Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

The first time I read your question I thought you said like "personally" as in Adam and Emily..in the middle of their on-going relationship.. I seriously can't imagine how they'd deal with the plot..:eek: but I highly doubt it'd even happen.. Anyway, hmm.. I don't think they'd be the kind of couple who'd fight and like break up instantly.. I think they are pretty mature enough to deal with their relationship..

2. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

:lol: Yeah. I could see Ryan like that. He can be kind of snarky like Frank at times. They are both really funny and usually have great facial expressions to go with.

Saw the promo during basketball last night. Nothing much about the team. Hope they come out with a better one later in the week.

Ralationship problems in the field? I hope not. They've managed to be professional so far. Why ruin it? But if they were to decide to do it I could see it stemming from Eric jealousy.

PS. Have I mentioned lately how much I love this thread? Negativity is checked at the door. There are too many threads on the main part where you have to wade through all the complaining about E/C. Think I'll stick to this place (and misc. & TV) for awhile till it softens up.

3. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Responding to the question, I think they might have some problems in a case, like a guiltty or not-guilty suspect etc, but I think they will hadle it professional as they are. They know, that they're a couple now and that can't affect their jobs. Remember that episode "Deviant" [i think] when Ryan and Calleigh disagreed with something, I guess it was because that thing that Allex did with posting papers, can't remember better :lol: and in the end they resolve it all with "Personally... no; profissionally... yeah" So I guess, what happens to her in the job, in off clock it li ke if she forget it, so no worries I guess ;) A kiss would resolve everything :devil:

I love your thoughts :bolian: I could perfectly see that happen in a episode, we'll wait and see :)

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

This is a tough question. I think that if they don't establish where that personal/professional line is they could have some trouble in their relationship. For example if a disagreement occurs on whether a suspect is guilty or not (like when that cop was guilty and Eric knew it but Cal wasn't so sure) since they are now involved they could take the disagreement to a more personal level. That was just the first example that popped in my mind but it could be about anything work related. But I think that it's pretty unlikely and if it did happen they would easily realize that the line between profession and personal should be more bold and clear. It would be kind of like even though I'm not agreeing with you right now I'm doing it based on my profession and knowledge as a CSI and not because of anything personal nor am I going to take this home with us. Did any of that made sense :lol: I'm sorry my thoughts got kind of mixed up.

5. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I guess it's possible that they might have altercation about a case, because they had it in past. And now when they are a couple it probably may cause a problems in their private life if they don't solve in time. They spend a lot of time together, so their quarrels can affect their behaviour in their free time. I just hope that their relatoniship is strong and deep enough to manage with problems like that. I guess they knew each other so long, that they will be able to work together staiyng in a relationship at the same time without some serious issues and dramas.:)

6. JackieG0630

JackieG0630 Dead on Arrival

I think it's a great question because my answer sort of sums up how I feel on the whole relationship being a "problem".

Personally, I think it'd be hard at first to figure out a way to bring (or not bring) the cases home with them, especially if they disagreed. But like Monica said, I would also hope they would have a strong and deep relationship to know that work is work and sometimes that needs to be dropped at the door.

Professionally, however, Eric and Calleigh mixing emotions and cases is nothing new. I mean, look at their reactions to certain things (ie. Calleigh's kidnapping, Delko being shot and subsequent memory problems). Eric nearly beat the crud out of Cooper and Calleigh covered for him on several things (the cheat sheet, the con-woman) and they weren't even dating.

I think this is why I have such a hard time with the IAB rule. It makes no sense. You can't turn off your emotions just because you are dating or not dating. When you care about someone, whether it be just a teammate or a girlfriend/boyfriend, the intensity level rises. I think we would have seen that in the past episode if it had been written that the team had been allowed to know about Ryan and Billy's situation. They are a TEAM and when something happens to one, it happens to them all.

Someone posed the idea of a perp looking for a way to "get at the team" and using Eric and Calleigh as a way in. I think that is highly plausible, but on the other hand, so would the perp targeting Kyle, now that he works in the morgue. Who's to say the perp wouldn't call out Horatio's kid as tampering with the body or something? There are just so many possibilities of how to compromise a case with a close-knit team like theirs, that if it came to "blaming" E/C I wouldn't be able to buy it as anything other than a plot device.

PS-Sorry for my rant :(

7. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Good question. I think they could have a disagreement about case, but I doubt that would make any damage on their relationship. I think they love each other too much to let something like that happen. Also, I think that they are very professional (especially Calleigh) and that they wouldn't bring their private problems to work. Of course, things we don't expect sometimes happen, so we might see some disagreement between the two. We'll just have to wait and see.

Now I have a question of my own:

We've all seen Cal flirt for evidence. Eric was always amused by this. Given the fact that they are a couple now and that Eric is not that confident anymore, what do you think how would he react if he saw Calleigh flirt for evidence now?

8. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I think he'd let it go pretty easily. I think he's moved beyond the jealousy, or at least I think the writers SHOULD move him beyond the jealousy. He'll know she's doing her job. I mean, unless she's flirting with another hunky horse dude. Then Eric might get antsy.

