Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cubano

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

Re: Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cu

I know, and even if Calleigh was tested and hour after the incident, the decline shouldn't be that drastic if she actually had 6. I mean, 6 mimosas would equal to about 3/4 of a champagne bottle depending on the bartender. Calleigh would've had trouble with her high heels! Stetler's an idiot.

2. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Stetler is an idiot times 10! Not only is 6 drinks quite a bit for anyone, but Calleigh is a smaller woman too...and the smaller you are the quicker you get drunk, so even if there wasn't a huge amount of alcohol in each drink, she would have been pretty soused pretty quick...he had to know that she couldn't have drunk all of those and still manage to shoot anything let alone straight enough to kill and roll out of the way and if only he had pulled his head out of his butt for two seconds, he could have actually seen that! :rolleyes: Stupid man....now since this isn't a thread about Stetler...*Mo steps off her soapbox...*

How long do we think we'll be waiting for E/C to get together finally? As in say something or do something that will show they are together??

3. StarDuquesneEMT

StarDuquesneEMT Rookie

Just the fact that she was eating with it would have made the alcohol less of an issue, combined with her history, it probably has less of an effect on her anyway. Add her personality and professionalism and there's no way she would ever let herself get into a situation where she couldn't think quickly and protect herself. Once you start working in public safety, you develop kind of a sixth sense that's always vigilant even when you're relaxing, just always ready to respond to an emergency. I've been in the field 5 years and I definitely have it, if she's been at the Miami lab 12 years plus her time in New Orleans, she definitely does. And that right there affects every decision, every aspect of life. Ass in her history with drunk driving and no way in hell will she put herself in that position. I won't even have one when I'm driving, but since I'm the one cutting up the cars to get the people out on the side of the road, I definitely drive differently having seen the things that I have. Just my 2 cents. I'm loving A&E and the marathon right now, even if it is 4th season. At least Deviant was in there and I love that one.

4. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Star what are you...I mean you said you're in the field, what's your job? And that is very cool that you are in the field! :D

And yeah I totally agree...all of those factors combined anyone who knows Cal would know that that is not something she would do at all...even Stetler who's a dirt bag, should know that...

5. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

OK, it is so time for Jake to go away. Eric and Calleigh belong together and nothing will prevent it from happening (although the writers may delay it for a while).

If I had to choose a song that would really describe Eric and Calleigh's relationship it would be "The Flame" by Cheap Trick. Here are the lyrics:

"The Flame" by Cheap Trick

Another night slowly closes in,
    And I feel so lonely.
    Touching heat freezing on my skin,
    I pretend you still hold me.
    I'm going crazy, I'm losing sleep.
    I'm in too far, I'm in way too deep over you.
    I can't believe you're gone.
    You were the first, you'll be the last.

Wherever you go, I'll be with you.
    Whatever you want, I'll give it to you.
    Whenever you need someone to lay your heart and head upon.
    Remember: after the fire, after all the rain,
    I will be the flame.
    I will be the flame.

Watching shadows move across the wall,
    feels so frightning.
    I wanna run to you, I wanna call,
    But I've been hit by lightning
    Just can't stand up for fallin' apart.
    Can't see through this veil across my heart, over you.
    You'll always be the one.

I will be the flame.
    I will be the flame.

I'm going crazy, I'm losing sleep.
    I'm in too far, I'm in way too deep over you.
    You'll always be the one.

I will be the flame.
    I will be the flame.

And whatever you want, I'll give it to you.

6. StarDuquesneEMT

StarDuquesneEMT Rookie

Stetler should get it better than anyone after all his years on the job... one would think anyway.

What am I? Man I could take that so many ways :devil: Sorry I'm really tired right now. I am a firefighter/EMT but I also hold Rescue Tech, which is cutting up cars and extrication and specialized stuff for accident scenes. I'm working on getting my paramedic certification, and my actual college major is forensic science with a concentration in toolmarks and firearms, just like Calleigh. I went into the fire department because of 9/11, but I chose my major before that. It influences every part of who you are, when you're in this field. I don't have lights and siren on my truck yet but when I finish my next certification I will. I do have stickers on it that identify me, and I carry a full trauma bag in the back of my truck. There's been many times when I was just randomly driving home from somewhere and had to stop and patch someone up and call in the accident. I keep my EMT card on me at all times, even out walking the brats, because you just never know. I know where the dead zones for my cell phone are, and which roads are safe to pull off on and which I can't chance it until there's something official there. I know how long it takes to get to a hospital almost anywhere in the state of Maryland, and also DC and parts of Virginia, and all that factors into what backup I'm requesting at any given moment. And it only takes one time riding third on a helicopter airlifting a critical patient because you're doing CPR and they can't switch people and getting all the way to Baltimore Shock Trauma (40mins from my usual area but up to 2 hours from Southern MD) and doing everything you know how and throwing everything you've got at someone who dies anyway, and then you find out that the drunk who hit them walked away and you hear the family finding out and your whole perspective changes. There is no "have a few beers and drive home" once you've been there for most people. If I have anything, I'm at home or I'm spending the night where I am or I'm with my one best friend who keeps an eye on me until I'm in the house and she hears the door lock.

