Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Happy Birthday GreatFan!

I'm starting to think Eric should be renamed Jason. If anybody remembers Jason in the old Friday the 13th movies? Every time he got killed he came back? I'm starting to think you could keep putting rounds in Eric's head and he's just gonna keep coming back! :wtf:

2. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

There's an idea! His appearances are certainly a nightmare!

At this point they couldn't kill Calleigh, Eric or both off soon enough for me. This tired, same old story is such a yawn-feast it's no wonder the ratings are in trouble.

They get rid of characters with interesting story potential (Rick was never used properly) and other characters are pushed to the background. Even people who don't watch the show are calling it a soap opera based upon what they hear about this show.

It's too bad really. They had a chance to bring the show back up to its past above average story telling. Instead they decided to again make E/C the focus. What a shame.

3. Court

Court Prime Suspect

And they did it yet again. :scream: I am so sick of the final scenes of these eps having to be all about E/C. It's ridiculous. "Time Bomb" was nothing more than another pathetic vehicle for this boring nomance. Once again an episode with so much potential ruined, IMO.

They just had to end it with E/C. That made so much sense. Ryan went to jail. Horatio's former girlfriend got blown to kingdom come. Not to mention the fact that this is the way they chose to take down Stetler? And TPTB thought the best way to end this episode is with E/C gazing out into the sunset? Ugh. :brickwall:

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

What a fu**ing joke! :scream: I just wanted to run up behind them & kick 'em both into the ocean....complete with chains & anchors of course. :evil:

5. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

The closing dialogue of tonight's episode provides the best glimpse yet into Season 9. For those growing numbers who are sickened by the nomance, I'd find another activity to occupy the time slot formerly reserved for viewing CSI Miami.

6. Court

Court Prime Suspect

Yes! :thumbsup: Now that is the kind of ending I could get behind.

7. slower

slower Lab Technician

OMG, I could not even post over in the "Time Bomb" thread. There was so much gushing about E/C I thought I was going to hurl.:scream:

MJ I am so with you about kicking those two into the ocean, I'd even provide the sharks.

Togo gets an episode to shine and we are overloaded with this crap.:brickwall::censored:

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I'm watching the episode right and I'm gonna comment it immediatly.

First of all.....we have some sort of rewind trick so that TPTB could show us how Calleigh doesn't trust Eric and how in the hell she got in that mess we saw last week. Yep she followed her lover (btw he certainly didn't see that hummer behind him all the way long the whole time :rolleyes:) and immediatly starts arguing when she catches up with him in that park (the dog-waste sign was hilarious :guffaw:) and then we have the explosion which is completely different from the previous episode since this time Eric saved his sorry ass because he went back to go on arguing with Calleigh while poor Rebecca Nenvins was still waiting for him :rolleyes:...OFC this time Calleigh and Eric are caught by the explosion as well and Calleigh runs towards...Eric to check on him!!!! Worst beginning of an episode ever. Poor Rebecca was left there...dead...who cares about her, uh? :rolleyes:

Their second argument of the day...if it hadn't been for Natalia, it would have been totally pathetic....oh well it was pathetic :rolleyes:....also I still can't believe they all can investigate on this!!!! AHHHH give me something to beat TPTB up!!!! :scream::scream::scream::scream:

Also I'm sick and tired of Eric. I really can't stand his presence anymore, even if it were for a damn funeral!!!! He's really spying his own team and now he can actually work with them as if anything was going on??? How in the hell can he do whatever he wants whenever he wants???

The third pathetic E/C drama moment is when they finally reached Ryan's house...."thanks a lot" I think it speaks high volumes on how Calleigh and Eric (along with the others, though I saw Walter and Natalia trying to actually help Ryan) defended him :rolleyes:

Last but not least, their ending scene....did they really have to shoot it? Seriously, Ryan gets in jail...poor Rebecca is dead and she only gets an autopsy (btw best scene of the whole episode along with Ryan's arrest), Natalia and Walter step up for Ryan, Natalia breaks the case and the glory goes to Eric who can celebrate with Calleigh????? STOP IT ALREADY!!!! KILL THEM OFF!!!! :scream::scream::scream:

This episode was ridiculously insane!!! I've seriously come to the conclusion that TPTB consider their fan just a bunch of retarded people :rolleyes:

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

You and my husband, darlin'! That is EXACTLY what he said in that scene. "Some investigator! He can't see that department Hummer following him. What a loser!" :lol:

My thoughts exactly. But then again we are forgetting that EVERYTHING on CSI Miami now centers on Eric and Calleigh. No one else matters. It's important to remember that or you'll get lost worrying about other characters and how the story affects them. Try to stay focused, Flo! :rolleyes: It's the Eric and Calleigh show now!

What's really sad is that the OTHER characters are the only redeeming feature on the show and they are constantly being pushed to the background and being made to play second to the gruesome two-some! These actors are SAVING these contrived, pathetic scenes and they get no credit at all from TPTB or from fans so focused on E/C they see no other element to a scene, story or episode. :scream:

Come on, Flo! You know both Eric and Calleigh are telfon coated. Nothing, and I mean absolutely NOTHING sticks. They are cottled, protected and babied. They are the STARS and everyone else are just lackeys there to support them. :scream:

Yep. Again good ol' Calleigh let Ryan down. "I don't know." Really! She couldn't respond with something supportive like, "Ryan, we're going to figure this out." Something to make him feel not so betrayed and alone. Nice job again, Ice Queen!

