Episode 7x17 - 'Divorce Party' *** CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Mar 7, 2009.

1. electra

electra Pathologist

I honestly started watching Miami more regularly due to E/C but the show has me hooked again.Case had enough twists to keep me entertained.Have to admit that having a kid with your brother is kind of creepy but they didn't knew it until it was over.The parallel scenes with Eric and Calleigh were well done too.

Am I the only one that want to see horatio more warm with kyle?He was so emotionally distant.I like super H for criminals but this is his family afterall.

I am not sure what to think about Tara storyline.If the writers do it right,could be interesting.But there is part of me that doesn't like when character development is about somehting negative.It's like Ryan and the gambling.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  2. anamarya

anamarya Witness

yes, but taking into account the fact that H was "other wise engaged"... (Kyle, Julia) it was normal for them to conduct the investigation. they are the senior CSI's in that lab.
    i liked Michael, the new guy (i really don't remember from were except "charmed" i know him), Tripp's scene with the "party host", and Natalia's scene from procesing the DNA. Maybe i would've liked more Natalia and some Valera but one can't have it all.

strangely the Kyle story wasn't so out there for me. ok, the apartment is so MIAMI, but the rest seems ok. maybe is good for the kid to be around law enforcement.

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I wasn't too impressed with this episode. Imagine that.
    It seemed a bit too boring.

yep. There's reason #1. ;)

H/Kyle/Julia:
    I like the fatherly Horatio, though it distances him from the team, so I like it & then again, I don't.
    Kyle is cute, but I still don't know how to feel about him having a big part on the show as an ME's assistant.
    Julia needs to end up in the morgue herself.....

Tara:
    I can't say I'm too convinced that she is a drug thief & user. It would definitly cause her to be fired & unless TPTB have any plans of letting go of the character then I would suspect that this will be about something else.
    Horatio was & always has been pretty determined to get Kyle away from Julia. I have a feeling he set it up this way & the conversation between him & Tara about the missing drugs was just to throw us off.

The case itself:
    Not enough twists & excitement. All too predicatable.
    I couldn't figure out the meaning of Natalia staring at the photos & then into the interrogation room. At first I thought that she was suspecting that the Mothers were also involved with the murder, but then they didn't show anything else. :confused:

Frank: "I'm not buying the gay thing" :lol: **love you**

Travers: Stay put, my friend...you're a doll!!:adore:

New hairy fella: You're quite cute... in a caveman kinda way....not too sure that you're fitting in with this crowd though. See more, judge then. :shifty:

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Plus we also got a lot of Horatio; case plus family stuff, so it wasn't all Eric and Calleigh.

Anyway... the episode yes... it was...ok. Not the best of the season, not the worst.

Things I liked:

-Calleigh calling Tara "babe" :lol:. First Ryan, now Tara. It's such a Calleigh thing to say but at the same time it's weird to hear her say it :lol:. I don't know how to explain that.:p

-The interrogation scene with Frank and the dude calling him honey :lol:.

-The parallel scene with the wives was really interesting.

-Eric's suit :thumbsup:.

-Lots of Travers!!! I don't know why but I like it when the lab techs explain stuff to the CSI's. He's such a cool dude :cool:.

-The new guy Ryan talked to seemed cool also.

-The ending :eek:. I actually gasped! Did not see that one coming :eek:. Interesting storyline for Tara. I think it's time since she's been here since almost the beginning of the season and we know nothing about her.

-Eric pulling Cal's chair out and in for her :).

-H being all big papa is kind of an interesting side to Horatio.

Things I did not like:

-Opening sequence I thought was so cheesy with the whole ceremony :rolleyes:.

-Julia, Julia, Julia...I was painfully reminded of why I don't like this new Horatio family storyline :rolleyes:. Kyle at what 17?, can work full time and gets a new apartment :rolleyes:.

-I didn't quite get why the kids killed the dad. Because he lied, because he wanted to split them up, because he wanted them to have an abortion, all three...??? :confused: It wasn't very clear to me.

