Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cubano

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Re: Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cu

That's the thing with E/C. Even when we do go canon (yes 'when'), it will never get boring. Calleigh and Eric are such complex characters, they will never be a shortage of tiffs and fights they can have to keep the tension going after they've got it on.

The writes, when they come back (again 'when'), will be able to keep their relationship from fizzing out by adding in disagreements about little things that they will be able to make a big deal out of. ( I can see them arguing about who left the cap off the toothpaste :) things like that - so cute!)

Plus Emily and Adam are committed to it, and that shows on screen already. Just imagine when we do go canon. We’ll explode!

2. Leela

Leela Pathologist

And tongue! I'd rather see tongues than skin... but... that's... just... me...

Someone mentioned that Calleigh took a picture of Eric - I have proof:
    [​IMG]

3. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

OMG that scene was PERFECT!!!! :D Eric totally meant to direct the "right girl" comment to Calleigh to make a point and from the look on Calleigh's face and the lip biting she definitely got it! and i agree with however said that Calleigh bit her lip to keep from squealing. I do that when I'm trying to hold something back. There is not a doubt that we are definitely going canon this year!!!

I actually wrote a fic that was pretty much that. Eric & Cal fight and end up jumping each other. That's just how I see it happening after 8 years of sexual tension. Either that or slow and sweet.

Clips and caps are great!!!

4. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

I vote for them against the wall...with BOTH skin and tongue action! :devil:

Leela, thanks for the proof! I wonder if Calleigh will keep the picture in her journal (or a book) and write at the back that says 'baby daddy' :lol:

My take on EC equation:
    [(Calleigh + Eric)love]smex = world peace

5. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

That be sooooooo nice. As long as Eric becomes shirtless at some point I'll be a happy gal!!! ;) :D

I'm loving all the screen caps and vids of last nights episode. *sigh* i wish i knew how to do them myself.

Leela ~ woooohoooo for you capturing proof of Calleigh taking a picture of Eric. Cant blame her!

I really got to come into this thread more often. Seeing everyone's lovely banner and avatars of this hot hip makes me smile! :D

And even though I'd love something permanent to happen to Jake just so he cant come back, I also dont want it to happen like that. I'd like something either that makes Calleigh choose and of course she pics Eric or for Jake to do something totally stupid aka Jake-like and Calleigh just leave him for good. Then the hot and sweaty make out session can happen later. Well just a bit later. Maybe they kiss, really kiss, not the almost kiss. in the locker room possibly. Then later at Eric's place or Cal's they make out some more. *Stopping now* hehehehe :p

6. Jellicle15

Jellicle15 Victim

Leela - Thanks for posting that little clip! I noticed that too, after I watched the scene a second time. Hmmm, can I get a copy of that pic, Cal? :p

And did somebody mention shirtless Eric? -drool- I'm definitely all for that!

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah ya know when I saw that scene last night I thought the last pic she took was of him..but I thought I might have been reaching ;) But apparently not :D

That whole bedroom scene (hehehe sounds funny to say that ;)) was great. Their discussion about kids was sooo natural. Nothing was forced or seemed fake; unlike any conversation Cal has with Jake. God, these two need to just get it on and be together already :lol:

8. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Okay, so -14 degrees F and I can't find my stupid mittens! Arg. Seriously, you'd think I'd have learned to keep track of my winter stuff by now...

On another random note, John Hagen is on Law and Order: SVU (obviously not as John Hagen, but he's a jerk there too)

Jackie, that's the impression I got from that too! It was great because you know that she had no reason to talk about kids in that scene, but she brought it up anyway. And why? Because it's something that she thinks about, something she wants to know!

The convo between Calleigh and Alexx was great! It's nice to have some insight into the family. It seemed like she was trying so hard to play it out on a light note "My mom was more like a friend, and you know my dad..." but the look on her face was one of pain like, 'If I can just make light of this, it'll be okay.' Like the only way she can cope is to distance herself and make it laughable.

The episode as a whole? Meh...last night I realized I have a little rating system I involuntarily go through for each episode. All of the following are rated on a scale of 1-5. The higher the score, the better the ep:
    1. Eric and Calleigh interaction
    2. Eric scenes/story line
    3. Calleigh scenes/story line
    4. Amount of Horatio occuring in the ep (higher score for less appearances)
    5. The case

9. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

-14?! :eek: Dude, I freak out when it gets below 50 degrees! :lol: I'd likely die if I lived any further north. :lol:

The Calleigh and Alexx scene...poor Cal. She was so uncomfortable there, but yeah, Jacks, it was great to finally get a bit more insight on her family, something other than just her dad.

I was going to post something along those lines earlier, but I couldn't figure out how I wanted to word it. :) I mean, she could've been her normal, professional self in that scene, she could've not said anything pertaining to kids because there was always the possibility of it leading back to her own childhood, but no. She dove right in, wanting to gauge Eric's reaction. And I'm guessing she got the answer she wanted to hear. :D

10. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

Ok so I kept watching the clips all throughout the day with a stupid smile on my face (really Leela, thank you! :D) and on the first bedroom scene (nyaahaha) after Calleigh bit her lips, her next expression didn't seem to be one of realization. I think she just wanted to make sure she was composed if ever she had to look at Eric. And Jessica, I agree. I think she got the answer she wanted to hear.

Then on the second bedroom scene (tehehe) when Eric went to the roof you can see how intently she was watching him, making sure that he was ok. And if you notice, her other hand was out of view for most of the scene. My guess is that she put down the camera and held her phone tightly just in case she had to call for immediate help. But that's just me.

Do we have the spoiler for the next new ep or if there there will be one in the near future?

11. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I'm sorry, but I don't agree that she had no reason to bring up kids in that scene...they were working a case with nannies taking care of kids, parents that didn't seem to want to take care of their kids, and were in a kid's room...seems perfectly natural to me that kids would come up in conversation. Certainly, her bringing up kids was a whole lot more professional and natural, given the case, than talking coffee machines with Jake while looking for evidence.

12. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

I agree, i didn't really see realization on her face more reflection. I think she was trying not to grin like a silly school girl!! hence the lip biting. And from the look on her face she most definitely recieved the answer she was fishing for.

13. MiamiLvr2024

MiamiLvr2024 Guest

Damn, this place moves fast. Im trying to read all the posts I missed and I am way too impatient for all them.

But I could not miss this one! Very well said exactly what I imagined it, with of course...more skin.

Ok. And...E/C babies! AHHHHHHHH!!!! My heart is racing right now and I sooo want that to happen in the next season. But first the scene above has to occur.

Now. The epi. SO EFFING ADORABLE!!!! I had the biggest grin on my face because I totally knew that was coming. I mean Calleigh is "investigating" and she totally sets herself up for getting that kind of beautiful answer from Eric. But then again, Eric wanted her to do just that so that he could come back with that answer and give her a little hint,hint...wink, wink. And his face totally shows that, like he has just accomplished giving her that clue, that little smirk on his face absolutely gives him away. And she couldnt be any more happy and content and almost relieved that he said that. She knew that if he were to answer like that it would be directed toward her. And the little smile and bite of the lip, gave the scene sooo much more depth and passion.

ANY TIME NOW!!!!..... but Im bummed that there is no new episode. I need more E/C scenes. Is that because of the writing strike???

14. MiamiLvr2024

MiamiLvr2024 Guest

Oh, I forgot. Here is a song I just heard. Forget about the video (its weired) but listen to some of the lyrics. PERFECT for Eric and Calleigh's feelings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swss0FnQSsI

15. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

Re bedroom scene: I still see realization. Yeah, of course she wanted to appear composed, but every time the two of them have a little moment, she has this almost conflicted look, like she's fighting something that's stirring up inside her. Eric tossed her a huge hint last night but he was very tactful. I like that. His innocent-but-not-so-innocent comment carried just the right amount of weight without being overbearing or pushy. I do think that he said it as a wake-up call, not just 'cause it's cute or something.

My take on the scene was that Calleigh was fishing without really consciously meaning to and got a little more than she had expected. While it would be nice if she popped that out of nowhere because she's got her and Eric's kids named, I agree with Jennifer; it wasn't out of the context of the case. I think I like that more than having it forced on us. It was an innocent remark that generated a response that would've been innocent between friends. But it wasn't, because they're too emotionally invested to be just friends.

Even if you don't agree with the realization (after all, it's all up to interpretation), you just know that his words are going to stick with her, maybe even keep her awake at night.

I think that Calleigh's defense mechanisms are trying to shut down whatever parts of her body are trying to convince her to go for it, but then when the mechanisms kinda go haywire (SYG) or when Eric jumbles them up by saying something that catches her off guard, her real needs peek through for a moment.

I think Calleigh needs to get over her fear bullshit. I know Eric loves her, but I really don't think it's realistic that he's pined for her for so long. I think we need to see a little jealous Calleigh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.