Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Good question Ginna :thumbsup:

Ok I totally agree with what Elicia and Jennifer wrote. It's obvious that Calleigh was more cheerful at the beginning of the show. I think she was more innocent then also. This kind of job, plus everything that has happened to her, I think made her grow up fast and see things in a not so merry, cheerful way. Season 4 Calleigh, IMO, became pretty robotic and kind of detached. Lately though, she has been going back to her more softer and relaxed side. Do I think Eric and Jake had something to do with her change, yes. Do I think that everything else that happened to her had to do with her change, yes again. I don't think one can just say "oh it was Jake" or "oh it was Eric" cause I think there's a whole realm of things that have contributed to who Calleigh is now.

However, there were things that Calleigh did that I know some have been saying that were uncharacteristic for her and that they lost respect towards her because of them. For example, taking the profiencies for Eric and not telling Horatio about the "cheat sheet". Or going against ethics and reading the psychiatrist's files. It's a thin gray line she walked on both occasions. I think that:
    1) yes she did those things for Eric and I think it does shows how deeply she cares for him
    2) she's a grown woman who was in no obligation to do them, so she did them because she wanted to
    3) Calleigh is not perfect and we can't expect her to be black and white all the time cause that's simply not realistic for her or anyone.

People are faced with this kind of situations all the time. We try to make the right one but sometimes we just get too close to the gray area. Her decisions do not make me lose any kind of respect towards her nor make me think less of her. Plus if we really want to get into what should or not be done, was it really professional of her to keep dating Jake after the department established the no fraternization policy? She knew it was there and that it was a requirement for her job and yet she opted not to follow it. So do we also lose respect for her cause she made this choice and would be uncharacteristic? I just don't see it that way.

Judging by the pictures Calleigh looks more happy than what I've seen her in years. She deserves it and I do think Eric has A LOT to do with it. Like Emily said in the interview this is a guy who will be there for her and Calleigh knows this and it shows. Honestly I never saw her so in love.

I noticed that too. Eric and Cal's relationship I think goes way deeper than ANY other relationship she has had.

Welcome to all the newbies. Glad to have you onboard :thumbsup:

2. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

I don't think I have seen Calleigh that happy ever either! :D She seems to have a smile on her face all the time (maybe not all the time, but in the pictures) I think that maybe she will be more relaxed too, I don't know! :D
    And again, the way she smiles in the promo, the way she spoke "It's alright" in the detention center, really shows that there's a lot of feelings there! :D

Oh, and yes good question! :D
    I personally don't think it has changed Calleigh profesionally, but I think it affects her a lot personally. Because when she's with Eric, she seems to calm down at once. She relaxes more and when she looks him in the eyes, all worries about th current cases, blows away !! :D But I agree she changed a lot after Hagen. I mean, who wouldn't react if you're current boyfriend (were they even dating at that point? Calleigh and Hagen?) shoots himself in your office (I'll take it that way, the shooting range is hers righT`?) I know I would! :p

3. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

Good Question Ginnna!.......I think that it will not be necessary for me to answer because everyone else has answered so well:) So I will just comment on...................

I think that the woman is in fact looking at a picture or something that Eric is holding. Not flirting with him. However if she were..I agree with Delkolover's idea. Calleigh would tease him about it. I can totally see that happening...totally:rolleyes:

4. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I think that Eric always had a edification on her:). I agree with you that all bad events in her life changed her and it's not something weird. It's true she was more cheerful at the begining of the show, but she was younger, innocent, unexperienced. Now when she's much older and she knows that life isn't a fairy tale and sometimes it really sucks. So considering it all I guess it's normal that she's like that. I don't know how their relationship can change her, but after the promo it's obvious she's in love with Eric and for the first time in a really long time she looks more relaxed, more open (the kiss on public) and definitely happier. But to see how it will affect her we need to wait to watch more episodes.

5. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Thanks again, delkolover!! These pics are great. In the first shot, Calleigh is looking at her man, so cute. They definitely wont have problems working with each other and I think that if Stetler does find out about them, Horatio will vouch for that.

On a side note about these pics, I'm a little sick of seeing Calleigh in so much black. I think they need to start putting her in some nice bright colors. Almost every episode she's been in on Season 7, she has on a black suit. I'd like to see her in some bright colors..I mean she's such a beautiful girl and those black suits are cute and give her the professional look, but they need to change it up a few times. Its looking like a uniform for her. Everyone else has wardrobe changes, why cant our fave gal have her own. She (and Eric, can't forget him) make the show, in my opinion.

6. alex21591

alex21591 Prime Suspect

Yeah i think you'd be naive to think that the relationship hasnt changed either of them. Calleigh has become more trusting and open - shes learnt to trust the world and some of those in it. Eric has kindof reaffirmed her belief that there are good people in the world. Which is always a good thing :).

I'd love to see Calleigh in colours other than black too - its seems that its the only colour shes ever in. For a brightly coloured show she sure is dark :rolleyes:.

