Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jud

Jud Hit and Run

I can't believe we have to wait that long. And I wonder if how they are going to handle it. Will we get to see the 'rescue', will we see Cal finding him or will we see a fit eric or an Eric in the hospital with flashbacks? ... I really hope they'll just pick up where they left with H standing there but I'm affraid they won't.
    I too feel bad for both. I do think he was just trying to help his father and he was blinded by the fact that his father helped him. I think he felt like owned his dad one but lying to Calleigh...NOt a hood move, he should know she can see right through him.
    I think it's hard for Calleigh to make him see the truth about his father. Somehow it's natural for eric to defend his dad. And I don't think she's mad about it, just about the fact that he was lying about finding the car. But I'm confident they'll overcome this. Seeing her cry; it kinda broke my heart. Not knowing where Eric is, whether she shot him or not. I felt so sorry for her especially because they were arguing, they didn't have a chance to work it out. That's got to be frustrating but it shows how much she loves him.
    Maybe he got injured at the armory? And now they make us believe it's by Calleigh's doing but in reality he was injured before he got in the car. So the nearmiss would have been Cal shooting at him.
    It was a good episode but maybe Ivan's death was a bit fast...this is someone who's been in several episodes as their enemy and then bang he's suddenly death. I think they could have done something better. In the end Yelina was in danger but not really in danger...
    Eric's father his hands were covered in blood, made me wonder too. He must have tried to stop the bleeding...this could indicate, eric is seriously wounded (as Adam said in the clip earlier). I wonder what happened, I don't think the mob is still involved. unless they were followed but somehow I doubt that but H confused me even more.:confused: Looking at the water like that...I guess all we can do is wait and hope september comes quickly although it seems far...far away.

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Ok that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be EC-wise. I'll try to organize my thoughts since there are a lot of things I want to comment on.

First of all I have to say that I ended feeling a lot more sorry for Eric than for Calleigh during their confrontations. Of course when Calleigh realized she had shot at Eric and that last scene when she broke down just broke my heart in pieces :(. However I want to throw this out there because there seems to be a concensus belief that Eric was lying througout the whole episode and that's something I'm not entirely sure about. I think it was left quite open the possibility that Eric hadn't talked to his dad before during that day (when Cal asked to see his cel phone) and that he wasn't the one that made the tip about the car. It's just that he seemed genuinely surprised (and hurt) when she asked to see his calls and it wouldn't surprise me that he was actually telling the truth. Same with the car, there are other possibilities that could be true as to who reported the car that don't necesarrily involve Eric. I also say this because I expected Eric to be presented as the guy who was going bad and doing everything illegally and I saw an Eric who just believed that he could help out his dad of getting out of criminal activities and finally get him out of the mob. I'm not saying that there isn't the possibility that Eric did lie to her about the calls and the car but I want to point out that there's a chance he wasn't.

We really don't know exactly why Eric was with his dad when he sped out of the building in the silver car. What if he was helping his dad to not do something criminal like Sharova said in the end? What if he was convincing Sharova to turn himself in because of being involved in the crash with the ambulance? Even more, what if Sharova really did want out?

I really think that the way it was all presented is actually favorable for EC. Eric was not presented as snappy, good cop turned bad guy and Cal really just wanted to help him not get hurt and showed that her feelings for him are even deeper than we could've imagined. I was really afraid that Eric would be rude and would yell at her when being confronted but it wasn't like that. He remained calm, he looked hurt, and before loosing it completely he told her they would talk about it later. I believe that between him realizing what a mess he made and her just wanting to see he is ok they'll leave everything behind and remain together. She definitely was more afraid of losing him than mad because he didn't listen to her.

3. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

Sorry !! How do I delete this?:(

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  4. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

OK, well when we were 30 minutes along I knew that It wasn't going to end well and we wouldn't have a clue what happened to Eric but at least Calleigh was crying so we got to see how much she loves him. When I finished watching the episode I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!:( But now reading here I supose it could've been worse I really don't think that E/C will split up and I'm sure she will understand him, I can imagine all the team or most of them looking for Eric him appearing and Calleigh hugging him and kissing him telling him how stupid he was to do that and there you go the team finds out about them and they stare at E/C like :eek: but it won't happen because that is just so fanfiction and something that would happen in a soap opera!!! It's still going to be a LONG summer but I'm quite sure they will still be together and if Eric is injured we could have more potential hiphugger scenes, although I don't want anything bad to happen to my HOT HOT HOT Eric!:drool:

Where do you guys think Eric is?

5. MomentarySetbac

MomentarySetbac Victim

Ahh, I forgot to mention that, hiphugger17! I actually don't really think he was lying either. I mean, maybe he DID have contact with him around the time Calleigh asked to see his recent calls, but even if he did I don't think he knew his dad was doing anything bad... And I don't think he had anything to do with calling in the car. I think he just wanted to warn his dad and try to get him out of that whole situation.

6. das576

das576 Hit and Run

Okay so I really wasn't expecting the Eric missing cliffhanger. Still so many "what ifs". I mean how did he get injured? from Calleigh? from another Russian? Has he been kidnapped? Did his dad do something to him? and then the whole E/C drama....how will Calleigh trust him again? he lied last week about getting his father's call, then all the lies last night about whether he had been talking to his father, not letting Calleigh see his call list....that's a lot for her to "recover" from so to speak. I am hoping there's a reason for all of it that he will explain and she can understand, but that is a lot of lies! Then the whole question of why he went behind everyone's back and got his father? Hopefully it was to bring him in for all he had done wrong. I guess we won't know for 4 months.....hope it goes by fast!

7. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

THANK YOU, Hiphugger17. That is EXACTLY what I said. :thumbsup: I didn't and don't think Eric was lying. THAT would be the surprise that no one suspects which is pretty obvious to me since most fans thought Eric was in this up to his ears. I'm just not buying it but will be the first one to say I was wrong and you all were right if it turns out he was in it up to his ears. The fact that he kept telling Calleigh that he knew the law made me think there was something else going on. Eric also did look surprised and pretty hurt when she was pretty much all up in is face. I love how he handled it and didn't get all mad and angry. Loved that his aggression was back and his 'what's your problem?' line was great. You could tell he was struggling and at the end of it he just decided to walk away before he said something he regretted. Calleigh pouting after that was kind of cute and loved how Ryan did try to cheer her up.

I felt bad for both of them but I have to say Eric took a serious emotional beating and major tongue lashings in this one. It would be a pretty serious twist if Calleigh is the one finally chasing after Eric and trying to get him back if SHE was the one that was wrong. Now will that actually happen...who knows? It would be interesting to watch. I also believe that Eric loves her so much and is pretty forgiving so I don't see him making her suffer. My question is when exactly did the trust they have in each other get thrown out the window? It didn't take Calleigh long to start lumping him in the category with all her other relationship disasters and I really think the writers did this on purpose to make us doubt that Eric isn't like all the others. I predict that when the show comes back this is the path they start leading us down only to turn it around and prove that Eric is the right guy and nothing like the men she is used to. I saw a lot of old relationship Calleigh baggage coming out of this episode and really felt bad for her at the end when she's crying her eyes out, almost as if she realized that she could have been wrong. Her last words to him were in anger so the feeling is 100 times worse. I do think they can keep E/C together and have them work it out, but I also think they left it wide open for it to go the other way. Unfortunately we will just have to wait and see which route they take.

8. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

After watching it I have to say it could've been worst. Though of course it's not good we have to wait four long months to find out what happened to Eric.:scream:
    I don't like when they're arguing, but her reaction means how she really feels about him. I'm sure she wouldn't be so mad, upset and scared if she didn't love him. I understand her behaviour, she just didn't want anything bad happen to her boyfriend. But on the other hand I understand Eric's point of view. He tried to help his father, because Sharowa helped him earlier and he thought it is what he should do. :confused:
    The last scene where Calleigh was crying so hard it completly break my heart. It was the first time she allowed herself to break down because of a man. Maybe she was suffering when she was with Berkeley and he disappeared, but we haven't seen it. So for me it's clear as the sun that she loves him more then she ever loved anyone else. And this is why I truly believe they won't break up. Even if they definitely will have to explain to each other a lot of things I think there's too much affection between them to just let it go. At least I hope so.:)

9. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I totally agree! It is the first time we see her breaking down because of any man. Even with Jake, she was hurt, but we never saw her losing it completely. In her mind, she could be at fault for him being injured, and they were not on good terms when she last saw him. To top it off, she may have felt like he betrayed her, so with all that, the she was immensely emotional. I really hurt for her then because you could see, even when she was asking if she hit him, that her love for him was there. Its a scary thought.

Season 8 Episode 1 - Last Call"...wonder what that's about:confused:
    "

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  10. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

The only thing that bothered me about this episode was the loss of trust between Calleigh and Eric. If there is one thing the two of them have shared since day one, it has been their utmost trust in each other. Calleigh has verbalized this twice to him - that she trusted him with every fiber of her being, and her life - and yet last night she showed him she doesn't trust him like that anymore, and showed him twice - when she asked to see the last numbers he called on his cell phone, and when she assumed he called in the tip about the carjacked vehicle. It takes A LOT to re-gain trust in someone once you've lost it, and I really hate to think about what that means about the future of their relationship. I don't think they will break up over what happened, but I do think that they have a long road ahead of them to get over that.

Eric didn't lie to Calleigh about talking to his father before Calleigh talked to him... he talked to him afterward when he went to see his father on that pier. Nor do I think he had anything to do with that tip being called in - at least, I hope he wouldn't lie to her about it... the last time he didn't tell her the truth, he came clean about it without provocation not too long afterward (in Dissolved) so I think at this point he's being more up front and honest with her. He may have some residual anger with Calleigh over not trusting him. I do believe he truly went to his father with the intention of getting him to fly right - to not commit any crimes (now I side with those that think his father did something to him, or had something to do with his disappearance), that's just how Eric is - he tries to see the good in people, tries to help them. And he will be hurt that Calleigh didn't see that, and worse, questioned him as to his motives or actions.

On the other hand, Calleigh should by all rights be hurt that he didn't confide in her that he wanted to help his father, and maybe he didn't because he didn't want to put her in harms way, personally or professionally - but she's a grown woman that can definitely take care of herself and he should have let her decide that on her own. It wasn't that he was crossing a line, as she told him (told him that she wouldn't watch him cross that line), in helping his father with his misdeeds, but he wanted to keep his father from crossing that line - there would have been no harm in telling her that... if that is truly what he was doing (that is what Sharova said Eric was doing).

That last scene really got to me - how emotional Calleigh was, how much she broke down. Never before has she shown that much emotion on the job. She got teary eyed in Stand Your Ground and Man Down, and cried in that episode with the crane (can't remember the title) but not to the degree she broke down over Eric missing and possibly being hurt by her hand. It is that reason alone that I am sure she and Eric will pull through this, they will overcome this obstacle - she loves him too much not to. That much is more clear now than ever before.

As for the episode titles for season 8 - that list can't be accurate. I don't think they write the scripts that far ahead of time, or even have all their ideas for the entire season's episodes thought out well enough this far in advance to assign titles to them. Am I right? Anyone have any idea?

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yeah that really bugged me too. Calleigh has expressed twice how much she trusts him and to have her concluding right of the bat that he is lying to her kind of goes against everything we've been presented about how she sees him. I hate it when there are things written for the sake of drama and in the process things that were established are thrown away. Though I have to say that maybe the detention scene in 7.16 were she found out he hid the birth certificate discovery from her was a setup to her questioning now, IDK.

