" them with her pregnancy? Nobody talked to or saw her during the entire hiatus? Yeah, a close family my eye! :rolleyes: That boat don't float anymore. Most of us know better at this point!

Hey everyone,

You're not crazy, hon. He did make some rather questionable comments...however, everyone reads into it differently & sees it thier own way. Some thought it was "cute" -- I personally thought it seemed that he was trying to avoid having a real conversation about thier 'relationship'.
The line you mentioned in your post isn't really what stood out to me, it was what he said after when she said they "needed to talk about it" -- he just says "your place or mine" and walks away. Translation: I don't want to talk about the relationship, I only want to :censored:!

I thought I was the only one who felt he wasn't at all thrilled with another discussion on the topic. I have a sense AR doens't want to be defined by this horrible train wreck; I can't say that I blame him.

If only tptb could have just had them have an office fling and left it at that; but nooo... they had to continue to torture us with all the drama. I think it is about time the train was derailed

As far as the smarmy comments; IDK. I tend to tune out when they come on the screen and not listen to their conversations; praying all the time I don't miss anything; anything of importance that is.

Not only that but, "Prodigal's son?". :rolleyes: Whatever. There were a whole lot of fans that were happy to see him go for a number of reasons - and they are just as unhappy to see him return.

I know. :rolleyes: Jeez AR, narcissist much? The best eps of S8 were the ones he WASN'T in, IMO. :p

I found it strange that Adam thought writing in a pregnancy would be abrupt and that there wasn't enough build up to a pregnancy and that Emily wanted the pregnancy written in.Surely the writers and TPTB had the same thought.

Well now that Procter has announced that she DID want the pregnacy written into the show ... she has sounded the call to action for her supporters!

About as subtle as a 2 X 4! :lol:

So now the petition and online harassment will start (I stand corrected. I have been reliably informed it HAS already started!) as her supporters DEMAND that Calleigh be pregnant on the show - afterall ... Procter WANTS it! :rolleyes:

Gee, anybody else not see that one coming?

I know. :rolleyes: Jeez AR, narcissist much? The best eps of S8 were the ones he WASN'T in, IMO. :p

That is so true. S8 did have some good ones, to be fair, but The Romance That Ate CSI Miami totally ruined it toward the end of the year.

I had to make a furtive trip to the bathroom when one fan wrote "Eric and Calleigh are a committed couple now...." :guffaw::rolleyes::wtf::angryrazz:

I had to make a furtive trip to the bathroom when one fan wrote "Eric and Calleigh are a committed couple now...." :guffaw::rolleyes::wtf::angryrazz:
:brickwall:It does put the gag reflexes into overdrive, doesn't it? Not only TPTB and other cast members, but even the occasional viewer who was never committed to CSI M have been sickened by it.

That is so true. S8 did have some good ones, to be fair, but The Romance That Ate CSI Miami totally ruined it toward the end of the year.

They did, didn't they? I loved Kyle and Horatio in "Dishonor" and Ryan and Natalia in "Count Me Out". The "Three Musketeers" and Jesse and Walter treating Ryan as a friend and an equal.

I hope that Walter continues to be close to Ryan and that friendship continues to grow. Ryan will need one when E/C start going all judgmental on him again.

If, most likely WHEN that happens, I'd love to see Horatio finally stomp on Eric and Calleigh. Perhaps he could tell them to look in the freaking mirror before they even START their holier than thou crap again and point out how they've screwed up a whole lot more than Ryan. The difference being that Ryan took responsibility, paid for each infraction, and did what was required to get back.

Eric and Calleigh have never be held responsbility for all of the crap they've pulled.

They are? When the heck did that happen? :wtf: I know I try to ignore them, but ... oh, wait a minute. That's right. They're committed to "IT" and doing "IT" badly. :rolleyes: I remember now! :guffaw:

I'd love to see Horatio finally stomp on Eric and Calleigh. Perhaps he could tell them to look in the freaking mirror before they even START their holier than thou crap again and point out how they've screwed up a whole lot more than Ryan.

I think I smell a fanfic coming on. Cause God knows that's the only way this will ever happen.

I'd love to see Horatio finally stomp on Eric and Calleigh. Perhaps he could tell them to look in the freaking mirror before they even START their holier than thou crap again and point out how they've screwed up a whole lot more than Ryan.

I think I smell a fanfic coming on. Cause God knows that's the only way this will ever happen.

Oooh. Looking forward to it! Go girl! :thumbsup:

Back