I dont think Calleigh would react in a negative way at some woman was flirting with Eric - i always thought shed have this sneaky little smile, catch his eye and grin at how uncomfortable he got :lol:Calleighs always game for a laugh

7. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Yes, the two have changed alot! Especially Calleigh, emotionally of coarse.

Eric~ he stopped toothing and being the player a while now and over the last two seasons, since being shot, has been slowing down in the relationships he had. I think he stopped the player thing after he got shot and did NOT get in a relationship since. After a while he has become attracted to Calleigh and over the passed two years we've seen them drawn to one another. Like when Wolfe was fired Eric got to work cases with Calleigh for the first time in a long time. Member season 1 and 2 times? Ya, so during these later seasons (5,6,7) was the:
    -chain with the cross that Cal gave to him
    -staring into each other's eyes while Eric took the piece of glass out of her hand
    -constant talking about 'you can trust me', 'whatever's said stays between us' and 'you can talk to me about everything'
    -Do I have to state the rest? There's just too many, flirts and hints.

Calleigh~ (I know I have stated some stuff bout her above but) She has gone from the perfect person, hidding behind walls, putting up a perfect front in the earlier seasons. But her past began coming up about her fathers drinking and Hagen dying, which by the way was the first time we've seen Calleigh cry, I was shoked! That was big too, and was Speedle death, where she and H hugged and he could see the tears. Then there was Peter leaving her, talk about ouch! Car crashing into water, Jake coming and leaving, almost getting run over, kidnapped, a guy falling from her hands, smoke inhalation and later problems.
    She has learned to cry in front of someone, express her feelings more and know, truely know that she's not alone. That someone wants to be a part of her life. I think over the last two years, Calleigh was like hearing Eric out and just patiently waited and waited for the right moment. And after all his feelings coming out she's beginning to believe that life will go on, and this guy does want her, want children with her and will stick with her through it all. And all that has already started, it was just for her to realize and thank God she has. And can you believe it, Eric waited too! A guy who waits is a guy that is ready to settle down in my opinion.

Next week's episode will light the match people! Cause when Eric goes to jail, I don't think she's 100% sure that he can get out! So all these problems take a toll on her and luckily she will have him to lean on. Or else what will happen?

8. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I totally agree on your opinion of Season 4 Calleigh. She did give me a more "uptight" and "detached" vibe than in any other season. I think part of that may have had to do with Hagen's suicide, but still. I didn't like her much that season. ESPECIALLY when Eric's sister died, and she was there when he got the call. Her "I am so sorry" was rather cold. But I'm glad she lightened up by Season 5.

But to answer the original question, I think that getting closer to Eric had an overall positive effect on Calleigh. I think she appreciates life more, and has softened up a bit. It may not have been just Eric that made her see things differently, but I definitely think he helped.

9. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I don't think it has changed her at all....all the crap she has gone through over the years has! Just as his shooting changed Eric, her being kidnapped, almost getting run over and almost dying has affected her as and changed her.....not the fact that she has feelings for Eric.

Some people seem to think that her wanting to be with Eric has all of sudden changed her in some way that makes her this evil, inconsistent, and unbalanced character. I personally think it has made her the opposite. I'm sure we will see more of it come Monday, but I think her treading water around and with Eric has made her a little more playful and has really made her look deep inside and search her emotions....something we have not see Calleigh ever do. The fact that she confronted him and wanted to know exactly how he felt is big, imo. In the past Calleigh might have bottled up that emotion up, moved on and let it go since the other party remained silent....but the fact that she wanted him to say something about his feelings torwards her, should speak volumes about the develoments in that area her character has made.

Ok, last night I watched "Eleventh Hour." IDK if anyone here watches the show or not but I will put, what I consider a great quote that sums up really what I think might have happened after Eric got shot.

I am putting it in spoiler tags b/c again IDK if anyone here watches the show and I don't want to spoil them if they didn't see last night's ep.

Let me set the scene for you....In the episode Dr Hood is talking with the wife of a victim of electrocution. He is unconscious. Hood is investigating the fact that 30 plus people were struck in a 10 min thunderstorm. He is talking with the wife who feels guilty that she and her husband have grown apart and indifferent to each other. Dr Hood then replies:

Now if that in some way is not E/C please tell me...well other than the fact that they aren't married of course ;)

Yeah I have to agree. Season 4 Calleigh was very much all business and "detached" as you put it. Hagen killing himself in her lab and in front of her, really "closed" her off to life. Him shooting himself, and I think she even mentions this when asked by Ryan in the premiere, took the "fun" out of her work for her. She dealt with the emotions the way Calleigh knew how to deal with them...she closed herself off. I think Jake coming back was a ray of light in a dark time that helped her a little, but Eric's shooting was really a wake up call. It made her realize life is too short. I think that is in part why she gave Jake another chance....she figured "what the hell" and it was probably easier for her to let him take the reins and make the decision for her to get back together (ie Season 5 finale) and easier for her fall back on older emotions and go with the flow than go against it....in the end she did what made her feel comfortable b/c she was afraid to go into newer territory with Eric possibly b.c of what happened with Hagen.

