Eric & Calleigh #20 -- With Every Fiber... Of Her Panties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eric & Calleigh #20 -- With Every Fiber... Of Her Pantie

To do that for the heck of it....regardless of it being an E/C thing would be a total waste in my opinion. If it gets to the point where the writers *have* to do that yo create drama I think the show will have reached its peak and it would be no more. Only b/c that would the dumbest way to create drama in a show like this and it would have been a total waste of their and our time. You don't get any couple together only to break them up to create drama. You hook two characters up for that and then build on possible deepening feelings between the two but you don't do the oppostie. The writers have spent way tooo much time and effort on this to make it only last like 2 episodes like Eric and I'm not even going to mention her name did. It would be a waste.

See where I am going with this or is it confusing? It really can be applied to any ship on any show...think about it

Damn! I missed my song!

Well does anyone think the show will go back to its old self? I mean it seems like things are going nut now. Ever since Eric was shot, you'd think the rest of the team would just rest and realize they should be happy to be alive.

I think things would have to be different, remember what Alex said to Calleigh, that Eric would not be the same Eric, the writers will have to do something with that.

yeah lets hope him 'being different' means he will make a move on Cal!! :D :lol: Ya know near death experience and all he might throw caution into the wind :lol:

you know that's exactly what I was thinking, especially when I saw the episode, which I can't help but watch over and over again, and then ofcourse there is Corey, who is not saying anything at all, I am taking that as a good sign, but we will just have to wait and see. Didn't he also say that every character would change by the end of the season or something like that??

You know, I was wondering if we were going to have more of the season 2 Eric or if Alexx meant he was going to be completly different.

Season 2 Eric was a little bit more exciting than season 3 and 4 Eric but let's face it they've all matured and changed so I doubt they will go back to the old Eric.

You saw a change in Eric in season 3 and 4 b/c he had to deal with heavy issues ie Speed dying and his sister. So I don't think they will take him back to season 2 but I think he will be different in the sense that he may have a little memory loss and may be more subdued personality wise.

Then again he could go the complete opposite and be this care free hippie type person who feels life is too short and he feels the need to walk right up to Calleigh and kiss her!! :lol:

Really the writers could take it either way but whatever way they take it I hope it works in our favor! :D

You see, maybe him losing his memory was so that he could finally make a move on Calleigh! Well you know how we always say we can't wait to see what the team does around him? Well how do you think Eric will at around the team? Do you think he may be like "Um...who are you?" or "I have no idea what you're talking about" when they try to look back on old memories.

I don't think he will totally be like 'who are you?' or 'what are you talking about?' but I do think he will have to think hard about what they are talking about. Ya know maybe pause for a moment and then come to a realization about it. Remember Alexx said that motor skills can be slowed by this but I would assume the same thing could be said about memories. When someone tries to get you to remember something it tends to jolt through your mind very quickly but with him I think that might be slowed.

I don't think he is going to have total memory loss b/c that would be stupid and it has been done before with other shows. And since he is back at work I doubt he has that much memory loss or they wouldn't let him work.

So I think there will be small things that he may forget and other things that are slow to come to him but I don't think things will totally be gone.

As for Calleigh, I think she is going to be watching him with one eye throughout the rest of the season. She has always been a little protective of him and I think now she will even be more so. Their best friends and I think she will have hard time with any possible changes in him and she will try as hard as possible to make sure he is ok....which I think will bring them closer both friendship wise and possibly as a couple. Corey said they would be closer than ever and I think this is how they are going to do it.

I think we all think about this way too much. I know I've probably spent more time thinking of different ways to join and break-up these two than I have thinking about stuff that pertains to my actual life. :lol:

delkolover said:
How I think it will go is a different story. I think the writers will move them closer to each other emotionally. I don't think we will see anything physical between them this season but if they are going to get them together, I see it happening next season. As for how long they will make it last......that is a hard question to answer b/c the writers really could make it go either way.

If they keep them together the writers could show how hard it would be for them to work and be in a relationship and of course there is the opportunity to expand the emotional base of Calleigh's character. You could also get conflicting personal and professional views interacting at work. We've seen how easily Calleigh can separate work from home but can Eric?

