Eric/Calleigh #26: Known To Cause Arousal In Laboratory Mice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eric/Calleigh #26: Known To Cause Arousal In Laboratory

Totally forgot :p..............

Somethingsdon't another rave review hun keep em' coming cause I love em'!!!! ;)

Leela you're a goddess for posting that clip!!!

^Yours and midnight tiptoes avatars are great!!!! I love futurama!!!! :)

Thank you Leela for the clip, I just don't get tired of watching it :) And I like Eric's "I would transfer to the night shift" as a thread title. It just says so much about how obvious it is these two will end up together.

Jackie you are absolutely not seeing things. Jerkley is her safety net. Even more so now, because she saw that Eric is committed and he just said the nicest thing anyone has ever said to her, but he also took away the last bit of security she had. She's terrified to be with Eric, to have strong emotions that she's not completely in control of, to let herself go. I think on some level she feels she doesn't deserve to be truly happy, and she's afraid of losing control because to her control and appearances are everything, and as long as she can convince herself she's happy with Jerkly she doesn't have to lose that control. There's no danger with him because there's no true feeling. Also, her parents had a messy divorce, that's really the only example she has, and her experiences have been less than perfect. She probably feels that any relationship is doomed to failure, and she knows how much Eric means to her and she doesn't want to lose that. While Eric came from the big happy family that stayed happy and all he sees is forever. And even with that foundation, Eric sees her fears and understands why she has them, and he knows her well enough to know that she has to work through them on her own; the best he can do is to just let her know he'll wait for her to sort herself out. She's got a whole new set of things to sort now because he's just told her that he's basically willing to give up his job for her, everything for her really. And for someone who has had to be grown up since she was six (Was that in an episode? Where??? How did I miss a character thing that huge!) and has never had anyone do anything like that for her, she's probably like holy frelling crap how do I respond to that?! She's more likely to push her feelings away and not deal with them, but that one she has to deal with, because the dynamic of their relationship is changing whether she likes it or not, it's growing deeper and stronger, and as bad as she wants it she's afraid of it too, because that means the end is in sight and she can't handle losing him. She won't lose him, but she can't see that. All she knows is her history, and it's pretty grim. Not to say that losing Jerkly won't hurt, if he was her first, she'll always care about him on some level and any betrayal will sting, but it won't completely destroy her like losing Eric would. And it will be easier because Eric will be right there to pick up the pieces and put them back together as only he can do. I can totally see him showing up at her house with the ice cream and sappy movies (or comedies, when I'm sad I go for the stupid comedies that make me laugh my ass off like Airplane and The Mask) and it's back to their comfortable routine. In her mind, if she makes that leap with Eric, it's the end of them, and that would kill her. I think he's getting to her though, because in that scene last night you could almost see her thinking maybe getting together won't be the end. Maybe it really will be the fairy tale forever where two people are just halves of the same soul and the partnership strengthens them both. And damn I'm an idiot for not giving him a chance sooner! It'll still take something big to get her away from Jerkley though because she is a true Southern woman and she has loyalty and respect for everyone, and she won't want to hurt him no matter what he's done to her. Hagen was abusive and she would still go have coffee with him. She can't stand to see anyone hurting.

Okay am I completely insane? *goes back to searching old episodes for thread titles and the address of the lab*

Oh and if someone wants to put a Calleigh profile on the web I'll type up everything I've got on her. It'll be crazy long though. My website will probably take a while...

Wow!!! That was ... wow! You should be a biographer! Its so true. Poor Calleigh.

When I saw that clip I was like 'Oh yes! Finally! *looks around* And theres no one to hug!' I need a hug! Yay!

Drommie

XXXXXXX

Hagen was abusive and she would still go have coffee with him. She can't stand to see anyone hurting.

Was Hagen abusive? I don't think we ever saw any evidence of that. Unless of course, I missed something big :lol:

But as for the end of that quote, definatly. Her first instinct is always to make sure everyone else is ok.