Did any of that makes sense? :lol: Cuz it did in my head :lol:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  10. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

You all are absolutely fantastic! A big "thanks" to each and every one of you who responded. Wow. There were a lot of great insights here.

And actually... y'all have helped me look at the "Calleigh/Jake" relationship in a whole new light. I know the Cake supporters really wouldn't like what some of us have to say about this (my apologies to them, I'm not trying to piss anyone off, honestly), but I think what we've deduced about the nature of their relationship and its impact on Calleigh may have been the underlying intentions of the writers all along. Her relationship with Jake could've been a stepping stone, a kind of rehabilitation that brought her out of her funk but at the same time didn't fully satisfy her. In that regard, I think I've discovered a new appreciation for Jake. I don't really like his character any better (again, sorry...) but I can see the positive impact he had on her. I can see how a rediscovery of her own emotions was actually good for her and Eric.

I also like how a few of you commented that change is inevitable, and some of it didn't have to do with Eric at all, but the signicant point to remember was that he was there for her throughout all the trials and challenges. She really CAN count on him. She really CAN trust him. I think it's taken 7 years and more than a few life-altering incidents to awaken her to this truth because of her father (I don't think I even have to say anything about that) and because of her past love interests: one ended up being married before anything ever happened (Peter Elliott), one couldn't be counted on to be there from one day to the next (Jake), and one killed himself in her lab (Hagen). YIKES. I'd have intense and deep-seated relationship issues too!

Thanks for the replies so far, and if anyone still wants to throw their thoughts into the mix, by all means, please do!

11. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Don't worry, it did to me... ;)

All of you made great point... I read some posts (from non EC shippers) who somehow believe that Eric's interest in Calleigh is the result of the bullet in his brain... As if the bullet is somehow affecting his judgment or something. I think that the shooting itself changed him, but not because he has bullet lodged in his brain, but because he nearly dyed and that changed his perspective in live, just as he said to his therapist... I believe that Cal and Eric were always close and attracted to each other (at least physically at the beginning, I mean, who wouldn't be), but they never wanted to risk their friendship. IMO, you should never get into a relationship with your good/best friend, if it's not something you believe will last forever. I don't think either one of them was prepared to be in that kind of relationship (you know, the one till death do us part kind of relationship), but now they are both on the same page as far as that is concerned.

So, how do you guys think Calleigh has changed Eric? I've seen some of you wrote about that, but we could always continue the conversation in that direction. It's kind of nice that we can still have nice themes that don't require spoiler tags...

I think that Eric changed for Calleigh, but she hasn't actually changed him. The shooting had a lot to do in changing department, of course, but I think that once Eric realized how important Calleigh is to him he really tried doing the right thing. I mean, he could have tried to forget about her by having endless flings and one night stands when she started going out with Jake, but he hasn't. He has actually waited for her for two years. If that's not love, I don't know what is... :adore:

12. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

You guys are making perfect sense to me. :thumbsup:

I personally think that Eric has changed as a result of his realization for his deep feelings for Calleigh. I don't think that Calleigh changed Eric because, speaking from personal experience, a person that changes does it for himself not for anyone else.

Eric and Calleigh have always shared a close friendship. The old adage that friends make better lovers seems to work in their favor. The know each other inside and out and it helps them, IMO, transition better into lovers.

I think it has changed Calleigh in a way. She has seemed more "herself" this past season as opposed to the past few. Eric seems to bring out the emotions that she stashed away after Hagen committed suicide in her lab. Calleigh has shown a lot of emotion this season, which is good because it makes her seem more real as opposed to being Superwoman. We all know that Calleigh is the rock of the team but even rocks break. The relationship between them will not be without problems because as many of you have said no relationship is perfect. I look forward to seeing them face their problems as a couple as opposed to one handling it while the other does nothing.

13. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

Hi all, I'm delurking to tell you to mosey on over to the CBS website and watch the video clip interviews with Emily and Adam regarding the upcoming episode.

Very very cute and there is definitely some new video footage (and audio) not covered in the promo.

Ok, so it does indeed look like Cal initiates at least one of the kisses (I'm assuming there's more than one). Also, it sounds like she says something like "I was going to marry you but your father...then it fades out" Anyhow, Eric laughs at what she says. Her kiss is in response to his concern about putting her in danger, which is so sweet. I had wondered if that was what was being discussed when she visits him. That he says something about his father putting her in danger and she says "it's alright". Anyhow, either way, I'm way excited for Monday now!
    Enjoy!;)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  14. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

I hadn't even come on here in a while and just hopped over to CBS and saw it and almost screamed! It was soooo cute! Did you hear Emily's giggle at the end? Precious!

15. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

OMG! That is sooooo cute. They are so funny.They must be a blast to work with!

Chewing gum....kissing in the trailers since season one...the jigg is up. And not to mention some of the dialogue. Nice.

Thanks so much for posting this. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.