Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I agree with you Hounds of Love, I would absolutely love it if Calleigh were the one to find Eric before Horatio did. I could almost see the intensity in her eyes once she sees where he is. It would be like the rescue in All In.

I would absolutely love to see Calleigh interrogating his father. She would be able to show all of her emotion in that scene with him. I could almost her Eric's father telling her something along the lines of I know how Eric is and Calleigh telling him to shut up because she doesn't know Eric like she does. Then Eric's dad telling him that she knows just by looking that she loves him and then she walks out because she can't take the emotion.

Ok so that'll never happen, but I have to keep my hopes up that Eric is not lying somewhere in the glades with the gators and that he is patiently waiting for her at her place. :lol:

2. das576

das576 Hit and Run

I re watched the episode last night and man oh man, Calleigh was really hard on Eric!! I would have been pissed if I was him or at least more defensive but then since he wasn't, maybe she was right in what she was accusing him of. I got the feeling more at the end of the episode when she was actually really concerned for him, that she does care a lot and was more concerned about him than what he did where as when she was hammering him earlier, I felt like she didn't like him. Initially after watching it Monday night while dealing with a sick toddler, my thought process was "man, I hope she won't break up with him next season..." but after watching it last night and really being able to pay attention, my thought process is now "I hope he can forgive her lack of trust and accusations and give her another chance" LOL. I don't believe he was doing anything criminal but that he was really trying to get his father out of and away from the life of crime. He's too smart for that and he has been pissed at Ryan for the times he has been somewhat involved in helping criminals, so I don't think he'd do that himself. I know it's a ways off but I hope it all comes together in the season premier and that Eric and Calleigh are okay and that she realizes Eric is not her dad, not John, not Jake. and I hope the writers don't drag this bump in the relationship out for the whole season!!!

3. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I would love that! Super H shouldn't always save the day. I foresee a running scene again: instead of Eric running towards Calleigh, she may be running to him.

This is good. I would like to see Calleigh interrogating Sharova. I wonder how she would go about it, though. Will she seethe at him for possibly ruining Eric's life or would she try and work with him to find out where Eric really is. Knowing Calleigh's sarcastic nature and how she's feeling right now, I think she will not be nice to him at all. Even though Eric wanted to believe he was turning over a new leaf, I still somehow feel that Sharova had something to do with his disappearance. In turn, because Calleigh doesn't know the whole truth and already has reservations, she will make it hard for him

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  4. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I have no idea where Eric might be and what could happen to him, but I'm sure he wouldn't help his father if he knew that Sharowa is a bad guy. Eric as we all know has a good, open heart, but surely he's not stupid and I don't think he would be able to break the law just to help his father. Like he said to Calleigh he knows the law, so I guess it's rather unlikely he'd risk everything what is important in his life (and by important I mean his job and of course his relationship with Calleigh) to help criminalist. I suppose it's more complicated then we think. Though we know already how sneaky the writers could be, so we really can expect almost everything.;)
    I just feel truly sorry for Calleigh, because she's suffering and she has no one to help her:(. Eric is the one who always was there for her ready to comfort her no matter what happend. And now in so difficult and painful situation she's all alone. Poor girl, she must be in hell. I only hope it all will end well for her sake.

5. csimiamirules

csimiamirules Victim

wow everything that was said here is great. I was thinking and re-watchin the episode..idk if any1 posted this theory already BUT...Mayb eric was taken to that grave hole that this character (forgot his name, the one that yelina was with?...any1 know?) was mentionin to yelina, about havin a body there or it's her body in there. (even though the guy died, the others prob still needed a body there)...nd yelina would remember nd they will all find eric there. After all i do not trust sharova AT ALL. regardless i think that he is still in the mafia and he knew about that digged up grave hole

I can be wrong , just a thought;)

6. MomentarySetbac

MomentarySetbac Victim

While Eric didn't do anything truly criminal, I wonder if there will be repercussions for what he has done. I mean, he obviously knew about the mob activity because he was there. And as far as we know he didn't report it, didn't tell Horatio, etc. I know he just wanted to get his dad out of there, but still. That's going to interfere with his obligations as a cop.

Ryan, Eric, Natalia, and Calleigh (and even Horatio, I think) have all had little incidents where their competence has been called into question because of something personal, or where something personal interfered with their job. I'm just wondering if this is another one of those things Eric will have to pay up for.