Long winded sorry, but you can't work in law or rescue and not have it change who you are and how you look at the world. Calleigh has that plus the added weight of her family and it would hit her more than usual. And any idiot with a badge would know that. Of course, Stetler's not any idiot, he's on a special level that just doesn't have words to describe it.

Another aspect of it that bears mentioning, those of us who carry badges tend to have friends all over, and even those who we don't know personally we share a bond with. We take care of our own, and above all we have the respect for our brothers and sisters in uniform to not make them have to pick up the pieces of our mess. I took a call one night for a guy who got drunk and wrapped his car around a tree, DOA. My unit was first on scene, and I was first to the car only to find that it was a guy that I went through training with. He was such a sweetheart and we helped each other. He had a fight with his girlfriend and got drunk and tried to drive home. I know if he would have been thinking straight he would have called one of us to get him home, and we would have gone gladly. If you have a conscious choice about it, you don't put your crew in that position. Calleigh would never in a million years get herself so toasted that she couldn't handle herself and something happened. And not even simple asking for help, there is really no such thing as a routine call, and the simplest grease fire can turn into a disaster that not everyone goes home from. Any situation can turn volatile in a hurry, and like she said "if my judgement had been impaired, I'd be dead." Plus, after losing Speed, they all have at least in the back of their minds that they don't want to be the one to put everyone through another funeral. My best friend's father was a chief who died in the line of duty eight months ago, and it's still always in conscious thought. Stetler is not just an ass, by questioning Calleigh that way, he's not acknowledging the fundamental nature of the job that they share, because if he was he'd never go there. He's probably just mad because she's prettier than him and can shoot better :lol: But again I say, don't piss off the woman who plays with a lot of really big guns for fun :lol: Now there's an image...

7. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

I'd been trying to stay away from that subject, for fear of having my HipHuggers taken away. :lol: 'Course, I may have them taken away anyway for agreeing that Jake did look quite good the other night... ;)

Seriously though; I have no idea where this might be headed. Everything I thought was going to happen in SYG with regard to JC...well, it never happened, and thanks to that "ending", everything Calleigh-related is left wide open. I don't have any idea where JC might end up, and I have even less of an idea how they can move this into EC.

I will say though that I've considered another possibility for Calleigh's expression when Eric told her Jake had found the bullet in the tree. As much as it could've been Calleigh realizing that Eric was the "real" stand up guy, and therefore the one she needed to be with, it might've also been Calleigh feeling a bit of guilt for how she'd gone off on Jake and underestimated him earlier, when she'd said he wasn't the cop to investigate this case. Well, the cop who wasn't fit to investigate her case just saved her career, so I imagine knowing that might've hit her there.

That said, I do remember Calleigh longingly watching Eric before she approached him, and I imagine that was done for a reason; if anything, to clarify the meaning of the scene that followed for those of us (well, only me :lol:) who might've not seen what they meant us to see. :D And I do remember the argument she'd had with Jake before, when he'd clearly lied to her. Lying isn't something that Calleigh takes lightly; once you lose her trust, it's hard to regain it, if not impossible. That might've been the biggest mistake that Jake could've made, lying to Calleigh. He could've told her the truth, and he could've apologized, and oh yeah, he could've asked her if she was okay. He didn't do any of that, obviously because TPTB are making him the bad guy. I like Jake, and I like JC (not as much as EC, obviously :D), but his lack of concern for Calleigh was just abhorrent. Calleigh almost died. And Eric was far more concerned, far more scared of losing her than her own boyfriend was. Eric was there for her when it mattered; Jake wasn't. If anything, JC is on rocky footing right now, and unless Jake straightens up, it's almost over, IMO.

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Ok I know this is off topic but it is seriously starting to annoy me.

There are fans out there (mainly H/C fans) who have noticed that in the last 26 episodes (the fact that they went back and counted blows my mind!) H and Cal have shared either one scene, a minute long at most or none at all and they even got Ausiello now wondering if there is a problem between Caruso and Procter in real life. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't but can you honestly say that the show is failing or sucks b/c these two don't share any scenes together?? To be honest I could care less and while I have noticed, I don't think any different of the show.

If Caruso and Procter really do have an issue, I think the writers are handling the sitaution very well as far as accomidating them with shooting and interaction and as long as the writers are willing to accomidate them...I don't think there will be a problem long term. The fact that it has been going for 26 episodes should be enough to tell you that it isn't much of a problem and the writers are willing to work around any issue, if there is one. The two do scenes together when needed, like in Man Down. H seems more concerned these days with being Dirty Harry than he does with the actual investigating of a crime. Leave it be. The more attention we(fans) draw to it the worse it could get. If there is an issue and they wish to keep it private, let them. By exposing the problem to the press it could cause one or more of the actors to leave the show....then where will you/we be?

