Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

I don't want be negative but I think the producers and writers want make Eric and Calleigh fight for a lot of episodes...I have this sensation..

2. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Lia I do think so too...maybe they will be fighting throught the season and at the end they will be back and get marry...there wasn't any wedding in CSI yet, I mean Sara and Grissom are married and Lindsey and Danny from NY, but there was no wedding really...wouldn't it be cool if Calleigh was in a beautiful white dress and Eric looking proud and happy? I know it's a crime drama, but seriously I'm tired of everyone being unhappy on CSIMiami...there is no relationship that lasts...If there will not be a happy ending I will quit watching, as I much prefer other CSIs stories, Law&Order, The Mentalist. I watch CSI for Calleigh&Delko...

3. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I just saw a few promo pictures from 8.11, "Delko for the Defence" and...:(
    There are 3 pictures in that spoiler:
    1- Eric sitting by himself
    2- Eric talking to H
    4- Calleigh, Jesse and H sitting in what looks like a courtroom? Cal & Jesse are sitting next to each other :rolleyes:, and Cal has this real shocked look on her face... I wonder what the writers are throwing at E/C again!!! Enough already!!! Give them (and us) a break pleaaase!

4. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

I agree..I mean,stop the fight!I know CSI Miami is not a comedy,but why start a relationship on the show and after few episodes changes everything?
    see Eric/Natalia,Calleigh/Jake,Horatio/Marisol...I really don't understand.
    For sure I don't want see Csi Miami become a comedy but make a couple and let us see the developments!

5. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

I saw the promo pics too. :(
    I'll be so happy to see Eric back in Miami again but I really hope we get a good EC moment in the episode. Something we can really look forward to.

Hello Guys!:)

6. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

Hello!:)
    we have to hope to see a little romance in this season,not only continue fight..

7. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

8. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hello people,

I just read on the wikipedia.org(under:Calleigh Duquesne) that in Season 8 it is rumoured that she will be expecting a baby by Eric Delko. It says also, that it's just rumours, but why didn't I hear these rumours before? I thought it's rather in fan fiction area...that would be soooo cool...

9. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

maybe wikipedia simply report what Emily says in Montecarlo...however I really hope it can be true! :)

10. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

kala79l

In my experience with Wikipedia pages....you can only take anything with not only a grain, but a huge salt lick. Folks make up and perpetuate rumors all the time. I saw the Monte Carlo interview and she only stated that she HOPED that this was her, personal, year, and it would work so nicely into the Hiphuggers storyline that it just felt like a go ahead since she already spoke with the writers, that, if she became pregnangt, that she wanted that for Calleigh, too. The giant, yet small, word here is IF Calleigh is going to get pregnant and start a family. She didn't give any indication that she was pursuing it by aggressive medical means or anything. She didn't mention a dedicated male in her life (perhaps just keeping part of her private life, private). Her desire for hearth and home was expressed, but nothing beyond that. Until she actually announces an engagement or pregnancy, I'd ignore the hype and gossip. For years, now, she's been far above the tabloid press unless she chose to be interviewed and it was always on her own turf and on her own subjects. Smart lady. As she put it long ago: her most favorite Saturday night consisted of a long hot bubble bath and curling up with her newest entymology book until she fell asleep. Not something that headlines are written about. To me, that's anoyingly scandalous. Pays to be an individual and not part of the funeral sheeple that come out for anything that might give her press.

11. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Yeah, I also think that not everything on Wikipedia is true(sometimes even far form the truth...), but was hoping that maybe this time it was truth(that would be so great) and we would have a happy ending in CSIM for a change. I really admire her for not revealing her private life and wish her well, whatever she decides(hope she will not leave CSI, though).

12. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

I really can't believe Emily go away,I don't want believe it..

13. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Well, she only said a possible end to the series or a possible last season for her. I think that she was speaking more metaphorically than actually, despite the fact that season 8 hasn't been all that great in the writing. The actors are doing their best with they've been given, but the writing is at it's lowest point since, in my oipinion, season four (despite the emotional and character defining season long Eric story arc...and being the daughter of a current cancer patient, wildly factually/visually inaccurate of the effects of chemotherapy. Mari should have been frail and balding, not exquisitely glamorous and radiantly beautiful as Alana de la Garza was.) and if not that season, then...ever.

I'm mostly disappointed with this season and only really perk up for an episode with Eric in it; not that there's much Hiphugger love, but at least Adam is there and there's the potential. So far the season has been badly handled, in my opinion. I love the real team scenes where the actual team is all together and I applaud the writers for that. Just....better stories and more plausible ones. I can stretch my imagination, but even that has limits.

Bring back Eric and have him rejoin the Lab and have him and Calleigh work this idiocy out. They belong together. They need to spend the rest of their lives together or does it have to be another near disaster for that to happen? I thought that Calleigh would shatter in the seaspon premiere. She openly wept in Alexx's arms. How often have we seen that with Calleigh? SGIYCSIS proves his love for Calleigh. So what's the problem?

My wish for the rest of season 8 is, primarily, better writing and more engaging that revolve around real people and no more mob junk and more Delko. My dream wish for season 9, if there is one, is Delko rejoining the Lab, he and Calleigh making it legal and a happy ever after for them, even though they will continue to investigate crime scenes. Hell, it's working in CSI:NY for Danny and Lindsey, so why shouldn't it here? Babies are not necessary in my dream wish. Then again, I have enough of my own babies in my Special Education class to never feel the burning need to have any of my own....besides, I'm a little long-toothed to even think about having a first one. My babies at work are far more than enough for me. So, the thought of the Duquesne/Delko combined offspring isn't up there in my desires for he characters. Just make the recent troubles go away and bring on the love.

14. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I hope Emily won't leave the show but if it will pave the way for the happy ending that I want then I am all for it. Only thing is I won't be watching the show anymore. I will just continue reading their love story in Fanfic world.

I was looking at some promo pics and I think there are flashback scenes in this ep. In one scene Eric had some hair and the other scenes shows him with his usual "almost bald" hair. There are also scenes with Calleigh and Speed -but I think these are footages from "The Best Defense" ep.

15. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

ec4evr, those 8.11 promo pictures you saw of Eric...
    Only 3 of them are actually new 8.11 pictures: 2 with Eric with short curly hair, and one with Cal, Jesse and H sitting in what looks like some kind of courtroom.
    The three pictures with almost bald Eric ( my favourite look), are from season 7, episode "Presumed Guilty" I believe.
    The six pictures with longer spiked hair Eric are from season 2, "The Best Defence"
    Now its possible that 8.11 might have flashbacks from those episodes, or possibly a mistake in the spoilers, which I highly doubt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.