Same for Calleigh, too... She went to Eric first about his dad, not Horatio. And I'm wondering how much she told Horatio or anyone else about Eric's dad's involvement and what Eric could be getting into. (I've only watched the full ep once, so I may be forgetting something.) I'm wondering if her part in all this will kind of out their relationship, or make the others wonder about their professionalism. Up until now they were doing a great job hiding it and not letting it interfere, but this was a sticky situation.

I, too, hope that Calleigh is the one to find him/rescue him. But I'm wondering if that's too much to ask for from the writers...grrr. I really hope she is though. That would be an amazing scene!

7. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Yep, I posted something similar earlier as that was my thought. I really thought she was hard on him as well and I think it's going to be a situation where they are going to have to forgive each other. I do think it would be an interesting twist though for Calleigh to be the one that is wrong. It hasn't happened in her relationships where she is the one that's wrong and has to do something to salvage the relationship, it's always been the other way around. I don't know where Eric is but I do have a theory about why Eric had a sudden interest in Sharova but I put it in spoiler tags. What do you guys think?

So, Eric's need to want to get to know Sharova make sense if the following happened.

What if the guy that raised Eric didn't know that Eric was his son? They never really explained what happened about that or if the guy knew.

What if when Eric was going to get deported his parents found out the reason and Eric was rejected by the father that raised him because he found out Eric wasn't his son? This isn't as farfetched as it sounds because some of the nicest people do some crazy things when they are deeply hurt by something. All Eric's mother told him was that it was a mistake. So it wouldn't be impossible to think that just maybe she didn't tell her husband that Eric wasn't his. Since I'm guessing Marisol and his other sisters are.

What if that rejection led Eric to want to know more about Sharova since his the man that raised him doesn't want anything to do with him anymore and as far as Eric knows he's the only family he really has now? I can so see the family gatherings not being what they used to be when Eric comes around because of what happened.

Strangely enough that would explain the strangeness of Eric sudden need to want to know Sharova. It would also explain his becoming so willing to beleive that Sharova is a good guy (if the guy isn't and is really a bad guy)

I know, I know it's reaching but since we haven't seen Eric's other father and DC said that they were going to explain how they got here maybe that's what this is all about. Of course, it doesn't explain where the heck Eric is but it does kind of explain why he got so deeply involved with Sharova.

Anyway, just a thought that made me want to post.

8. das576

das576 Hit and Run

I agree that Eric wanting to help his father would come from the fact that he hadn't known his father until recently. Any guy, no matter how old, would just want to please and be accepted by their father so I'm sure this was a big motivating factor for him helping him and wanting to believe what he told him and of course he wouldn't tell Calleigh cause she wouldn't see it from his point of view, which she didn't at all! Who knows, maybe in the season premier we'll get Eric getting all emotional with Calleigh and explaining to her that he just wanted to be accepted by his father and believe that he was a good man and she'll totally understand :)....in a perfect world of course but then that's not where we live and I don't think the writers like us that much :)

9. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I watched the epi two days ago but I haven't had time to post here.

It completely amazed me how Emily portrayed Calleigh's emotions. Someone said on this thread that they always thought Calleigh would be the closed one in this relationship. I have to agree. I always thought it would take her time to open up and feel relaxed in a relationship, but she surprised me. She was the one to initiate the two kisses, playful flirting ('he's really cute, about this high, wearing a white shirt'), she showed her concern for him (in 'Dissolved' and especially in 'Seeing Red') and I can see love in her eyes every time she talks to him. That is exactly why I think they won't break up because of all of this that happened. She just loves him too much. I think she would have forgave him even if he did something wrong. I don't think he did, though. Based on what happened in the finale we can't say if his father is good guy or bad guy, but even if he's bad, Eric thought he was doing a good thing, he had good intentions and that makes him a good man that we all know he is. IMO, that will be enough for Calleigh. I'm sure there's gonna have to be some forgiving there from both sides, but they will be okay. She is gonna be mad at him for making her worry that much, though. I can just imagine her telling him something like: "You idiot, I love you so much!" I must say that I feel much better after this finale than I did before, because it turned out to be good for us, hiphuggers, because, the only thing that really matters, love, is still there and it's very strong. I do think Eric might be mad at her for not trusting him, and she could be mad at him for hiding things from her, not explaining his relationship with his father, but they will forgive each other, because that's what you do when you love someone.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yeah she has really surprised me in a good way. Her feelings for him are much stronger than I thought and she has not been shy about them. Even though I suspected that once the relationship started she would pretty much commit everything to it I still thought she would be a little closed off. Ok that made more sense in my head :lol:. It's hard to explain but I just thought that when she finally made the decision it was because after all the time it took her she would be sure she wanted to commit and be with him 100%. However, I also thought that even though it'd be like that there would still be some Calleigh coolness and distance in the mix. I don't know if I explained it or made it worst :lol:

Anyway, I'm just glad she has been so open about her feelings and that we've seen so much initiative from her side. We had seen a lot from Eric already so it's nice to know her feelings are strong also. Of course the last scene we had on monday just confirms how strong her feelings are and leave no doubt about how much she cares for Eric ;).