If they don't keep them together then of course there is opportunity for the writers to explore the akwardness of them working together afterwards and the complications of any unresolved emotional ties/issues...ie any jealously or the fact that both of them *want* to be back together but struggle with it because of work.

My feelings are pretty much on par with Jackie's on this topic. Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind if they got them together and broke them up, if it happened at a later date and was handled maturely. In fact, I think I'd rather enjoy it. I could see them getting together quitely and without much fanfare (so no huge declarations of undying love ladies. Yet, that is ;)). They would be together for a good while, and they'd be extremely happy for the most part, but of course, no relationship is without its problems. This is one of the things I enjoy the most about this pairing, getting them together is only half of the fun, there's so much to expand upon with both characters once they are in that situation. As others have said, Eric's probably going to have a tough time separating work from his personal life. Calleigh's going to want to keep in under wraps, whilst Eric will probably want it to be out in the open. It doesn't even have to be totally work-related either. Maybe an argument that started between the two as colleagues will spill over into being personal. Or maybe work will have nothing to do with it at all, we know they both have interesting family situations, seeing them try and deal with whilst managing their relationship that would be fascinating. And of course, neither of them has been in a secure, long-lasting relationship in quite a while, how are they going to deal with that change? There's so many opportunities to be had here that are fresh and new and would really move the characters along; I can't believe the writers don't want to jump all over this.

Anyway, back to what I was saying, in this time, although problems may arise, this is where they show us what we already know, that besides all their issues that they are meant for each other and do make each other happier than they thought they could be. *is pathetic* :D.

But then, say one of these issues gets the better of them and they split. To me, having Calleigh pull away from Eric the moment soemthing goes slightly awry is very in character. The split opens up even more opportunities too. The awkwardness of working together. Will they try and make their friendship survive or just let it fall by the wayside? Can they even be friends after all this? And of course, eventually, as much as they try to deny it, the feelings will still be there underlying. You can expect them to crop up again at the most inappropriate moments. ;) The angsty moments will be great, you know Adam and Emily will kick the crap out of them!

Of course, after all that we'd get our happy ending whenever the series ends for good. I'm an angsty wench, but even I need to happy ending when it comes to these two, they've suffered enough! (and so have we! ;))

I don't want them to get these two together just to make drama. That would be ridiculous and a complete waste. If TBTP gave me that option right now, as difficult as it'd be I'd turn it down, because as much as I want to see this couple go canon, I wouldn't want it treated like that; all the potential would be ruined and it would probably end up unsalvagable. I'm happier to wait it out, as gut-wrenching as that can be at times. If they must keep it until the very end of the shows run, then so be it. I'll still be here waiting. Of course, if they were going to go through with that, they'd have to give us something in the meantime. :D

I'm going to be really frickin' pissed if nothing comes out of this near-death experience, not only as a shipper, but just a fan in general. Something should come out of an event as big as this. Again, it's a great opportunity for some character development any way you cut it. Hopefully for us, whatever they decide to make out of this, Calleigh will be involved. Heck, even if Eric says he wants to go and get a sex change so he can run off with a man called Sergei (who happens to be the most limber member of the Moscow State Circus) to a foreign country where their love will no longer be bound by the shackles of an oppressive Republican government and they are free to wed in a commitment ceremony more lavish and fabulous than that of Elton John and his 'man candy' David Furnish then he should tell Calleigh. After all she is his closest friend, after all.

C'mon writers, you need to do something about this right now. You have television gold at your disposal, don't bloody waste it! :mad:

Thank the Lord it's nearly Montag. *hops off to take her meds* :)

^ You are an angst wench!! :lol:

But I agree with you in the sense that I wouldn't be totally upset if they got them together for a short time and then broke them up if in the end they were to get back together when the show finally ends.

When I was young I was huge Star Trek the Next Generation fan and an Troi/Riker shipper! Yes I can admit it! :lol: And those two were on again off again for like the entire series and they always remained friends and while things were awkward at times, they were always drawn to each other and were friends. And then in the final and last Star Trek movie the writers made it official and married them.

