Eric/Calleigh #28: Soon To Become A Major Religion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by somethingsdont, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

If I were Emily I'd be pissed that people complained about my voice. How miserable does a person have to be to complain about something like that. For me, I think her voice is cute, I love the accent...and I never thought her voice was nasally.

Although I'm disappointed it's not a daydream, I did love the googly eyes Eric was making, he still had that goofy look on his face. Poor dude, he's got it bad :drool:...but then what man in their right mind wouldn't?

2. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I'm glad it's not a daydream. It makes it real, and I'm tired of people implying the whole E/C thing is a product of Eric's imagination because of the bullet. Like a freaking bullet in the head can make you fall in love with someone. Give me a break.

3. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

^^ Precisely. It has impaired his memories, not fabricated them.

Although, I am one who believes his accident was a 'catalyst' of sorts for him. What do you think about that? Like, it gave Calleigh the opportunity to be there for him all the time and to show him how much she is willing to do. ,and the whole 'life's for living' things one generally feels after a near death situation.

4. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

r1. :wtf: (gosh, I've been waiting FOREVER to use that guy...it's the wtf smiley) Emily Proter's accent is adorable! It's all just very endearing, and if we all had accents like that, the world would be a better place. Okay, so maybe that's a little dramatic. If we all sounded the same, we wouldn't be able to tease anyone about how they say 'bag' or 'about' or 'park the car' (always a good past time ;))

2. Sheesh... 102 temp?! When they get sick, they really get sick. That had to suck majorly for all of them.

3. I'm still waiting for the clip to upload on my computer, but I'm excited...

Yeah, the writers played that one well. It would be hard to do a knight in shining armor thing with Calleigh...though they did it well (and subtly) in SYG. As for the clip, I agree with Jessica, Calleigh has absolutely no reason to put that veil on. Even if there's a bullet hole through it, they could still use a dummy. It's a moment like the bedroom scene in the nanny ep, and it establishes the whole "something" between the two. I'm soooo okay with putty Eric and veiled Calleigh :D even if it is to walk through a crime. It's totally symbolic.

5. Yup...still loading. My goodness. If I had money, I would get high speed. Seriously, how does dial up still exist???

6. Just shy of three hours to go!

5. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Comments like that pissed me off too...as if having a daydream meant having a mental impairment. The man had a life altering experience, so yeah he's going to have a change in attitude and see things much differently, including his relationships with other people.

I still would've liked it to have been a daydream for Calleigh, really driving home how she truly feels about Eric, like that frown and lip biting in My Nanny.

6. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Well if you really want to know about the scene....go to the ep's spoiler thread someone posted a clip from the ep concerning this discussion.

BE WARNED THOUGH.....MASSIVE MASSIVE SPOILERS THERE!!!!! ;)

I take no repsonsibility for what is seen in that clip ;) Just letting you all know...especially for those you who liked to be spoiled ;)

7. subterraneantwin

subterraneantwin Rookie

What a disappointment. I was hoping for a bit of an epic moment with the veil thing, then maybe a little jealous Calleigh at the strip club, or something. This is what I get for getting my hopes up, damn it. Well, I guess at least there's next week to dash my hopes all over again. There's nothing like a good dose of misanthropy. :rolleyes: It's alright though, I should be grateful for what we did get tonight. It wasn't what I was expecting, but it was okay.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  8. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

I thought Emily did great at both shows (& i loved both her outfits too :lol:) And personally I love her accent, it is so much fun to listen to. I was disappointed that they didn't talk more about the episode & the whole triangle. But i think it's funny that in every interview she won't say who she wants Calleigh to end up with (though we all know it's Eric :D).

^I agree that I was disappointed a little that the veil scene was so basic, but that look Eric was giving her was priceless!!!:D And Jessica I agree that Calleigh had absolutely no reason to put on the veil and despite the "If you tell anyone I did this, I'll kill you" line she was enjoying the attention she got from Eric!!! I think that Calleigh is secretly testing him & of course Eric passes every time. I missed the first half of the epi though (stupid parents & wanting to have dinner!) so what happened at the club??

1. I'm sooo glad that the follow up episode is on Tuesday so we don't have to wait a week, especially if all the stuff with Calleigh doesn't happen until the 2nd half! 2. I'm really glad that Eric is in the room cause you know there will be some major non-verbal communication between the two of them and then he can scoup her up into his arms when its all done!! :bolian: 3. I'm also glad that Calleigh is the one who gets herself out ot the whole situation, at least the writers are sticking to her character.

9. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

I was a little disappointed. I wanted more with Calleigh wearing the veil and all but it could have been worse. And in a way I'm glad that what was shown in the promo wasnt the result of Eric hallucinating! And I was quite proud of Eric reaction towards that hussy at the gentleman's club. Did anyone else yell get the hell off him?? There was one scene that I took as maybe a sign from TPTB at that club. When Calleigh was walking around where the party was the previous night, the song sexual seduction played. And maybe I'm the only one who thought this but when the line, "she might be with him but she's thinking about me" seemed so perfect with the love triangle of Jake/Calleigh/Eric. And so true too. :thumbsup:

And thanks for more info on next week's spoilers....
    I'm glad about the 2 parter being done days in a row. And that Calleigh basically resuce's herself. Eric being there too will be a nice touch. I'm hoping as well that Jake will not be in the epi. and that Eric is there will show even more how much he cares and Jake doesnt

10. subterraneantwin

subterraneantwin Rookie

Yeah, I noticed that, too! She was looking around with her little flashlight and then the split screen/composite shot commenced right when that line popped up. It might be just me, but I think the music went from background music in the club to soundtrack music for the show, so it got a little clearer and louder. Does that make any sense? Anyway, this little detail probably means absolutely nothing, but one can hope.

11. JasonsLea

JasonsLea Victim

:guffaw::devil::guffaw: That's going in the sig!

I DVRed the show tonight and I'm debating whether I should go watch it right now with some ice cream or wait till tomorrow morning. :confused:

12. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

JasonsLea, where I am, it`s already tomorrow morning so you can watch it right now and tomorrow morning at the same time... Does this make any sense? Probably not, but I`m still sleepy, I just got up.

13. Marionette

Marionette Dead on Arrival

Well... Bugger me. I was expecting a huge moment and to be honest i'm slightly dissapointed.

But her 'If you tell anyone about this, i'll kill you' line was pure gold. Nearly killed myself laughing. And she did look very pretty in that veil.

xxx

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Ok so last night's episode...

Even though there was soooo much more that could have been done with the veil scene I thought it was so freaking cute!!! Eric's smile when she put on the veil was priceless. PLUS throughout the whole scene Calleigh was ALL SMILES. And I have to agree I do preferr it was done this way and not a daydream because I too am tired of people saying that the whole EC thing is a product of Eric's bullet. So for me, since I knew the promo was misleading, it was better either this way or Calleigh having the daydream... Anyway, I really loved the looks and smiles they gave each other. :cool:

I though about this too when I heard the song!!!!!:bolian:

And last but not least, Eric's reaction to the strip club girl was just perfect. I mean I was holding my breath thinking "will he react like old Eric and flirt back, or what???" But I was really glad of his reaction cause it shows what we've been saying about him not wanting to play around anymore and just get serious about someone **cough** Calleigh **cough**

Oh and I almost forgot, really glad that they cut the scene with him and Lexa (previously known as Jessica) at the end. The one that said she went to the station to thank him for helping her out and all. Not so glad that the cut the one where she asked Eric and Calleigh if they wanted a room... I really wanted to see their reactions

15. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Okay, now I'm so glad they changed Jessica's name to Lexa, because she's was just awful. Terribly irritating. I hope we never have to see her again. Ugh.

And yeah, I love how uncomfortable Eric looked when she was climbing all over him, heh. The old Eric would've been like, "...heh. *huge grin*" But this Eric...he just wanted her to get the hell away from him! That's because his heart completely belongs to Calleigh, aww. *melts* :D

And that music that y'all are talking about? I noticed that too, and I thought it was extremely deliberate. "She might be with him, but she's thinking 'bout me." Isn't that what we've seen from this triangle so far? ;) And continuity issues aside, Miami has deliberately placed interesting song choices before... "I can love, but I need his heart," anybody? :D

My favorite part of this episode - the way Eric's mind totally shut down when Calleigh put that veil on. Oh my God, his eyes!! :D He is so in love with her, aww. :D

That was such a tiny scene compared to what I was hoping for, but still. Adam with his totally smitten Eric and Emily with her adorably coy Calleigh both acted the hell out of it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.