Eric/Calleigh #28: Soon To Become A Major Religion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by somethingsdont, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Would that be irresistible, by any chance? Yeah, I'm sad :lol:. I used to be obsessed with the X Files. M/S love was the best.

And now? E/C love is just the same. Seriously, I see so many parallels to Mulder/Scully, it's scary. Even the annoyed 'Eric...' is similar to Scully's annoyed 'Mulder...'. Maybe it's a sign, their love it just supposed to happen.

As long as the time frame isn't the same, we're good.

Oh, I've just watched Whacked and 10-7. I was bored. I mean, look at Eric's eyes when he's comforting her in 10-7. If that's not a man in love, I don't know what is.

Oh, and dudes!! I totally rock! Dropping my course seems to have done wonders for my muse! I now know exactly what I'm doing for the V-Day challenge AND it's all fluffy. Someone really needs to mark this in some kind of calendar. And enjoy it, it's all the fluff you'll be getting out of me for a while. :lol:

2. Nora_73

Nora_73 Hit and Run

Yippee! Fluff is exactly what I'm looking for. :D

You know, hon; you'd better post this fic soon, because all the teasing about it made me giddy.

Let's all join the chanting and put a little pressure on Jodie: >> Post! Post! Post! << :devil:

Nora

3. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Oh Jodie! I'm super excited your muse is all gung-ho now! I'm ready for this fluff!

Regarding shipping, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the different ships people have for Calleigh and how those might actually play out. I don't know if it's because I'm EC all the way or what, but a relationship between Eric and Calleigh seems the most plausable. Here's what I came to:

Calleigh and Horatio--They both care for people so so so much. Calleigh is always doing her best to make sure everyone is okay and all the fun stuff, and Horatio is always picking up the pieces. However, Horatio needs to play the hero. Not because he wants the credit, but becasue that's who he is. The big thing about his relationship with Marisol was that he could take care of her. If the writers had ever tried to do the HC relationship, it wouldn't have worked because that's not who Calleigh is. Obviously she has her times when it's nice to be cared for, treated like a woman, whatever you want to call it, but with Horatio, it would get way too overwhelming for her. As a co-worker, he sees her as a competent person fully capable of taking care of herself, but as a lover, I think he would be a bit more coddling than she could handle.
    Then on top of it, they have a good relationship, but it's more professional than anything. The relationship they have at work wouldn't necessarily carry over to their time outside of work. I can't really explain this one, but that's the impression I get (does that make sense?) And then there's that whole age difference thing. now I realize it's not super huge, but it just seems odd.

Calleigh and Ryan--I think Ryan is definitely the little brother. She can joke with him, work with him, hang out with him, etc. However, at the end of the day, there's no attraction on her side. For Ryan, I think he looks up to Calleigh, and if anything, it might be like a little kid having a crush on his babysitter, but there's not much substance behind that.

Calleigh and Speed--Totally destined to be friends. I think they would end up rubbing each other the wrong way too often. They're good friends and if Calleigh had a boyfriend and Speed had a girlfriend, they might be able to go on a double date, but there really isn't any connection there (and definitely not attraction...at least not in my opinion).

Calleigh and Jake--I'm still getting a feel for this one. I guess of all of the pairings I've listed so far, this is the most likely to be realistic (besides EC, of course). Jake and Calleigh have a history, but I think when it's all said and done, their relationship is based more on convenience and what they once had. In the end, they wouldn't be able to work it out because they aren't both completely into it. Despite the fact that we all have something or other to say about Jake, I think he does care for Calleigh, and I think she cares for him, but it isn't true love. There isn't a willingness to work to love one another (especially on Jake's side), so when times get tough, they're more likely to bail out.

Calleigh and Hagen/ Calleigh and Peter Elliot--I really don't know what to say about these. I guess we all make bad decisions once in a while...it may have been good at the time, but it wouldn't have lasted. In the end, those two only served to show her how easily she can get burned in a relationship.

