Episode 8x05 - 'Bad Seed' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 17, 2009.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Because Ryan gets the blame without people actually thinking about it.I however don't see how he could be blamed anymore than the others.Perhaps it's more because of the remark,which was a sterotype and I'm sure he has learned from it. Jesse's question about the fieldworkers immigration status could be seen that way too,fortunately he was correct but he could have easily been wrong.
    Ryan's character just can never please some people.I've seen him both praised and damned for the same act .
    I work with many people that I consider co workers.You can be co workers without being friends and still not have that amount of tension or mistrust.Who would want to work in that environment?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  2. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I agreed with so much of what you've said. They need to stop making Ryan seem incompetent. He's an extremely clever criminalist, so they need to stop pulling this three stooges act with the guys. Chemistry is good, but honestly?

Overal I thought last nights episode was a good, though. I was glad to see the team work together and solve this case, including Alexx. It felt like home again with Adam in this episode. I was heartbroken to see Eric decide to leave, but really looked at the ending as a new beginning for him... the locker room moment had me teary eyed, also. I don't know how she does it, but Emily is that good of an actress that she makes me tear up every time she tears up. It was really a sad moment. That was hard to watch, and a little confusing, but that's TPTB! I just think they should've saved that for his final episode, though...what will he do when he comes back? Where will he be working?

What I didn't like was when they all solved the case, Jesse was surfing, while the rest of the team pitched in and helped the farmer rid his crops of the e-coli... was he special? He only picked up a can to recycle it.. :wtf:

Eric at his car, finding the note from Horatio was however a nice touch. Super H has special powers and always knows what's happening under his nose, even if you try and hide it :lol:

Edit: I would like to add that I'm officially swearing off salads and corn due to this episode. Thanks! SMH

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

As for the stereotype, that was the writers' stereotypical thoughts seeping through and it had no place in the episode. That is not Ryan and it was out of character for him. The comment would have been wrong regardless of who said it. The writers need to stop screwing around with the characters and writing them out of character. If these writers can't get it right, then they shouldn't be writing and should let someone who can get it right write them.

I was a little confused by the Natalia/Calleigh scenes at the end. Were they in their own yards or were they supposed to be helping the farmer? We only know for sure that Ryan and Walter went back to help.- By the way, the fact that Ryan did go back to help should absolve his earlier stereotypical comment. At least they are showing that he learns from his mistakes and tries to make up for them. :)

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think Natalia and Calleigh were working in a community type farm.
    All of them were shown helping the environment in some way.
    I agree.

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I think by that time H had already known. Eric had on different clothes, the others were doing their thing as well, as if it had been a few days after he walked out of the locker room with his bag, so my impression was that he had already turned in his badge/talked to H -- tptb just didn't show it. I could've gone for a proper goodbye between them, but considering he isn't actually gone yet, I think that's the reason why they didn't have Eric & H share any official goodbyes -- there was really no need - the note was just the right touch.

6. symbeline

symbeline Witness

I don't know if tension is the right word. Ever since Ryan got reinstated, his relationship with Eric has "improved" and I've only seen that "tension" appear in a bunch of moments, but it was completely justified, like the "It's done" message, or Ryan framing an innocent man in "Wolfe in Sheep's clothing". Like I said, I don't think there's tension between Eric and Ryan, they are just colleagues and their opinions clash from time to time. That doesn't mean that they hate each other or that they don't want to be around each other. That only means IMO, that they are not close friends and tend to disagree.

I agree that the new guys won't judge Ryan for his past actions and it's easier for him to get along with Jesse and Walter for this reason, but I've always found realistic that after all Ryan's missteps the team wouldn't accept him with open arms immediately. Even so, Natalia and Calleigh seem to be good friends with Ryan (remember last season when Ryan and Natalia were gossiping about E/C or when Ryan tried to get the truth from Calleigh about her relationship with Eric) and they would have the same reasons as Eric to mistrust him.

7. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I know what you are saying; it seemed to come on all at once and since people seem to like it, they will probably OD us on it.

I think that is why I like it; there is no preconceived notions with Ryan. It is starting out from scratch. But I can understand too why it isn't a favorite.

They gave me a headache last night.

One only has to watch the end of WISC to see that the tension was never far away. Eric and Ryan are coworkers, nothing more.

I don't want to see the "3-musketeers" to the exclusion of any one of the three of them not working with the others. Ryan seems to work well with Calleigh, Natalia, etc., so does Jesse and Walter seems to have the ability to get along with anyone.

I miss last year's hair.

This is my fear with them tinkering with Ryan's character; they are not doing it in a positive way. I am puzzled why they are doing it anyway; he was going in a nice, positive direction at the end of last year, why mess with it, especially in the direction they seem to be taking him this year:confused: He is saying and doing things he would have never done in the past.:(

Ryan has been the scapegoat since he came on. It is getting rather old.

8. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I agree! When I saw how the food got contaminated it grossed me out too!! Though I am glad CSI Miami did an episode like this, it was really good!

9. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I just rewatched the episode again, and I love it! I haven't been this happy and excited or laughed and enjoyed the show so much since Speed was killed, it's good to see Miami finding their way back to their roots!

The three musketeers are just WAY TOO CUTE!:lol: They're like three siblings, blaming each other when things go wrong, teasing each other, and they even have the same "WTF" expression when they see something strange!:guffaw:I just find them to be WAY WAY WAY TOO ADORABLE!!!!!!! It's so good to see the boys get along and enjoy each other's company!

Now seeing it a second time, Jesse certainly wasn't displaying super abilities when he reacted to the gun-toting farmer. He knew that he had to be extra vigilant and careful when he was testing just in case if someone found him, if people watch closely, both Walter and Ryan were all looking around and making sure that no one saw them too since it was an illegal search and all that. Besides, Jesse only went for his gun when the farmer stepped on some leaves or something and made that crunching sound, that alerted to Jesse that someone's there, hence why he had the gun ready when he turned around, although it was rather unfair to pit Jesse's little handgun against that farmer's big rifle....:lol:

And did anyone notice Horatio called Natalia "Ms. Boa Vista", I'm starting to think H is calling them that by habit or something.....though he still calls Eric, Calleigh, Alexx, Frank, and Jesse by their first names.....maybe this is just a newbie thing.....

The ending was kinda cute...really really fitting music......

I think I figured out where each member was.....Walter and Ryan were at that gun-toting farmer's corn farm to help them with the corns......Calleigh and Natalia were at a community garden taking care of plants and flowers it seems.....Horatio was doing his signature pose in front of the crime lab building.....guess Eric was still inside when these scenes were being played.....and Jesse was out enjoying the Miami waves and recycling, hey at least now we know what Jesse does during his off times, yay for sneaking in a bit of character development!!;)

I did have one question though, anyone catch what kind of necklace Jesse was wearing at the end when he was on the beach? I couldn't tell if that was just some silver necklace or military dogtags.....

And I think I figured out the whole no-promo thing too! According to the site, next week is a re-run.......does anyone know why? Is there gonna be some event?

10. CSIKitty

CSIKitty Dead on Arrival

If I'm not mistaken, it looked as if Jesse were wearing dogtags. In Bolt Action, you can see he has a silver chain on as well. I wonder if and when he was in the military. as they possibly could not be his, maybe his fathers?

Not sure what's going on next week, though I'm annoyed there's already a break in the season.

11. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Or maybe it's something that Eddie himself wears so they just kept it for Jesse's character?

And if not dogtags...maybe it could be something that Jesse's mysterious "girl" made for him?

I just checked out Hostile Takeover, and Jesse certainly wasn't wearing it then.....so maybe it's something new...

And the whole break-thing annoys me too.....this is why I'm glad I don't have to deal with breaks when I'm watching 24, they air uninterrupted....thank god!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  12. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

About every other year they run a repeat towards the end of October, before November sweeps, as do most of the procedurals.

13. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I guess it's to make sure all their new shows start in November on time.....

personally though, it really annoys me.....breaks always cause me to go haywire without any new shows to watch......boredom....

14. davester64

davester64 Victim

I hope the genetically manipulated corn was only a plot device, not something that has really happened. Even so, I doubt I'll ever eat corn again.

15. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I enjoyed this one. It was great to see Alexx again, even if her character will be on only once in a while.

It's nice to see tptb make judicious use of the techs. Walter's a keeper. Okay guys, don't overdo it with him. Balance! Balance!

Oh goodie. Another shot of Jesse's boobs. :rolleyes: One, two, three...FANGURL SQUEAL!!

The last few scenes with Eric were tastefully done. I for one am more likely to respect the E/C relationship if that was one of many reasons Eric was leaving CSI.

A side to tptb. Whoever's making those stupid split screens, KICK HIM OR HER IN THE REAREND FOR ME!! :scream: That gets really annoying, and for us middle age folks, the picture is sometimes so small we can't really tell what's happening. KNOCK IT OFF WITH THE SPLIT SCREENS ALREADY!!

Rick Stetler really :drool:could have been in this one since a corporate litigation attorney was involved. Oh well, guess we can't have everything.

And in the end, everybody did something to help our planet. AWWWW, PITTER PATTER, I FEEL SO GOOD INSIDE. And they all still drive those big Hummers. :guffaw: Do us all a favor, CBS. Don't try to get political. You don't do a very good job of it.