Eric/Calleigh #28: Soon To Become A Major Religion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by somethingsdont, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nora_73

Nora_73 Hit and Run

Last night I couldn't sleep and so the strangest thoughts crossed my mind. E.g.: If we get more episodes and a season finale, and the writers want to make us suffer: they'll have Emily finally deciding that she wants to be with Eric. She'll show up on his doorstep just to discover that he has moved on. Gosh that would be sooo sad!

2. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

Yay!

In the pics you posted above, the second and the last are my favorite. I love Eric's face whenever he looks at Calleigh. That is what a man in love looks like. The third is pretty awesome, too, but so are the other two. Anything with Eric and Calleigh in the same scene automatically combusts anyway.

I saw that episode! She's so cute in it. Poor Joey.

ETA: Nora, that's so depressing, but I don't think it'd happen, 'cause Eric turning down Calleigh? Not in a billion years. If they did that storyline, though, I would seriously throw something at the TV. C'mon, angst is nicer in fic than on the show.

3. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I think if the writers wanted to drop this storyline they would've done it during the summer. Instead they made Eric's feelings stronger and Jake even more fallible, so I don't think it's going anywhere.

People who say the E/C stuff came out of nowhere need to look at old screen caps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That scene was the hottest ever.

4. Nora_73

Nora_73 Hit and Run

You're right. I hope it won't come to that. It was just a feeling, you know, because usually with these couples it takes ages for them to get together and the writers make us suffer until it's no more fun to watch.

@ midnight_tiptoe: Thx for the pics BTW, the last one is great *lmao*, cheered me up.

Nora

5. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Mm, I don't know...I kind of like the idea of Calleigh realizing that Eric is who she wants, but by the time she makes up her mind, it's too late because he has moved on. Do I see that happening? No. Do I want that to happen in canon? No. Of course not! Eric would never walk away from Calleigh, not on the show. I do like the idea in fic form, though, because I like Calleigh angst, obviously. The more depressing, the better. :lol:

But don't be fooled; in canon, I absolutely want to see lots of fluff and against the wall action. :lol: :devil:

Grand Prix pics! :D Calleigh's so flirty with Eric in that episode! And that scene was totally hot. :D

And Caro, why do I not remember seeing that manip? :eek: That's so awesome. And I love the smug expression on Calleigh's face, heh. :devil:

6. midnight_tiptoes

She's all, "yeah, I'm tapping this, what of it?"

I don't think Eric would move on, but it would be fun to see him play hard to get for a while just to drive Calleigh crazy.

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I could see that happening b/c that is exactly how this show works at times ;) On the other hand, I think it would be more believable if he played hard to get when she finally does get over her fears and decide she wants nothing more than to be with him.

I also agree that if the writers didn't intend at some point to get these two together the storyline would have been dropped over the summer b/c BTK gave them the perfect out but they didn't take it. If we ever get an ending to this season I can see them taking things full circle and something happening between these two to move this whole story to the next level.

8. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

My fear is that if the writers strike ends any time soon we'll only get a couple more episodes at best, if any. And if that is so, I'm not sure they would come "full circle" in just a couple episodes. I fear this could be taken into the next season :(.

I think the show stops filming in March or April, and we're already in February. So even if the writers strike ends soon, they still have to write more episodes (don't know how long it takes to write one), then go about the process of setting up the filming of one, then filming, editing, etc. So, from beginning of episode writing to completion for airing on tv, how many we may get before the end of the season will depend on the time it takes to do that.

Jen

9. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

Thanks Caro for the pics. Ahhh...the good old times.

I'm thinking that wether the strike would be over soon or not, there are not enough eps to make a season dvd, unless the price is really slashed. I wonder if they would redistribute s5 dvds with some s6 in it or s7 with s6? These dvds are too freakin expensive. I have all 4 seasons and I can't afford s5. And these people are still not done with contract negotiations. Don't they know that their target markets are broke?

Anyway, I like the idea of Eric playing hard to get. That could definitely lead up against the wall :devil:

10. delkolover

Acutally I also heard that they might and I stress *might* shoot into June; but that would be a on network by network basis. The network would have the final say in whether they would want to finish with however much time they have left or go into June.

My hope is for the latter and we get more than a few eps this way we get some sort of resolution to the storlyines they have going. One of them, of course, being E/C :D

11. midnight_tiptoes

I watched an old X-Files episode the other day and caught this:

Scully (about Mulder): I trust him with my life.

12. subterraneantwin

subterraneantwin Rookie

That's no coincidence, man. It's fate. ;)

So... I'm planning on purchasing a few CSI: Miami episodes from iTunes (ones full of glorious E/C moments, of course) and I'm having trouble narrowing the list down to just the essential. Can anyone offer any recommendations on which episodes? I'm indecisive.

13. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

I think 'Grip' is a classic, 'Whacked' has the "I trust you with every fiber of my being" line but if you can get the season 6, 'Nanny' so far is my favorite from this season :)

14. delkolover

Death Grip, Whacked, Man Down, Burned, Just Murdered, Grand Prix...all those are great E/C eps IMO. :D

15. subterraneantwin

subterraneantwin Rookie

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions! There are only episodes from mid-S4 to S6 for purchase on iTunes right now, so I guess I'll have to stick with those. But damn, the episodes you guys mentioned from the earlier seasons are some of the best ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.