-Why did Natalia keep looking at the family pics at the end? I thought that she would suddenly say something that would put a new twist on the case, but then nothing happened. Didn't quite get that either. Plus her hair is back to the way it was... the new look made her look younger and prettier.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I like the new A/V tech. Dave was his name I think. :lol: He wasn't wearing a lab coat. We sure got a lot of scenes with Michael Travers though. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  6. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I think Horatio attributes Keyle's bad driving to his mother, and the fact he's driving a PORCSHE! (sp?)
    But I have had many friends who live ont heir own at 16 -18. The fact is Julia is a liability for Kyle, horatio saw that, and it's not like he won't be looking out for the kid.

I thought the end with Kyle getting his own place was rather heart warming.

Taraaaa. Drugsss? Weird. S'all I got to say.

The thing with Natalia looking at the phtos and such is just a time. I guess part of Miami's success in the past has been awkward little tidbits like those, the visual affects and colors. They just keep you looking without disrupting the storyline. :confused: Cool, but if something HAD happened at that moment, it would have been interesting!

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I kept expecting her to think that one of the kids didn't look like the dad and run a test and prove that they weren't siblings all along and that they killed the dad for no reason, but nope... we didn't get that. perhaps that scene ended up on the cutting room floor. :lol:

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

It left me with the feeling that the story wasn't closed. They didn't take the kids away; they just sat there holding hands. Tara's ending was also very "to be continued" so....maybe the incest/murder/birth to a 3 headed baby isn't quite over?

9. anamarya

anamarya Witness

that would be interesting and would explain Natalia's behavior giving her the chance to "save the day" so to speak (not for the case,but for the kids). and would take away a part of the "bleah"factor.

10. flgal

flgal Hit and Run

The ending was a real surprise...Maybe Tara will get fired for stealing the pills & Alexx will come back!!! hey I can dream can't I:lol:

It was an ok epi.. not as good as others but it had a few funny moments for me...
    I thought too that Julia had lost all her money..bad investments or something...Kyle was taking her to a job interview..doesn't seem like she would need a job if she was rich..

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Did anyone else find the beginning when the board fell on Tara's head a bit funny? It wasn't done the best in my opinion. You can tell it wasn't a real board and it just looked pretty fake to me.

12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I totally found it funny, the people I was watching the episoide with didn't. They thought I was insane for laughing and I responded with that I don't like the character so I can laugh if I want to...I do the same thing with a specific character on LV as well. It adds humor to the show for me, and sometimes it helps to geth though some of the oddness that TPTB decide to drop that week.

13. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

THANK GOD I'm not the only one!!! I was cracking up when that board fell on her. LOL. And to the person who noted Julia needs to end up in the morgue, I'm so there with you. The eppy was eh, although I did squee for joy when Eric pulled the chair out for Calleigh. I remember she glanced his way, but darn it, we didn't get to see her expression. I KNEW the PTB would pull this next ep after "Sink or Swim" and not give us ANY EC. Teases. Next week's looks very very interesting. The look on Eric's face when they're sitting down in the plane was so "I want to join the mile high club." lol

14. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Ok, I really liked this episode. Kyle speeding while taking his mom to a job interview-funny since she'll have to rely on him to wake her lazy self up?right I have a 17yr old son who barely gets up for the bus on time...Loved that Kyle answered the dead guy's phone-that really threw Horatio for a loop. As for Kyle getting his own place-well I graduated high school at 17 started College at 17 and moved in w/my grandparents so technically I was an adult at 17. So I can buy maybe Kyle tested out of school or maybe he's taking night classes. I would think he's behind,not ahead since I don't think he attended classes while in prison all those months? oh well, sorry I really thought we'd FINALLY get to see where Horatio lives-apt or house-traditional or new? but I can believe the nice house since Julia probably has some money stashed or she sold off paintings, wine bottles, something,jewerly? and bought/leased the house but she gave up Kyle too easily if you ask me. Or she's really aware that she's losing it even more meds or not? loved the twists of the kids but still don't understand why they killed dad-I thought maybe it was an accident and they covered it up but no they intentionally killed him-why not just run away and have the kid? oh well-the mom's must be freakin' out though...like Wes Ramsey? as the new lab tech guy-he appeared in season 1 or 2 as a rapist/killer...cool to see him again..

15. Liesbetje

Liesbetje Dead on Arrival

What's with the ending? I was like OMG OMG what now? Can't they have people without issues working in the lab? On the other hand, it can make her character more interesting. But anyways I was shocked when I saw it. So shocked I almost forgot about the rest of the episode. Except for Travers. He's so cute and so smart!