Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

I don't understand why in CSi Miami all the relatioships are interrupted before they begin...I hate it!

2. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Me, too. Eric and Calleigh could be so happy together because of their long friendship turned to romantic relationship. Hell, that happened wiith my mom and dad and they've been married for almost 50 years Why does the writing staff have to complicate matters to the point of unbeleivablility? Just let Eric and Calleigh already have worked out everything off screen and be happy together.. Damn, the writers suck.

3. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

Yes Ladyd10,what you say concern all the characters of the show and it's absurd!

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I agree, writers longing for unnecessary drama seems endless - John Hagen dies, Marisol dies, Speedle dies, no relationship is able to last for more than few episodes - seems like a very dangerous place to be, this Miami. And of course all the mafia...It starts to remind a classic soap opera - Like Sunset Beach for example, where actions where completely on the verge of probability...wait, didn't they just add Eddie Cibrian, former star of this show, to CSI Miami cast? That explains a lot...
    Sorry for my moaning...but I'm really fed up with lack of just one happy ending(and I only care for one)...

5. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

I hope no more in a relationship that works,like you say Kala,only few episodes and it's all over,always...

6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

^^
    It's little things like this that make me happy ;)

To read that the actors still believe that the two characters are still together makes me thrilled. I am missing Eric like crazy and have noticed a huge change in Calleigh's character since he left.

So let's get a discussion going in here since it has been pretty dry since the relationship has been put on the backburner so to speak

Adam Rodriguez believes that Eric & Calleigh are still together, do you & why? Or do you think that the did leave Miami for a while and is now back?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  7. belluvsmiami

belluvsmiami Prime Suspect

well it has been some time since this thread actually got going.......

To answer your question Are they still together??

I guess that depends on people's own interpretation of what goes on "after hours".

I would love to believe that they are still together, the last time he was in an ep it didnt really say yay or nay just maybe......

Seeing Calleighs character of late seems she is having some seperation issues maybe just him not being there, definitley a change in her somethings missing...that a certain new comer just cant fill, dont get me wrong hes a nice guy i just prefer Eric, and thats my personal choice.

Did he leave and come back??

Depending on what comes next in what they say to one another I would guess he needed some time away from it all.
    If they are still indeed together the job is part of her too and she is part of him now so a small part of me says he had a break but is back.

As far as the relationships go on this show, which disappoints me too why do they all end before they can say anything at all??

LV has had marriage so I ve heard Grissom and Sara?? or am i wrong?? and we have babies on NY??? so does that mean since Miami is the middle sister they they get all the rubbish/disaster/drama???

Writers have yet to satisfy us yet?? as far as any relationship goes, they wound us up with E/C only to leave us hanging to me its just not right but anyways

Not sure if that answered any of your questions but like I said I'd have to make a better decision on ar they or arent they once i see what comes next......??

And done.

8. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Hey Y'all!! Haven't been here in a while...

After reading this article I must say my heart melted!!!! This was the best read of my morning..of my day...of my week! I am so happy that he thinks they still are together and so does Emily because I do too!! :adore:

How could you not want to fall madly in love with this guy? He is so sweet. He missed her face? {DIES, MELTS, ALL THAT!!}

I am really happy at the thought of seeing how this comes into play. How will they go all the way with it? Its pretty obvious that Calleigh is affected by Eric not being there. She's not all there, and truthfully, I don't think Emily is all there without Adam being present either. To have everyone clap for you when you come to work is absolutely a clear sign that this CAN NOT END! That's respect! Eric and Calleigh made CSI Miami interesting to watch. Now....well....you all see what we have to deal with. Ratings dropped, and Adam was definitely missed.

Did/Will he leave and come back? It looks promising. He sounds like he's a bit optimistic and maybe has something in the works...dunno. All I could say is I miss this thread. I feel like I caught my second wind with his honesty and comments about the ship. :thumbsup:

WE MISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS UUUUUUUUU ADAM!!!! XO

9. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Woohoo! Feels good to see this thread alive and kicking again.
    Thanks for the info texmex.

I've watched that scene in Bad Seed countless times and the more I watch it the more confident I am that they are still together---maybe just cooling off a bit but definitely still together. I would agree with Adam in saying that "at least they are in pretty regular communication" --irregardless on whether Eric left Miami or not.

I'm so glad that Adam and Emily are so into this EC love story too. Based on the spoilers, I don't think I'd be happy with Ep 8.11 E/C scenes but I'm glad we get to see Adam again.
    Hopefully, we'd get something positive with E/C in the coming episodes with Adam.

Despite of the uncertainty now, I still believe that we would eventually get the happy ending we all are wishing for- a CSIM wedding.:):):)

10. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I agree!! I don't think I've seen one on any of the franchises yet and it would be great for CSI M to do this for our fave couple. They are really inseparable and I guess my shipper heart will definitely take Adam's comment about going all the way - alllll the way to the alter!! This is what this thread name is all about: Beating down the opposition!!

Although 8.11 will be hard to watch, I'm keeping faith, based on this article.
    I have a newfound love for my fave couple... :adore:

<<==== Yay!! I'm finally a Lab Technician!! Took me long enough, LOL ;)

11. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Csi relationships are always filled with drama and problems. No one can ever be happy, even when they do marry. I would be a nice turn of events if they get married; every csi show has a married couple, miami should join in as well.

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I pop in to drop a really really nice gift off....enjoy :D

Ok so Eric is back in 814! YAY and even hotter than that is there is a scene where Cal says they have to discuss what happened the night before and that they told each other it wouldn't happen again. Eric laughs and says and yet it keeps happening. He has to leave to follow the case but she says they will discuss it later. He winks and says "your place or mine?" They go in different directions but both have that wicked little flirty smile on their faces. Well that is how the spoilers descirbe the scene ;)

And I too think they will eventually get their happy ending....the writers made us wait a minimum of 2 1/2 years for this....there is no way they could leave us hanging....unless they want ALOT of hate mail. :lol:

13. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

OMG! I'm smiling ear to ear right now. Just read spoilers for Ep 8.14.

There is a scene where Eric and Calleigh were talking about what happened the previous night. It's a confirmation that they are still very much together.:luvlove:

I can't wait!

14. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

HOLY CRAP!

THANK YOU DELKOLOVER! YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY!

My first instinct with this conversation is that they were talking about how they did the horizontal mambo. But then, I had another thought. I'm probably off-base here, but a girl can dream.

I'm not convinced that they are currently broken up...so...what if the "we promised that wouldn't happen again!" is code for "we promised that we'd use birth control after that one time we forgot it!"...and since not using birth control can lead to the fertilization of an egg...what if this is the first hint that there's going to be an E/C baby?

I'm probably way off-base, but I thought I'd share my idea with my fellow E/C lovers. My guess is that they were probably implying that they were taking a little break, so they shouldn't have been intimate...OR they were still together, but had agreed to hold off on the physical aspect of their relationship temporarily...

but of course, they can't resist each other, so...things happen. ;):devil:

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

The impression I got from it and this goes back to his appearance in 811 where there is a scene (which cuts off) where he tries to apologize for how he left things off between them. So given that, I think they were broken up but we are obviously supposed to assume that after 811 ended they "talked" afterwards and then hooked up. When this ep picks up they seem to be "hooking up" from time to time but they might not actually be together "together." She pretty much says it when she says that they agreed it wouldn't keep happening.

Obviously the feelings are still there with them. And I definately think that whatever is going on with them could be used as a spring board for something else. Whether it is pregnancy or not is another story. We will just have to wait and see how this plays out.....one thing is for sure though (as long as it stays and appears in the ep this way) it is going to be interesting and totally cute ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.