Anyway getting back to E/C :D, it is getting hard to read as to what the writers are intending to do with Jake. I mean when he first showed up they made out to be a real ass (don't get me wrong I still think he is one) but lately they seem to be warming his character up, case in point Monday's ep, although I think he helped more for himeself and out of guilt than he did b/c he actually cared for Cal..which proves he is still an ass. My main concern is how long the writers intended to drag this out. Personally, while I like the whole triangle and conflict it gives E/C, it is starting to get a little old now. How many chances is she going to give a guy she knows deep down will break her heart? and why is she willing, when she knows damn well, to ignore something she knows to be real; i.e. her feelings for Eric? These issues need to be addressed and the writers seem to be in slow motion when it comes to addressing them. I think we are getting there but seriously I think I can run faster!

I have no doubt that Jake's days are numbered and E/C will happen it is just a matter of how long the writers feel like squeezingthe life out of this whole thing. Of course the strike isn't helping and any plans for a resoltion with E/C, not necessarily J/C b/c I think he will be gone before we see repeats, could now be pushed totally into next season. But am I the only one who feels this is now starting to take too long and get old?? I mean it could just be me but seriously let's move on now.

9. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

There is a BAC calculator on the internet, and according to it, two 5oz glasses of champagne for a 100 pound person in 1 hour would result in a BAC of .04. I figure Calleigh, being small, would be around 100 pounds, certainly no more than 120 (the BAC at that weight would be .03).

Now for Jake, I put his weight at 160...4 glasses of champagne would put his BAC at .09! At 140 pounds it would be .10! And this is within an hours time frame (wonder how long before Calleigh got to the bar that he'd been drinking). If he'd been drinking for 2 hours, the BAC would be .07 (160 lbs) and .08 (140 lbs).

We don't know how big the mimosa glasses were, but the drink is orange juice & champagne, so its very possible there wasn't quite 5oz of champange in each drink.

delkolover...I completely agree about the issue the H/C ship has with the lack of interaction between Horatio & Calleigh and how they want an immediate answer from TPTB about it, asking people in the business about it, etc. I sure would hate to see both DC and EP hounded by the media about a possible issue between the two of them. It sure would put the show, and the 2 actors, in a bad light, whether or not there really is an issue. Lord, next thing you know TMZ will be following & hounding the two actors trying to get either of them to respond in a negative fashion.

10. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Jessica, I honestly don't think you have anything to be afraid of! Especially not from us. I for one would like to hear more of your insights regarding the triangle because there are points where Jake is a good guy (and points where he's not so good) I'm going to agree with the majority in saying that Eric is the real stand-up guy, but Jake shouldn't have been made as ridiculous as he was, you know?
    SYG definitely threw me for a loop with the whole J/C thing. I was expecting a little more drama and anger. too bad we can only speculate.
    As far as Calleigh's looking at Eric? I definitely saw it as a look of longing, but what if she was steeling herself for whatever he had to say, you know?

I think I said this before (and so have a few others), but Jake isn't going to get on Calleigh's good side by drinking and lying about it. Her dad is family, but Jake (and probably any man, Eric included) would be more expendable if he had a drinking problem. I doubt she'd want to get into that kind of relationship.

Okay, I think I got way off the point, and if this was a paper I had to grade, I'd give myself an F because there was simply no cohesion...ah well.

11. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Oh of course Jessica! I love your views, it's only healthy debate and I find the whole E/C/J thing great. We wouldn't take your HipHuggers off you!!

I was expecting more angst too Jacks... but it has to happen sometime I suppose.

I think the show is presenting Jake like this to throw the audience opinion. People will begin to question him more now, which will make it easier for them when they decide to have him leave.

Did that make any semblance of sense?

12. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

I think that as JC would be resolved soon (I agree that this is going on far too long for my taste), EC get-together would be in a very slow motion. I don't even mind that because Calleigh would want to take time before going into another relationship, especially with Eric. That relationship would have 'handle it with care' plastered all over it (whether it applies when they're in bed together is a different story). I just hope that we'll have something solid to hang on to if not on Feb. sweeps then by May sweeps. I just hope that the strike would be resolved on their next meeting and then we can go about slowly in building EC as Jake's heading for the door.

13. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

That's actually the feeling I got the first time I saw it, which is why I was pissed about the episode as a whole. It's kinda too late for the writers to try to salvage what little of Jake's character they haven't destroyed, though, which is a shame, because if they had presented him in this way from the get go, it would've made for a much better storyline.

Re lack of interaction between H and Calleigh: I stated my opinion in the episode thread. I'm glad to see that most people, while they've noticed it, don't really care. Every show has fluctuating ratings from season to season. I highly doubt that people stopped watching because they took away the two minutes per episode where they interacted. Give me a break.

Nostalgia attack! Squee! I uploaded a couple more from season 3, too.

14. FluffyBlonde

FluffyBlonde Witness

I think Jake is a good guy in some aspects ... but in others he's just a jerk. One day, she'll realise that Erics the guy for her (If not already!) but what happens after that might be interesting...

I'd like to see some CSI Miami Bloopers but there aren't any on YouTube. Dissapointing.

Drommie

XOXOXOX

17 posts to go and counting ...

15. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

I know! I'm sooo waiting for the Miami bloopers! I don't think they're in Season 5 DVD but I really want to see some bloopers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.