And Eric, I just want him to die already and take Calleigh with him. Neither one add anything of substance or quality to the show. The take away any credibility CSI Miami has left by their mere presence. :scream:

I already have, inthewind. I'm part of the growing numbers watching Castle. And if that gets old there are many, many much more interesting things then watching this nomance stink up the screen - like watching my dog take a dump!

I can't comment on the rest here because I haven't seen it. But I WILL get back to ya!
    -------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Your husband is certainly smart :lol::thumbsup:

Whoever watched "The Pretender" long time ago will know what I'm going to say ;) .
    You can't compare Calleigh Duquesne to Miss Parker (the woman who was defined the "IceQueen" on that show) because at least Miss Parker had both a conscience and a heart....not to mention she had a brain which didn't melt down because of relationship :rolleyes:. When a friend of her (mr. Broots) was in big trouble (by big I mean he was chased by some bad guys who wanted him dead) and no one at the "Centre" defended him because he was considered expandable....she defended him, she tried to help him and took care of his daugher (hiding her from the bad guy as well) instead of twiddling her thumbs!!!!! Thank god she was the IceQueen :lol:

That is to say that Calleigh has just become insensitive and cold on whatever doesn't concern her relationship with Eric. I mean Ryan was arrested and a very close friend of Horatio, who happens to be her boss, died. Not only we didn't get to see Horatio actually grieving on his loss ('cause I will never believe Rebecca's death didn't actually affect him....for god's sake he had a relationship with her!!!), but she wasn't concerned about Horatio's state of mind, she wasn't concerned about him (in s2 she soooo would have asked him how did he feel!!!!), but she also ignores Ryan's pleas because the whole time she was concerned about the fact Eric Delko had a damn wire??????

The more I watch the show and Calleigh, the more I keep asking myself "was Miss Parker the real IceQueen"? I'd rather see Miss Parker than Calleigh Duquesne right now :p

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

And this is what pissed me off the most. TPTB have it in thier minds that the only thing fans cared about was whether or not Calleigh could forgive Dipshit. Please. How about Horatio and the big whoop-dee-doo betrayal....this was supposed to be all about the affect it had on him, yet there was not much there as far as I could see. Seeing HIM effected at the end of this episode would have been more fitting & something I'd like to have seen, not E/C.
    Ryan -- the guy was shit on by Stetler! All they show of him at the end is him shaking Eric's hand....the focus went right back to freaking Delko! What I'd have wanted to see -- Ryan back at his house along with his colleagues helping him get his apartment back in order. Great team moment totally wasted.
    Natalia/Walter -- hey, I happen to care about Natalia & Walter & the fact that Walter was upset that she knew. I would even have accepted a nod or a wink saying, hey, we're cool. But no, nothing!

All these things could have been incorporated into the ending. What we wound up with was a very pathetic look at Eric and Calleigh "making up" (which reminded me of 2 teenage friends, btw).

Another thing -- Calleigh is becoming more and more worthless in this show. For someone who is supposed to be the lead female, she certainly doesn't play the part. Here they are taking down a member of thier own department, a co-worker's been tragically killed, and a friend/co-worker has been framed..... & as lead female/second-in-command, her priority is Eric, his wire, & thier relationship. I don't even recall seeing her lift a finger to help solve the case. Even when Rick is being hauled away with the whole team standing there watching his walk-of-shame, Calleigh of course is just standing there looking at the back of Eric the entire time. Just absolutely pathetic.

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Not that the enitre episode was good ('cause I'll repeat it....except for Ryan's arrest and Rebecca's autopsy it was just awful), but this certainly was the worst part of it.

You just can't come and tell me there wasn't E/C over load 'cause all what Calleigh was concerned about was Eric (everyone else was non-existent...I think her reaction to the explosion spoke high volumes as well) who, in my opinion, doesn't deserve it...at all!!! :rolleyes:

13. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I have to agree that the end of this episode was a missed opportunity. Why ohh why show Calleigh and Eric as the last scene. So that was supposed to be the most important part of the episode, despite the fact that poor Ryan had been arrested.
    MJ- I agree that a more appropriate ending would have been the team clearing up at Ryan's. It would have shown proper team spirit, and making up for the fact that they had messed up hi place. No- we have the two of them, it was bad enough that they took up all the opening scne, TPTB have to give them they end as well (oh and I also wondered how Eric could have missed that bloody great hummer following him down the street!)
    I wasnt impressed by the fact that Stetler was the culprit, and then to top it off we have to put up with a boring romance scene. hmm

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree that the closing would have been a great opportunity for a team moment,and would have been more appropriate.The team moment would have worked great with out E/C being present too.If not a team moment,Horatio and Frank just having a quiet discussion.We could have seen more of Horatio's feelings and reactions to the entire situation.

15. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I agree with all of the above; this was wrong on so many levels. Looks like Eric can go everywhere. And Calleigh, why were you so worried about him wearing a wire; don't you want to treasure those moments forever, or are you afraid they'll end up on YouTube?

Love him or hate him, one of their own was just hauled away as a dirty cop. People outside LE don't realize just how traumatic that is.

Same here. Pulling out my S1 and S2 of Miami and watching some old DuCaine and getting some inspiration for my fanfics from there. Then again, I hope someone can get a screen shot of the dog waste sign above Calleigh's head. If you ask me, that was the highlight of that whole epi! :guffaw: