Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sorry, had to deal with some very petty people at work today.

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Hope you have a better evening.Petty people tend to ruin things for the entire day at work. Got anything planned to cheer yourself up?

3. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Might throw on my S2 dvd's. How about a little H/Stetler headbutting? :drool: Or maybe work on my Ryan/Emmie fanfic some more. (Greatfan, your avatar is a great inspiration!)

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I love your Ryan/Emmie fanfic! Season 2 DVD's are great.There was great team dynamics and you didn't have to bother with E/C nomance nonsense. I think I'll dig my out and watch my next day off.
    Thanks about the avatar, I think it's very appropriate. Jon looks great,healthy too.

5. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

You know, I have been giving that question some thought and sure as hell would have benefited the "other" characters if he had:

Frank: we learned a lot about him in the first couple of seasons (he had a wife who set him up in Bait and a couple of kids) and *poof* nothing. He could face a child crisis ala Jim Brass of the original CSI. I would love to know if he is indeed from Texas and how he got to Miami. Frank is tough, loyal and witty and deserves more air time.

Natalia: Of the three she has gotten the most storylines (mole, abusive ex) but her's are all or nothing; she either has a storyline or vitually disappears from the screen. IMHO, when she is on she commands the screen; Nat is smart, compassionate to the victims and coworkers and does a very good job of thinking outside of the box. And the most neglected character of all.....

Ryan: he might as well been dropped off on earth from the mothership for all we know of him. Where is he from? How did he get to Miami? What in his childhood caused him to become such a "lone wolf" (pun intended)? When his "in the past" part was cut from Out of Time it indictated to me that tptb considered Ryan a insignificant secondary character. His main contributions lately have been accompanying others to crime scenes, saying and doing stupid things and getting into trouble every season. When he does get a chance be in the forefront and shine, it is overshadowed by E/C angst and drama.:brickwall: Jonathan Togo, IMO, is a gifted actor who has made Ryan a complex interesting character with many good qualities. His talents are being wasted on this show.

Even Horatio who has had more storylines than everyone else put together (not complaining, I love to watch him and it is David Caruso's show), has been pushed to the background this season for Yo Yo man and his main squeeze.

Speaking of trouble, it brings up an big issue for me as a Ryan Wolfe fan; heaven forbid Mr and Mrs Perfect get into an trouble:scream:!! Eric has been in enough trouble to get himself fired several times over and didn't Calleigh destroy evidence in a crime scene? I don't care if it was to save her butt; she was basically given a pass while Ryan who HELD BACK evidence to save the life of a small boy (take a wild guess which I think was more heroic and selfless) had his throat jumped down and ostracized. We won't even mention the 8-10 hours of beatings and torture faced by Ryan while the love birds seemingly humped like crazed rabbits. Excuse me tptb, your bias is showing.

To answer your question Jag Lady it would have been better for the show overall if they killed Eric off. In the non-Eric eppies, I was seeing an improvement; better team unity, Jesse and Walter bringing a breath of fresh air (and friends for Ryan) to the show. With Eric coming back I fear it will be back to same old same old; division in the ranks, little emphasis on the science and poor Ryan on the outside looking. Eric and Calleigh together, taking over the show again, shoving everyone to the background for that poorly written, frankly unnecessary nomance, and separate seeing neither make a poor decision, called on the carpet or held accountable for their actions and the biggest problem they have is selecting drapes for their bedroom windows.

TPTB need to remove their heads from their rear ends and take the pulse of the whole fanbase and not just a select few.

Nuff said.

6. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

In Pirated, Frank said he'd lived in Miami all his life (thought I agree; he sure doesn't sound like it!)

Ryan had an uncle we never saw in Crime Wave.

Even Maxine did well with what little real screen time she had in Internal Affairs.

Now that you mention it, MiamiWolfe, really just about everybody became a supporting cast to E/C. Horatio would move Heaven and Earth for Yelina and Ray Jr, Suzy and Madison, and they've dropped off the face of the earth.

*sigh* I'm going to work on TWO Ryan/Emmie fanfics at once. I miss our smart, sweet young CSI!

7. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

As always MiamiWolfe your posts always leave me going wow. :) (Not that her posts are the only ones that make me go wow, of course everyone else has awesome posts too! :thumbsup:) *coughs* anyways.
    I have to agree with this. Like many people, I think his character should have died in "Man Down" like TPTB's original intentions. It definitely would have saved us all of this trouble. But since that didn't work out (obviously) another good solution would have been to kill him off during his second bullet in the brain experience. :rolleyes: Since THIS didn't happen, I'm SURE there will be another bullet in the head experience so maybe they'll kill him off then... But alas, I'm sure they won't. Just another excuse for some amazing E/C scenes. [/sarcasm] Oh man, why am I giving TPTB more "original" stories. :rolleyes: Don't take that seriously TPTB :lol:
    Why do I feel like this episode is going to circle around Eric wearing the wires at him and calleigh's house? :rolleyes: I feel like Ryan, even if this IS his story, will be pushed to the backburner. I know in the Canadian promo it was said that someone was trying to assasinate Eric (another original idea right?) so I have a FEELING it will revolve around that and Calleigh's desperate "pleas" saying "Oh eric please go somewhere safe and blah blah blah.. Well Eric DON'T LISTEN TO HER. Go ahead get shot and get killed no one really cares anymore. But I know he won't get killed because we're stuck with this E/C crap for ANOTHER season... Joy to the world... :shifty:
    With regards to Ryan, I remember somewhere that it was said that Ryan was from Boston? I don't know it was from another forum I think.. We also know that he has a niece, but I have to be frank (no pun intended there) that we know next to nothing about him... I've been waiting (so have many fans) for 5 seasons just to learn about him. ANYTHING. And we get what? "Oh I have a niece thanks for buying her an ipod calleigh" GEEZ. TPTB listened to the fans about Eric's returnal and the whole E/C deal (I'm not saying that's the primary reason for E/C, I'm not pointing fingers!!!), god forbid they listen to RYAN fans and give THEM what they want.... I'm sure that there are PLENTY of Ryan fans who are sick of the way the writers treat him. I say give him the respect he deserves! Same goes for Natalia, Horatio and Frank! Alright, I've said my bit. Now I must await Monday's episode to see what the writers have done. Hopefully nothing too "mushy"... But I'm not going to get my hopes up.

8. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

so I have a FEELING it will revolve around that and Calleigh's desperate "pleas" saying "Oh eric please go somewhere safe and blah blah blah.. Well Eric DON'T LISTEN TO HER. Go ahead get shot and get killed no one really cares anymore. But I know he won't get killed because we're stuck with this E/C crap for ANOTHER season...

:guffaw::lol::guffaw::lol::guffaw::lol: Ain't that the lovin' truth??

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Actually we also know that he lost all of his savings thanks to the man who got flushed down in the toilet (Howard Burgess) :lol:

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, his part was edited/delated 'cause TPTB realized that anything they had written for teenager Ryan would have been sooo wrong, especially to the audience who has been watching the show since its very first episode. It would have been too odd to make people believe Ryan Wolfe had actually met Calleigh Duquesne, even before his famous seminar during which she was his teacher, and had completely forgotten about her. They may also didn't find the actor who was gonna portray chubby Ryan getting obes with some snacks at the vending machine :lol:.

As for the rest of your posts on Ryan, I can only agree with you.

Yo Yo man :guffaw::guffaw:

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:even if he gets shot, another time, he will survive...not matter how. For god's sake this man has more holes in his whole body than the groviera cheese :guffaw:

But we already know that we won't even have the pleasure of watching Eric Delko struggling to survive :rolleyes::lol:

10. slower

slower Lab Technician

Oh my gosh they are already starting to take over the "Time Bomb" thread with their worry over this crappy nomance. Once again it is going to be centered aroud them with the discussion being about their almost break-up over Erics actions.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Why for once can't they focus on the rest of the story? Enough of my mini-rant. Can't tonight wait utill.