What if ERIC batted his eyelashes at someone for evidence? Would Calleigh roll her eyes and tease him, or would we see angry fire in her eyes?

9. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Even if he is not so sure of himself as he once was I'm sure he trusts her enough to not be jealous of such things. Though I think that it could be hard for him to watch how is she flirting with another man in front of his eyes. But I guess he knows that now (after surely eventful night in last episode;)), that she definitely loves only him and there's nothing to worry about.:)

Well this really difficult question. Though I'd love to see it I can't imagine Calleigh being jealous about something like that in front of everyone. I mean probably she would tease him about later when they'd be alone, but definitely not by the other people. She's too professional and private person to do it. But I hope she could show although some jealousy at least in her eyes:). You know something like don't even try it, you're only mine now:lol:.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I want to say that he would still be amused by it and would give a small smile and shake his head like "oh dude you're so screwed cause there's no way you're resisting this woman", but after 7.19 I'm not so sure. I can see it go both ways. If he still reacts with jealousy then he still hasn't dealt with this issue, if he doesn't then he did realize how unnecesarry his reaction in 7.19 was. I tend to lean towards him not being jealous cause whatever Calleigh told him that night (and her reaction when he reacted with jealousy) I think could be enough for him to realize he was being dumb and never want to do it again. On the other side, since the writers already went down the jealousy road maybe they want to use that as a common point of friction between them (which I would really dislike:rolleyes:).

Now Calleigh I'm pretty sure about. I really see her being amused about it and teasing him. I don't think that she would get upset or annoyed. She would probably feel sorry for the poor woman who is put under his spell.:lol:

11. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

That is a scenario I could definately see happening b/c of Eric's need to protect to Calleigh, which of course goes both ways. I think the scenario would only truly work if Cal were not in the room. The perp would get more of a rise out of Eric if he were alone with him and consdering the intelligence of the perp you describe, he/she would definately notice their relationship but would also know that he could get the desired affect out of Eric. I mean Eric got up in the photographer's face just as he showed the kid the pic of Cal and I personally think the photographer, since he is supposedly watching the team, might "know" a little more about them than the pics that were in his camera let on. I highly doubt that that was the only day he was tailing everyone on the team....case in point the pics that were taken of Natalia at the end of 719.

However, another idea spun off the scenario could be that they don't accidentally slip up in front of the perp first but the perp instead creepily hits on Cal or makes unsavory comments to her and Eric reacts, thus giving the perp more ammo to go on and in affect outing them to the suspect. Who could make some comments later on to either H or another member of team with either Eric or Cal in the room. Ya know in order to make them more uncomfortable.

But I definately think them being outed, if it does happen this season, will have to do with the Russian Mob. Only b/c it seems to be building to that considering the whole "they are all being watched/targeted" theme.

12. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

^I definatley think the Russian mob could. Maybe they'd video tape them or something...I'm sounding like a fanfic I read, but it could come true.

13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I am pretty much in the same boat as the rest of you. I think that Eric will be a little too overprotective of Calleigh and she may take offense to it (like she did in Pro Per). Calleigh is a strong woman and can take care of herself and she will be the first one to call Eric on it if he is crossing the line. But she will also apologize if she knows that she was wrong (like she did in Pro Per).

I know someone mentioned before that if the Russian Mob is still watching them that they could have upgraded to video as a way to blackmail them (you know the whole against the rules thing). Others have said that maybe Yelina knows about them, do you think she would keep it between them, maybe warn them about it or would she go straight to Horatio with the information?

Some people have thrown out wonderful questions, so let me take a stab at this, answer if you'd like.

We have all speculated that Eric & Calleigh's relationship will be brought into light at the end of season (if not sooner). That being said, how would you like to see the season end for Eric & Calliegh?

14. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

YAY! A question...:)

I want to see this season end on a happy note for them. Although they will be faced with some obstacles, I think that since this is new and what they've been waiting for years, their strength together as a couple will overcome it. I would like to have a season 8 premiere of them coming back from vacation...would be great to hear Ryan ask either one how their vacation went..where'd they go..?? Bottom line I want them to exit strong and come back with a stronger bond to prove Stetler and his evil minions wrong! Ok, got carried away, but I dont like him very much :klingon:.

15. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Unfortunately.. My negative thoughts on this subject keep pushing my positive thoughts out of the way..

I really can't help but think that this season is not going to end all good and happy for Eric and Calleigh. And I have no idea why. I really just have a bad feeling. Probably because things have been going good for them so far, that it just wouldn't seem like Miami if they didn't mess up a relationship in the same season it started.:rolleyes:

I don't necessarily think they will break up. If they do, I doubt it will be the end of them forever. I just think that something, not good, having to do with them will be thrown into the season finale. Like, if there is a cliffhanger.. I really think that they will be part of it. Their relationship is a big deal. Otherwise it would not have been built up this much. Something's gonna happen.

With Eric and Calleigh, I hate it, but it just seems like a lot is on the line with them being together. Their jobs, their friendship, the team, etc..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.