Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

I know how people always get upset about the entire Calleigh and Eric relationship, but I honestly do not understand why. I know that if a television show didn't have some type of personal look into character's lives, it would get really boring. Calleigh and Eric have great chemistry, it's obvious that it's not just a crush, and that they have true and genuine feelings for one another. I think that this relationship has delevoped naturally. For girls, we picture some of our guys friends as potential boyfriends, at least, I know I do sometimes. It's hard not to. I think Calleigh has warmed up to the idea, (obivously--the kiss and letting him sleep in her bed ;)), and Eric has just started to really fall in love with Calleigh over the years, which I think is just the sweetest thing ever. :)

When do you think we'll get to see an "I love you" from one of them? I know it most likely won't be this season, but do you think it will happen on this show eventually? Or will that be too much for this show?

*oh, and sorry if that question has already been asked ;)*

2. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl Hit and Run

Just thinking about this makes my little shipper heart happy. I think it would be great if we got to see that. Do I think it would be too much for this show? No way, especially if it's done right. I doubt we'll hear it this season though. That's too soon, in my opinion.

I think if it were to happen, they would do it sometime in the next season.

3. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I'd like to hear an "I love you" between them, but I'm afraid that may be too fluffy for this kind of show, and if it does happen it will probably take a couple more years :lol: or they cut out a word..

I could be wrong but I don't remember hearing between Grissom/Sara.

4. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

LOL. Like you said earlier, the key would be nice to see. Although I think you made mention of Eric buying Calleigh an antique/rare firearm. Very possible. I actually work for ATF which regulates the gun industry so I am intimately familiar with that kind of stuff. I could see that happening. The peak times for gun buying is August - December, and strangely enough, the two or three days immediately prior to and after Valentine's Day. I guess nothing says "I LOVE YOU" more than a handgun. LOL :guffaw:

Hmm, maybe I'll write a one chap fic for that.... ::Types down idea:: I'll get to that later.

5. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

Sorry for the double post. Regarding the possible spoiler....
    Even if Stetler comes in, dirty rat bastard he is (oops, guess you can't tell how I feel huh?), and 'breaks up' E/C, just remember everyone. Eric DID tell Calleigh that if "it were me, I'd move to nights." Or however he put it when he was talking to Cal when she and Jake had to 'break up.' So they wouldn't really be over. They just might not have cases together. I know I know, not much to look forward to if this happened, but it's better than if they broke up permanently. Although something tells me that what Calleigh wants, she gets, and she fights for it.

6. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I don't mind double posts, but the mods might get annoyed. If you think of something else to say and it's within 24 hours of your first post, you can go back and edit your first post so that you don't have to double post. I think we've all double posted a few times, though. No biggie.

Yeah, we've talked about the possibility of Eric moving to another shift. I actually asked the board whether they'd prefer either Eric or Calleigh moving to another shift, or if they'd prefer that one of the characters leaves the show, but on the condition that the audience would find out that the relationship is being kept alive "off-screen". Most people wanted one of them transferred... on the condition that they eventually come back to the team. Obviously Super H would have to straighten out the whole mess because... well... he's Super H!

Another question for anyone and everyone to answer:

How would you want the "Eric and Calleigh work on different shifts" storyline to be handled?

Not that any of us want them to be working different shifts in the first place, but if it happens... would you want them running in to each other over the course of investigating separate cases? Would you want the E/C moments put on hold until the team could be put back together? Would you want scenes with them seeing each other off the job (though, unfortunately, the "dislike E/C" crowd would likely have a coronary if those kinds of scenes were included)?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  7. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Oh, yeah.. Eric is definitely in love with her and has been for a while. He just has that look in his eyes when he looks at her. It's still upsetting to watch the end of Born to Kill, for me. He looked so completely heartbroken when he saw Calleigh and Jake kiss. Poor guy..

Anyway-
    They do have great and natrual chemistry. This relationship isn't one that just popped out of nowhere and Calleigh seems so happy with Eric. Honestly, it surprises me. Not that she seems happy and not that it's with Eric. But scenes that we've seen of the two of them together, particularly in 7.16, she seems.. I don't even know how to explain it.. She's just really in this relationship. She seems completely comfortable with him and not at all doubtful about being with him depsite the fact that it could affect the friendship that they had (in a bad way) before they got involved romantically.

Also, no matter what happens on Miami (or any other show, for that matter) somebody is going to be upset about something in the show that isn't going the way they want it to. We'd be upset if EC wasn't together or if they were with someone else besides each other. While I'm glad they are together.. I could probably live without it. But I don't want to, we waited so long.

You are so right, though, these shows can get a bit boring if we don't get glimpses into the characters personal lives. I mean, thank goodness for the Ryan storyline in Monday's episode and we have gotten plenty of Eric and Calleigh stuff already.:)

About the whole 'I love you' thing with Calleigh and Eric.. I'm not sure we'd get to see that. If we do, I don't think it'd be something that the writers would try to make a big deal about. The love is already evident between Eric and Calleigh. So if it's said between them, and we get to see it, I don't think it will be the first time that either of them has said it to the other.

Ginnna - Good question.