"Is the collage girl ok?"
"You don't thik Eric got hurt?"
"Are you ok?"

Things like this get said by her so often and I think it is a testiment to how considorate her character is. But, growing up, it sounds as though she never had anyone to ask if she is ok. She needs it.

And how many times have we heard Eric say exactly that?

Oh I don't even know where to begin...This is when I go to making lists...
1. Hagen: controlling, definitely pushed his boundaries, but I don't think he could have abused Calleigh (either emotionally or physically) and lived very long. She doesn't take crap.
2. "I'd transfer" oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh!!!! I almost peed my pants. On the other hand (and maybe I'm reading too much into this) Calleigh's reaction was kind of interesting. She seemed to consider him for a moment, and then she gave him a smile that seemed (to me at least) similar to the Senior cheerleader telling the little high school freshman that his valentine's day card was thoughtful and sweet. Do you know what I mean? Like "Oh" pat pat...cute little kid.
Though, I am of two minds on this one...because she did look truly touched, and I know she sees Eric as more than just her puppy....so maybe she got little butterflies in her stomach but had to hide them because of her "I'm Calleigh and no one should see my emotions" thing.
3. Laura, your insights are so interesting (and dead on, I'm guessing) Are you secretly writing for the show? Honestly...so well thought out and well articulated.
4. Eric--what a man...Jake's a jerk, but he still apologizes for something like that. Can you say strength of character? Dear Calleigh, please understand that Eric is the man for you. Sincerely, the whole freaking world.
5. Honestly, I just wanted to end on a 'rounded' number. that was it.

Jacks :) I've seen the clip (the only part of last nights episode I actually saw gerr.) and I think it was like.

"Aww," *she stares at him* "mmmmm, why is he nice? God, I'd like to suck on that lip" *she looks away* "Nope, can't have that thought" :lol: But that's just me hehe.
:devil:

Yeah, I could see that. I watched the clip another six times, and I definitely saw the whole gamot running through Cal's head: He's not serious. Oh my....he is! Wow, that's amazing. Hang on, how am I supposed to feel about this? Maybe I should taper my response a bit...

*hugs Drommie* I needed one too, last night and every time I watch it over again :)

I know Calleigh well because she's very like me. And the ship is like what I'm living with the person I'm in love with who doesn't know I exist.

I just watched Going Under again, and Jerkley says sometimes its safer to be on the dark side. And he was doing drugs. I wonder if Cal knows that. And as much as Horatio bugs me, he's not going to hurt her by telling ehr because even though she could kick all their asses she's the soul of the team and they're all protective of her. Except for the one that she's with. She was so cold to him in Going Under, where's that Calleigh?

Aaaaaaahhhhh!! the "If it were me, I'd transfer to the nightshift scene." was sooo adorable that the ending scene didn't bother me that much only disappointed me because the rest of the episode gave us so much! But that may have had something to do with the fact that Calleigh finally saw just how much Eric cares about her!! And as someone said Eric is getting to her! You could tell that her heart melted in her chest when he said that! The look on her face was priceless!! Calleighs feelings are defiantly taking on a more dominant role and there is no way she is going to be able to supress them for much longer!!

loved the beginning when she was giving Jerkly the cold shoulder!! They are going to be over soon! (by like episode 9)I think the only reason that she is still with Jerkly is because she cant deny that she and Eric are perfect for each other!!

Hagen was definitely emotionally abusive in that he never really gave her credit for being anything but the typical little helpless woman that he needed to protect to have his ego stroked, and for Calleigh the worst insult is to not be seen for what she is: strong and capable and together and in control. He grabbed her like he wanted to do something and she stared him down, but with her background I could see her believing that she deserves it. See my story Mourning Innocence on FF.net. Prequel to I-95 South.