I think if the end result with E/C were similar I will be happy...it will be hard to watch the in between of course and to see that we get our victory and then the PTB ripped apart but if the end is sweet then the road to get there will have been well worth it.

That's not to say that when and if it were to happen like I said above I wouldn't cry like a 2 year!! :lol:

When I was young I was huge Star Trek the Next Generation fan and an Troi/Riker shipper! Yes I can admit it!
OMG ME TOOOOOOO!!! I was the most obsessive Imzadi shipper EVER!!! Good old days!!!

*coughs*

Sorry...

Oh look at the Leela, she's encouraging others to delurk here and then is too lazy to come back for days... *slaps self*
So, welcome Sab! :)

Here's something for us all to make us feel warm and loved and... awww...
adamemily02.jpg

When ya'll were young? Well, jeez...you can't be that old. Then again...

Well you know what Ali, that is why I am so hesitant about getting them together now. With all this drama going on, anything could happen.

You know, everyone on this forum seems to feel as thought the writers will forget that Eric was shot. I have to say, I don't think they will. I mean they obviously got him shot for some reason. They probably wanted a big change, too.

Yeah young Star Trek the Next Generation was on in the early 90's I'm gonna be 27 in a few months and while that is not old old the early 90's were a while ago :D

Glad to know I am not the only Imzadi shipper out there!!

I don't think the writers are totally going to forget that Eric was shot...how can you? I think that now that the event is over they will use the shooting as a secondary storyline for any changes in his character and they probably used it as a way to stir up his character. As if the guy didn't have enough shit going on his life, he needed this?!!

The event will probably be used also to change and evolve the characters around him to. Remember they all changed when Speed died so I think we are coming up on the next evolutionary step for each of the shows major players. Ya know this event shows them that life can throw you a curveball and we are going to see how they all deal with it in their own way like we did with Speed

I've re-watched 'Man Down' many times recently (as you well know, heh :D) and I've been thinking about this quite a bit. So, excuse me while I go off on this tangent for a minute.

I was thinking what if they gave Eric memory loss not so they could do a follow-up story centered around that, but rather to bring it back to the forefront in case they wanted to do a depression-type storyline. From what I'm aware of, we are supposed to believe that the season takes place over the course of one year. By episode 15, over half of the year has gone by. Now, I think they brought this situation with Marisol back up for two different reasons:

1. Television viewers are stupid. A lot of them don't, or can't be bothered, to remember what happened way back at the start of the season. By doing this, it's back in the front of their minds, and it makes it easier to follow.

2. With over six months having gone by, some people mind not believe that Eric is just starting to feel the effects of his sister's death. Some people would think that if he were going to have such a reaction, it would have happened already. By having him forget and have to remember it all over again, it brings fresh grief for Eric, and now they can capitalize on it once again. Let's face it, I'd have trouble believing Eric had been depressed this whole time. The only time he looked it was at the end of 'Throwing Heat' and the only time he mentioned his sister was one line in a throwaway conversation with Alexx. If he was not dealing with everything, he sure covered it up very well. Plus, it brings new sympathy from the audience, all of us are sitting here thinking 'Poor Eric, having to re-live that nightmare again!'

I guess we'll see in the next episode if they are planning to do anything with the memory loss bit, but I wouldn't be surprised if by the time the show starts Horatio has already clued Eric in on everything that has happened, and Eric, physically, is hunky-dorey. Of course, this is Miami, and they could just as easily have him perfect emotionally too, no matter how much I may bitch about it. :rolleyes:

Either way, if they go through with either of those storylines, I think they'll have a hard time denying us our Calleigh involvement. She really is the only plausible person he'd go to to confide in about anything like this, and after the hospital scene, they pretty much put her smack dab in the situation already! Can't take it back now can you, Ann! ;) (I didn't mean that, please don't punish us :()

:D

EDIT: By the way, I just found out that Krystal Houghton was one of the writers of the next episode. That's gotta be good, right? She was the mastermind behind 'Throwing Heat' after all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back