I didn't know if I had to put this in a spoiler box; so I did anyway.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I've seen the worry over the effect everything supposedly has on E/C,nothing else is important.The fact that someone died,Ryan is arrested,the whole lab is under suspicion apparently pales in comparision to E/C. OMG,OMG,they may break up over this.Too bad one of them wasn't blown up with Rebecca,I could gleefuly mourn with them.

12. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

That's right; Frank did, my bad.

And Ryan's uncle was never mentioned again, except in the eppie Darkroom where he mentioned his uncle (same one:confused:) was a safecracker)

TPTB have made it storyline #1 and everything else be damned.

It is such bits and pieces that don't really add to much, and between that and the "let's have Ryan in trouble again", he doesn't get the respect he deserves. Maybe we Ryan fans need to yell louder; maybe we can drown out the other faction.

Ooops! My bad again. Thanks Flo!!

Again, you are so right:thumbsup:. I guess since Ryan doesn't seem to get much respect, it seemed like another example of it.

:guffaw::lol::guffaw:Boy does that bring up an image!!

Boy if they were, wouldn't have that been sweet. But then the survivor would take up the majority of the screentime, mourning the "love of their life" and again the rest would only be there to support them:scream:.

What bothers me is this could be Jon's eppie to shine and again he and everyone else takes a back seat to this idiocy. But to the shippers, nothing else DOES matter. I wonder for the sake of my gag reflex if I should record, watch and fast forward through that mess?

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I may be too optimistic, I may tend to see the best in people and things in general, but what I'm seeing is rather refreshing to me.
    What I'm currently seeing is more and more people complaining on the whole E/C drama even if they support it...not because they've come to their senses since I'm quite sure none of them will change their minds (quite evenly since it's their own and personal opinion), but because, even if we know for sure Ryan will be arrested, Rebecca died because of that blast, Sully will have an eventful day (thanks to that behind the scenes clip) and they still have to find out who the traitor is, we all have been given that kind of promotion this episode actually didn't deserve. The promo and the interview on the CSI:Files showed us how all of this might affect E/C....well ten all I have to say is "who cares?".

But all the people who enjoy the E/C romance are getting tired of the drama, from which this couple has been made.....if the entire show goes on like this and tends to rotate on the whole E/C drama, be assured people will get tired also of the romance and will give up watching the show....for good.

This, IMO, even if it is terrible to say 'cause I can understand when your ship gets what you feel it doesn't deserve, is actually refreshing and it was about time 'cause WE ALL are tired of the drama. We're sick and tired of it and it doesn't belong to this show...no matter from which POV we're stating this.

The show has come to the so-called point of non return: will they go on with the drama? And rest assured this will mean the end of the show. Or will they change any of this mess, finally make up their mind and kill any of the two of them? Let's see what happens :shifty:

miamiwolfe ain't that a great picture? :guffaw:

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Actually, I've been waiting for a moment like this for a long time....Eric is finally going to get dumped on! I mean no disrespect, but everyone must face consequences & the one thing that's really bothered me about Delko these last 3/4 seasons is his "Look at me, I pee holy water" attitude. I can handle flaws, I actually prefer them over perfection, but I can't stand it when a character refuses to acknowledge they're wrong -- Eric and Calleigh have both been guilty of this. So, I will try my best to overlook the unnecessary e/c drama in this episode -- I'll get my jollies from watching everyone push Prince Charming off his horse & onto his a$$. ;)

ETA: Happy Birthday, Greatfan. Hope you have a good one, sweetie!

15. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree with you totally, MJ. But keep in mind that the writers of this show will not do anything that makes Eric or Calleigh have to face consequences for their bad decisions and actions. So don't get your hopes up about seeing Eric having to take any responsibility for any of his actions.

I'm thinking I'll be watching Castle and recording CSI Miami. I have a feeling it will be an E/C overload tonight and my stomach can't take that. Before the end of the episode they'll be falling all over each other again and making juvenile references to their bad sex moments.

Happy Birthday, Greatfan! Hope it was everything you wished for ... and more! :)