And finally, Calleigh and Eric--Okay, so they're a bit blind and stubborn at times, but when they finally open their eyes, this is the long haul. They care so much about one another as friends that they are reticent to move to the next level, and with good reason. Neither have ad the best track record with relationships, and together they hve something so special they're scared to ruin it. They need to take that leap, and hopefully they will. Once they do get together, it's going to be work for them both, but if they're willing to work (which I think they are, but it could be hard) they will have something great.

Okay...I sort of lost track of whatever I was going to say after this because I'm listening to the radio, and they just said we shoul expect to have the writers and stuff come to an agreement by the end of this week. Sounds like they came to something and it's just a matter of the formality of paperwork.

So this was a bit long (sorry) I don't know if it makes any sense, but that's how I see it. :)

4. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Hi guys :D I finished that countertop fic of mine, even though that ended up not really being the focus, lol. There's even a mention of against-the-wall, which totally gets me off the hook for writing that. :lol: Anyway, it's here. :D And I swear, when I started writing this, I never thought it'd end up quite that angsty. :lol:

And since you guys were accusing me of neglecting EC for JC, lol, and pestering me to write EC fic, I have no shame whatsoever in pestering you guys to read it!! So read! ;) :D

And I'm not sure I'm allowed to comment on that post, Jacks. :lol: ;) There's only two of those that I would really dispute on, though! :D So maybe I'm not that bad of a multishipper... :lol:

But I do totally agree with regard to EC. Of course. :D Once they open their eyes, there'll be no stopping them. They just have to open their eyes at the same time, for once.

5. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

I say comment to your heart's content! I was a little nervous to post it at first because I know that there are some multishippers in here (and, if I'm correct, you ship most of those). It's totally my opinion, and I'd love to hear your opinion on those ships and even what I said. Go for it!

Okay, well I"m off to read your new fic :D

6. Nora_73

Nora_73 Hit and Run

Gosh, Jessica! You've got so much talent, girl! I'm still all emotional about your piece. You can be very proud of yourself.

@ multiship: Actually, I avoid trespassing into foreign terrain. I tend to get upset, when people don't think that the couple I ship for aren't predestined for each other. Silly, I know, but I can't help it.

Nora

Edit: Oh, and Jacks; I haven't been here for long, but I think this is the most jovial group of shippers I have ever encountered. And, if you can't say that EC is *the* ship of all here, you can't anywhere. :D Loved your analysis.

7. subterraneantwin

subterraneantwin Rookie

That's exactly the same for me. I mean, I think I'm usually a pretty tolerant person, but sometimes when I see shipper icons/banners that don't coalesce with my individual ships, I cringe. And I know that's really dumb, but it's just the initial reaction. So I don't stray from where I belong. :lol:

8. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Hee, thanks Nora :D And to the rest of you I know who R&R'ed it. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

When I had my paid account on LJ, I had icons from practically every Calleigh ship except SC and RC, only because I could never find SC icons and RC is the only Calleigh pairing I've never shipped. But other than that, yeah, my Calleigh gets around. :lol:

But as far as canon goes, I'm almost completely EC. ;) I want to see them happy together; they deserve to be happy, so why not be happy together? So yeah, I want to see them together in canon. I mean, as a shipper these days, what else could I be? HC doesn't remember that each other exists, which bothers me, but what can I do about it, right? SC doesn't interact, for obvious reasons. I have no idea what I'm supposed to infer about JC right now.

So that leaves EC. They've gotten significant scenes since the beginning of S5, and their scenes have always been sweet or deep, and there has always been something under the surface in their scenes since Man Down. Despite the fact that they aren't sharing kisses (yet) or pushing each other against walls (yet :devil:); if you ship EC, you've got it made. They're a shipper's dream, especially since the writers finally took a second look at them. :D

In my opinion, EC have had the best interaction of all. That's not me saying that oh, EC is better than this or that ship, because that would be borderline bashing, and why would I bash ships that I ship? :lol: ;) But I mean, seriously, other stories have been left wide open, but EC have always gotten closure. They always resolve their arguments peacefully, and they're always able to move past it. They've never held a grudge with one another. They've never beat around the bush with one another (except, obviously, about their feelings... :rolleyes: Come on, you two! Get it together!!); Calleigh has never been shy about coming to Eric and telling him to straighten up (Nailed), and Eric doesn't usually let Calleigh hide from her issues (10-7) like the others might, due to their own fear of her attacking them or something, or their own need to hide from the issue at hand.

