Episode 7x21 Chip/Tuck ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Apr 10, 2009.

1. kljmiami

kljmiami Dead on Arrival

I will be really disappointed if this episode does not address the tension between Calleigh, Eric and Ryan. I’m not suggesting making a huge deal over it but at least bring it up.
    We may be in for more Eric-Ryan fight scenes reminiscent of season four which I actually find entertaining. Of course in season four we had Calleigh as the buffer whenever the snide banter got out of hand. I think it would be interesting to see what happens now that C/E are a couple. Perhaps Natalia will be there to back up Ryan and I love watching her get protective.;)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, I agree about protective-Natalia. She's awesome to watch. :lol: But, personally... I find the Eric/Ryan fighting boring anymore. It was interesting in the beginning, but now it just borders on annoying. :lol: I'm sure if Eric knew the circumstances, everything would be okay, but he doesn't know, so he's understandably angry. I just hope the writers will let Eric and Cal find out what exactly happened.

3. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

Hey y'all I was watching Entertainment Tonight on Saturday and there was a short preview about Entertainment Tonight's Monday show. They'll be talking about the Monday episode! Just letting you know :)

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I find the Eric/Ryan fighting boring and annoying too,give it a rest already. The tension from the last episode does need to be addressed though ,we shouldn't just see everyone carry on as if nothing went on.
    I aways miss this show because I'm too frugal to pay for cable.Perhaps someone will post it.:)

5. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I agree. Fighting is old, but the tension from 7.20 needs to be addressed. If not in the next episode, at least by the end of this season!

6. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

I agree too, that was to big of a rift to not be addressed in later episodes. I'm not going to be pleased if they are all "buddy-buddy" for the rest of the season.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think it needs to be addressd before the end of the season. It looks as if Ryan will be working so unless he isn't going to work with Eric or Calleigh(which is possible) it needs to be taken care of so at least they are able to work together somewhat.

8. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Even if it's not addressed out loud, I want this episode to at least have them act like something has happened instead of just forgetting everything. I would most like for Ryan to explain everything, but I at least want there to be some sort of visible separation of the team. Not like split up in pairs, but like....Eric giving Ryan a dirty look or not letting him process something.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Giving dirty looks is too childish.I hope they aren't going to handle things that way.

10. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

I definitely want that to be addressed with Eric got angry at Ryan because he really didn't know what was happening I would like to see that getting fixed I'm sure if Eric knew what it was about he wouldn't of been like that ..

11. Wasabi Power

Most importantly I want the team to be a team again.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

You're right, he wouldn't have been. He might have asked Ryan why didn't he just tell them and let them help, but he wouldn't have been angry with Ryan.

13. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

That's the only reason that Eric got mad at him, it's because he wanted to know why Ryan hid the evidence. Imagin you were in Eric's place, you'd be searching endlessly to find who murderd someone for hours and then your friend that's supposed to help you, just hands over the evidence that you could've used to catch a killer and then he doesn't say why. I would be raged. And Calleigh was stuck in the middle, she could see that something was wrong but didn't know what because Ryan didn't tell her so she had to agree with Eric about him leaving the room.

I agree that thsi issue should be addressed in Chip/Tuck, even for a second then the writers aren't to be blamed for forgetting something. I think it could go like this:

In the opening when the CSIs come together (possibly 4 of them and not just 3) you see Cal smile at him or even hug him, and Eric patting him on the shoulder to tell him it's alright we understand.

You know what I mean?

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I agree with all of you that have said that the tension should be addressed in some way in tomorrow's episode. I don't mind if the issue is not resolved tomorrow but if Ryan crosses path with either Cal or Eric things shouldn't be peaches and cream. There should be some tension there, an underlying of something that has not been resolved. And if things were resolved "off camera" then there should be something said to let us know that the issue was addressed and everything came out in the open. I wish it doesn't happen that way because I really want to see the moment when they work things out, but if it does then they should let us know that the conversation already took place.

15. Wasabi Power

I can see why E/C had such a short fuse with Ryan. But at the same time, I don't think Ryan told them anything because once they were in knowledge of everything, that might have made them accessories to Ryan's tampering with evidence. Even after everything was over and Billy was safe, the IAB could still be fresh on their heels- so really, Ryan withheld the information for everyone's own good. He was already risking his own career, why risk Eric and Calleigh's?

I don't know if everything will be addressed in this episode. It seems a lot is going on, but hopefully the writers snuck it in.