I don't want to see that situation handled at all. I suppose it will have to be though... If they do end up being found out and a huge deal is made about it.:rolleyes: Well, I guess if it happens and they (Eric and Calleigh, themselves) have to decide which one is going to switch to night shift and they'll both probably want to do it just so the other one won't have to.

As much as I don't want to see this happen, even if there won't be any problems between them and just the shift switching, I kind of do want to see it happen. It'd be kind of interesting to see them working apart from each other and how it would affect the team.. Until, of course, Horatio steps in and reunites the team.:)

I'd like to see them out of work together, though. Since we wouldn't get to them in the lab together. Nothing major.. just sort of like the bathroom scene or when she brought him coffee in 7.18. No talking, just music or something in the background. These two are cute together no matter what, so words aren't really needed. They're like professionals when it comes to eye-sex, anyway.:lol:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  8. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

My sincere apologies, that was my fault. I guess I thought b/c the scene was an actual E/C from the show itself, it was OK, it was an honest mistake, honest! So sorry! :(

9. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

As a matter of fact I don't want them working on different shifts at all. It's so nice to have them working together on a cases, they are professionals and because they are a couple now it doesn't have to mean they can't work with each other. Though I guess sooner or later unfortunately they will have to handle with that kind of situation like one of them moving to another shift.
    As for how I would like it to be handled, well first af all I hope that even if it happens it won't last long.
    Because in that case they won't be working together I guess it'd be really nice if they showed us more of their private lives instead. Of course not too much, but glimpses of them doing staff together, like them on the shopping, cooking together, lying on a bed and watching movie or a scene when one of them is going out for work while the other is returning and they are saying good byes,kissing.;)
    And I think that maybe one or two cases could be so complicated that it had to be solve by all shifts, so they'd work together just for once, again.:)

10. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

I really don't know, but I believe we'll see an "I love you", probably not this season, but I think we will, remember in "Rampage", we saw an "I love you" from both H and Marisol ;) And, it wouldn't overkill the show, it's about what, 3/4 seconds... I... love... you :p
    I guess, we'll have to wait and see.

That's a hard question :lol:
    Ofc, I really don't want to see that happen, but I guess it would be interesting, and then, ofc, SuperH will come and, you know the rest ;)
    Maybe, if that happen, we could see 2 cases related and they [Calleigh or Eric and the rest of the team, I also want team spirit, but E/C too ;)] working together, or maybe off job scenes [yeah, i know... E/C dislike would hate it...].
    I also think, that if this will happen, Calleigh will be the one who will tranfer to the night shift, I don't why, but I just have this feeling :lol:

I've just read a letter that some CSI:Miami fan sent to CBS and another to Corey, and that really pissed me of, pissed me of are not the right words, but that put me incredible sad :( I mean, are E/C that annoying?? Are they really overkilling the show?? Are they having a relationship like teens?? 'Cause, I just can't see that :confused: but, no, that won't affect me, no, no, no!!! I guess everyone is different and have they point of view...

11. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Teens? Hah! I work with teens...E/C are not a teenlike relationship.:rolleyes:
    I could totaly digress here....but I won't.

Eric or Calleigh on a different shift? It could be interesting....if done correctly. By that I mean, don't ignore one over the other just because they are on different shifts. As long as we see both of them every show I think it would be ok. Because we all know that Super H will eventually save the team!

12. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl Hit and Run

I haven't seen this letter because I don't venture over into the hater thread anymore. Just ignore them, csifann1. There's a lot of negativity over there. A lot. And when you let them affect your mood with their negativity, they win.

We have a lot of people in this thread that love the E/C relationship and hope it continues. Focus on that. It's fun trying to imagine what will happen to our two favorite characters. It's a nice little escape. I come here to forget about real life for a while and just enjoy a storyline that makes me happy. You should too. :)

As far as how the change in shifts should be handled...I really don't know. I hope that they are able to manage the relationship while still working the same shift. I would hate to see E/C broken up so quickly like that.

I think the team is still cohesive enough that if Stetler somehow found out about these two, the rest of the team would deny it. I think it would be great to see them rally behind this pair.

But since it's happened before, I suppose someone will have to work a different shift for a few episodes at least. :rolleyes:

13. anasazix

anasazix Civilian

Sorry for my english

14. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

I agree, but there is nothing we can do to change other people's mind, they have the right to their own opinion; even if it's against E/C.

If you guys want, we can send a letter to Corey and CBS telling them why we love E/C and why it should continue; just say positive things about this ship. I have Corey's email so if you guys want to that tell me. Plus, we all know that Emily and Adam are on our side and that's what really matters.

15. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

I usually don't go to that thread to but sometimes curiosity is stronger than me and... btw, ArizonaGirl I really don't advise you to go to that thread ;) Like you said it's negative!
    That affect me, but was only when I was in that thread and came back to here and... bang... happiness get over me again, that's why I love this thread :bolian:
    Sure, everyone has the right to have their own opinion and we can't do anything to change them... but sometimes it's too bad!!

About the letters, I think it's a good idea :bolian: If only the people of "dislike E/C" thread send, then CBS and the writers [I know they know we exist ;)]will think that the most part of CSI:M fans son't like the ship, which is so untruth!! But let's wait for other's opinion :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.