And of course, they would be hot together. And have many adorable babies, and they should not be denied those adorable babies, nor should they be denied the baby-making process. :lol: :devil:

9. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Jessica, that's gotta be the most eloquent and ridiculous post I've ever read. It made no sense, yet I understood it perfectly! This is what you do to me, you!! like I said in my review, your angst made me smile! You just... confuddle me.

I agree. I can see where other ships come from, totally. I'm not one of these folks who are so completely closed off from other ships they don't even consider them. Though I've always been into EC, I found myself loving the SC dynamic, even if they would have killed each other eventually :lol:.

I think I decided to follow EC in the beginning first because they looked good together :)devil: what, they're hot!) but then it developed as their relationship did. I notice too much about peoples body language, I can't help it, and EC have this great thing where, whenever they talk to each other, they lean slightly in... just slightly. Only time Calleigh pulls back is when she's defensive. Seriously, I think I could write y'all a detailed evaluation of Eric and Calleigh :lol:. I'm so sad.

And we all know about the 'different smiles' :) See, I have to quote that, we've said it so many times.

Hummmmm? Baby-making process? 'scuse me whilst I go lie in the gutter for a while...

10. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

It didn't make sense? :lol: It did in my head, but then again, that doesn't mean a thing. :lol: ;) Doesn't matter though; as long as you get to my last couple of sentences, because they're the only ones that really matter. :lol: :devil:

They do! And it's so cute! Even when they're not necessarily talking to each other, like in Pro Per. He senses that Calleigh's in trouble, and he gets close enough behind her to where he could wrap his arms around her and give menacing looks to the bad guy, kind of like a, "you mess with her, you mess with ME" kind of thing. I love Eric. :D

And then sometimes they don't lean in "just slightly." Sometimes, like in The Best Defense (I think...?), it's like Calleigh was trying to stand right on top of him, heh. And Eric loved it. And unrelated, but I love how they *kind of* jump apart when Cal's dad sneaks into the room, heh. These two are great. :D

11. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

And we shouldn't be denied seeing the beginning of the baby-making process. I mean...the part where Eric shoves Calleigh up against a wall, kissing her. Yeah...I don't think its too much to ask to let us see that, right? ;)

And Jodie...I'm joining you in that gutter... :D

12. Nora_73

Nora_73 Hit and Run

Absolutely! There has to be a lot of wall-action before the babies may pop up.

:devil:

God! I want more shippy EC scenes. This strike is killing me.

Edit: Oh, and if we are denied the baby making process, I'll definitely go banging on the writers' doors. :D

13. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

[​IMG]

That picture totally overrides the three-line rule.

14. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

^^^^Ummm...that should cover all rules!

For the record, Jessica, I understood what you were saying, and it is quite logical. Personally, I don't think of myself as close-minded to other ships...picky, perhaps. To be completely honest, my ultimate desire is for Calleigh and Eric get together, but I actually don't mind seeing Jake with Calleigh (except when he does or says stupid things), but man, if I were Calleigh, I'd totally choose Eric. Though I think I have the slightly naiive view that there is such a thing as true love (even if we do have to work on our relationships) ah well.

Oh, I love how it always comes back to the babies :D Do you think the writers would ever actually allow a CSI baby? Don't get me wrong, I love the thought of them hacing babies, but ER went a bit over-the-top with that thing (plus Abby should totally have had Carter's baby ;)) Anyway, the point is that the writers do try not to get too far into the characters' personal lives, but seriously, CSIs have babies too!

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Feel like I haven't been here in forever! What up everyone?!! ;)

I am open to other ships...I would never go onto their thread and bash another ship, not saying anyone does but while I may not like seein Jake with Cal it definately helps our ship in the end and I am very partial to Ryan and Valera.....bottom line is everyone is open to their own opinion but when you start being derogative, that is wrong.

Anyway, I heard that there could possibly slimingly be a resolution to the strike this weekend (Saturday)if the WGA's vote is in favor of the propose agreement. So here is to hoping that the strike will finally end this weekend and everyone will be properly compensated :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.