11. IMissGriss

IMissGriss Victim

Hey guys! I have to say that after watching that ep...I am completely convinced we are on our way to the best Hiphugger episode ever! Having to wait the months till it comes back is a total bummer, but I have no doubt everyone is going to be fine. And on top of that...when Eric comes out of wherever he went, no one is going to be happier to see him than Cal. I mean Sharova did him a favor and told everyone what he was trying to do. They know Eric is a big family man and a stand-up guy. He would never sit back and allow his father to be a criminal if he thought he could pull him out.

Calleigh's reaction and comment to H also says to me everything is good. She didn't look mad at him, or confused. She just looked worried. She just needed to know he was ok.

I'm figuring we will definitely get big hugs...total relief from Calleigh which could be where they get outed. And maybe even a big kiss or an I love you. No way they can't give that to us after leaving all summer with a crying Cal.

Maybe our writers will give us some good fan fic till then... ;)

12. Jud

Jud Hit and Run

I have to agree with your first theory! But indeed why let sharova live... Maybe they do (the russian mob) want sharova to do something for them and they've taken Eric for insurrance. Of course he said he didn't remember what happened... That could be the opening for Calleigh to interrogate him. Yes I would love to see that happening too.
    I think she would be hard on him but he'll probably see right through her or maybe he could say something like "Whenever Eric talks about you, the look in his eyes..he loves you" or something like that. It would be sweet.
    Instead of sleeping, all these thought came across my mind...

About Emily's performance, she's amazing. I truly adore her as an actress and person. It's amazing how she's able to get me so hooked on the show. She makes us so easy to believe how in love Calleigh is. I don't really know how to express what I mean:).
    You could really see the love in Calleigh's eyes, her fear that he would get hurt. And reading all your reactions, really makes me more confident that they'll survive this. Love indeed is what matters and their love is too strong for it to end. She'll be unbelieveably happy that he's alive and nothing else will matter (hopefully)

13. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I completly agree with you Marija_Magdalena and hiphugger17. I never thought she could be so open with her feelings. Though I knew she loves Eric, because there's no way she would be with him if she doesn't (I'm sure she wouldn't risk their friendship if she wasn't certain it's worth it) I really didn't think she could reveal so much. It's truly amazing how emotionally she reacted in the last scene.:eek:

Crying Calleigh is definitely a big thing. She didn't cry even on Speeds funeral and she didn't cry after Hagens suicide either, so I have to admit that see her in such a terrible state was pretty shocking. But this definitely confirms how much she's involved in this relationship and how important Eric is for her. I'd even say that she loved someone so much for the first time in her life. And that's why I truly believe they won't break up. Of course she'll be mad at him, because she opened her heart for him and he hurt her not telling her the truth, but I'm sure they solve this and their relationship will be stronger then ever. I can't imagine she could stay mad at him for long, not after what I saw in the finale :)

I guess when they find him the first thing in her mind will be to pounce on him. At least it's what I would do if I was on her place.:lol:

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  14. electra

electra Pathologist

But now Calleigh has to face her worst fears that is that Eric "disappointed " her like her father,Hagen and Jake did.It's a big test but like so many of you said it's also clear how much she loves him so I believe we are in the correct path.

Just a question.I just realized that I missed cheating death.Is there any good hiphugger scene there?

15. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I don't think that Eric disappointed her like her father, Hagen and Jake did. I think that because Eric has such a big heart she is concerned that it will lead him astray. Like someone else mentioned, Eric is the type of person who will always see the good in people until he is given a reason to not trust them.

By trying to take Sharova out of the Russian Mob he thought that he was repaying his debt to him. She is concerned for his safety because she has seen what these people have done to others. I think that she is aware of what Ryan went through and is now gravely concerned that the Russian Mob won't let Eric go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.