I guess this trust issue is one of the main reasons why I really want to believe that Eric was not lying. That way Calleigh can see that she was wrong in assuming that and her trust in him will be restored faster.

I agree. It was pretty evident that her feelings for him go way deeper than anything she has felt before.

12. das576

das576 Hit and Run

I agree with this 100%! That was the biggest dissapointment for me too from last night's episode. Way more so than Eric missing. They have had this unwavering trust in each other and it was just gone last night on Calleigh's part and if Eric was lying to her, which I think he was on some of the stuff, that's way out of line too, normally he is totally honest with her. Made me sad....where did this come from all of the sudden???

13. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

Jennifer, I’m glad to read your post because I agree with your view at their talks. He really didn’t lie when talked with her near lab. He had a meeting with his father after that.
    And I understand Calleigh, that she has the right to have her own decision - to take part or not. It would be important, that he has entrusted her about the intention to help his father, having warned her.

About names of episodes of 8-th season - I agree there can’t be now scripts for all future episodes, so should not be exact names.

14. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

vickyhiphuggers: Eric is at my house waiting for me :lol:

I was really upset yesterday, but for some reason my emotions got the best of me this morning as I was driving to work (yes, I know its silly to cry over a TV show, but I couldn't help it)

I agree with what all of you guys are saying. Eric and Calleigh's relationship is built entirely on trust. I don't think that Calleigh doesn't trust Eric, but by asking for his phone she wanted him to come clean and confide in her about what was going on. She did what she thought was best by going to Eric first about his father being in the middle of it instead of going directly to Horatio about it. She wants to know what is going on. She told him that she couldn't watch him cross that line, yet she crossed it with him.

She had no idea what Eric was going to do, because IMO, he feels that the less she knows the better it will be. Nothing bad will happen to her if he doesn't involve her in it. But at the same time, she thinks that she has caused him harm. Shooting at your boyfriend is not the best way to say I love you. Emily Procter did an amazing job showing Calleigh's emotions as she walked away. I never thought I would see her breakdown the way she did. It is obvious that she loves Eric and if she did do anything to physically hurt him she will never forgive herself.

I was kinda expecting Ryan to say something to Calleigh about her and Eric but I am glad that he decided not to. Ryan is not stupid, he knows that they are seeing each other. The pain of Eric's "betrayal" is evident in Calleigh's eyes and Ryan is quick to pick up on it.

Sorry if I am rambling...but I am still sad about Eric missing. Anyone want to create a seach party :lol:

15. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Jennifer,

Great post and you stated it really well. Although I will say that I think maybe one of the reasons Eric didn't tell her what he was doing was because of her reactions to it. Not only to protect her but she really didn't like hearing Sharvoa's name on Eric's lips. You can't talk to someone (even if you love them) if they aren't rational about the discussion. I don't know just a different viewpoint and what I saw here.

Also, the erosion of trust between these two has been happening slowly and they have given us hints over several episodes. 'Target Specific' comes to mind. Eric showed not only jealousy but also his distrust of Calleigh when he saw that picture of her and Terrance. Subtle though it was that whole reaction was also a trust issue. I think that started happening with Eric when she said one thing to him but then chose Jake over him shortly after that.

In 'Bang, Bang Your Debt' he wouldn't even talk to her about seeing ghosts but he did confide in Horatio. She was hurt that he wouldn't talk to her but it also was another trust issue again. From Eric's viewpoint Jake is in the picture, therefore I can't talk to you etc. Right or wrong I think that's where they were going with that one.

On Calleigh's side I do think that she has a reason to be distrustful as the Dissolved episode showed. It was a little too easy for him to throw that lie out there without thought. I also thought at the time it didn't make sense for him to lie but he did it nonetheless. This episode proves what that did to his credibility with Calleigh at least because even though he told her the truth without being prompted after his lie, in Seeing Red she was questioning what he said at every turn. That was a result of one lie and not only that, it's got the fans questioning thinking that he's probably lying as well.

Three months is a long time to wait to get this resolved...ugh :scream:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.