Episode 7x20 - Wolfe In Sheep's Clothing ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by squinn1201, Mar 26, 2009.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed with no swelling,but I did keep the area iced up for hours.I even went on a job interview the next day.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I have 3 dental implants on the bottom. Which means 3 teeth had to be pulled so they could drill metal posts into my gums inorder for them to put caps on top of them. Two of the teeth were pulled at the same time and I had absolutely no swelling. There was also no swelling when the implants were put in.

Alot of people have said that they didn't have any swelling when their teeth were pulled either. Everyone is different when it comes to these things. I had swelling with one of my wisdom teeth but it was impacted and the dentist really had to dig to get it out. There was no swelling when the other three were removed at a different appointment. I do, however, know people who swell badly even when they only get a root canal. So again, everyone is different in how they react.

3. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I'm sure if there is swelling he'll just make up an excuse, I bit on my cheek or I have a tooth ache, etc. Not sure how'd he explain a swollen cheek and a possible bruise on his face w/o raising suspension.

4. me.fergie

me.fergie Hit and Run

Damn, you guys must have one hell of good dentists :) I had one tooth removed plus some skin there (difficult to explain for a non native speaker, so i won't bother :) ), and I looked like full moon :)

Well, from the promo it doesn't look like there's any swelling on his face either, though it looked on the first promo pictures like it... I wonder if there'll be any bruising from the chord around his neck...

5. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

My son broke a tooth several years ago and had to have a root canal, and false front(?) as a result. That same afternoon he was susposed to swim at a meet and everyone was like..."Oh, root canal? He won't swim." But he was there feeling fine and having one of the best swims ever.
    So I guess it depends on the person. However he could just explain any swelling bruising on a dental visit.

6. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Haha, well since we're on the subject, once I chipped a tooth. I'm talking harline, teeny tiny chip, and it hurt like crazy for weeks. I could barely chew!

Ryan will no doubt be in some pain. He gets a tooth pulled with a nasty pair of pliers. That's...ouch. Wow. I don't know if I can watch that part.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I just hope the pliers are sterlized and don't have germs from the last victim on them. :lol:

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Let's hope so,ewww. Whenever poor Ryan does get to the dentist,he will need some antibiotics.The last dental work I had done required I use two entire bottles of antiseptic rinse,which took forever to use up.

9. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Haha, I loved OCD Ryan. Still do. It's too bad they haven't mentioned it in forever, considering that OCD isn't something that goes away like a cold. I understand that it could get annoying hearing Ryan say "Well, I have OCD and..." every single episode, but they could still mention it once in a while.

But back to the episode, I'm really looking forward to how this story is going to play out. Of course, being a bit of a hiphugger, I can't wait to see the opening scene of our two lovebirds sharing a bathroom, but Ryan's situation is also very interesting. I bet when he started out as a CSI, or even when he became a patrol cop, he never expected to be in this kind of a predicament.

10. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Aaaw if this was little baby Ryan from season 3 I would feel so much more sorry for him! But now he's so much more... manly? :lol: I still feel so sad for him but it's not as bad.

Anywaaays. My brother had a tooth pulled when he knocked it UP into his gums. He screaaaamed when they yanked it. :guffaw:

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Bad as it will be to watch,seeing Ryan from season 3 would be so much worse.He is more manly now,but I'm sure it will be just as hard for him to deal with.He's going to need a medical doctor, dentist and a therapist when this ordeal is over.

12. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Absolutely. Poor season 3 Ryan with his longer hair and more boyish features. I'm still going to hate seeing Season 7 Ryan get pliered in the face, though. :(

13. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Skinny Ryan or bulky Ryan, he's still a baby in my eyes... but just a big one now :lol:! Okay the thought of the pliers removing his tooth is giving me excruciating pain. Such a strong man, I can't for this episode!

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree that it would be worse if it had happened when he was younger. He's bulked up muscle wise quite a bit since then. We know from "And They're Offed" that he can certainly take a punch or two.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Even though he has bulked up and can take a punch,it's still awful to think about. I just keep thinking "poor Ryan". I really want something good to happen for him.