I agree that Eric is the first to ever consider her first, and that's probably part of the stuff she doesn't know how to handle. She raised her brothers, she's used to being the one who takes care of everyone. She mentored Ryan and then Natalia. I think she puts Eric above everyone definitely, instinctively, but her compassion is the way she tempers the bad in the world; it gives her the power to make things better. She cares and genuinely wants to help and sometimes that alone does help.

Again with Hagen, she doesn't take crap but at the same point she's grown up thinking that she doesn't deserve to be happy and that what she had is all she deserves, and I know its possible to both understand abuse is bad and want to protect people from it without making the connection that it's also bad for you, and I think that's possible with her.

I think her stare was most likely it dawning on her exactly what she could have if she could let go and take the leap with Eric. She's never had an example of a good relationship so it's foreign territory.

Dude, if I was secretly writing for the show I'd have a much better house and food every day. Anyone wanna hire me? :lol: But you guys are seriously making my day over here, I thought I was just rambling :lol:

She has no more reason to not be with Eric, so she has to be with Jerkley because shes terrified. I'm guessing 9 will be the straw that breaks her...

Star: Just realised I have just posted a review at the critique site for you (I think) :)

Oh can someone tell me what hapened in the last scene between J/C. I am so sad that I missed this!

She's sort of making up these new reasons in her head. You could see it on her face, (again in that one clip I have seen and analysed the hell out of.) She was thinking, 'I can't think of him like this.' And you sort of saw her shake those thoughts off when she looked away.

Calleigh pulls out her gun and pistol-whips Jake across the face, then karate chops him to oblivion.

Oh wait, that was only in my head.

Okay, UGH, if I must: They walk outside the lab, Jake a few feet behind and at one point, both of them just kinda stop, Jake catches up and they look at each other and smile. Then Jake reaches out his hand and Calleigh holds it for a moment. Jake winks like the character from the fucking 1980s movie he clearly came out of, and they smile again and part.

UGH, thanks Jodie, now I have to go wash my hands from typing out this filth.

Leela with a Leela icon! Now we need a Bender. Who's gonna get that one?

I don't think Calleigh was just being nice to Eric. Otherwise it would've been a knee jerk response to what he'd said and she would've moved on to other things. Instead she thought about it for a while with this dreamy look on her face, then she smiled, and when Eric looked away she kinda stared into the distance and you could see the wheels in her head turning, like she was having doubts about not having chosen Eric.

I think that scene for me signified Calleigh realizing that she would be happiest with Eric. Jake, after all, would never choose her over his work, Hagen was an ass and Peter was a deuce. But here's Eric, on the other hand, basically telling her, "I would do anything for you even if it meant quitting my job." I'm pretty sure no one has ever said something like that to Calleigh, and it knocked her off her feet. Again:

sunblock5.jpg

You can jump to your own conclusions, of course, but the look on her face at that moment, how the scene was quiet for like 5 seconds as she thought and her smile faded, told me she realized, "wow, this guy really loves me and he would make me happy. Jake would never do this for me."

Of course, the problem is: this is Calleigh. She sees happiness coming and she runs the other way. I'm pretty sure she KNOWS that Eric is the one, or is at least starting to realize it, but this scares her and instead she runs to her comfort zone. Calleigh's aware that she wouldn't be happy with Jake and they would be a disaster together ("you just sped up the inevitable"), but that's all she knows. I really hope the writers take their time to explore her feelings and why she is the way she is, otherwise it would seem like a rip off. I don't want Eric and Calleigh to hook up and ignore all issues. I want all the issues explored!

ETA: Guys, we need a thread title! I have a few but they don't involve last night's quote and I think that's what we want, right?

I think that scene for me signified Calleigh realizing that she would be happiest with Eric. Jake, after all, would never choose her over his work, Hagen was an ass and Peter was a deuce. But here's Eric, on the other hand, basically telling her, "I would do anything for you even if it meant quitting my job." I'm pretty sure no one has ever said something like that to Calleigh, and it knocked her off her feet.
Exactly. I was really taken with this scene - the acting, the writing - just everything about it was perfectly executed and genuinely poignant. I loved it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back